• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Loneliest type?

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
So, which type is generally the loneliest, and what about them creates this problem? What could they do differently to mitigate it?

MBTI preferably, but I suppose enneagram is okay too. I'm doing this because my INTP friend is convinced that his profile and "statistics about INTPs" are fatalistically dooming him to be lonely forever :rolli:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an INTP and I never feel lonely ever. And won't ever in the future either.

It is irrational to feel lonely.

Feeling lonely is probably more present among the F types. No offense.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
ISTJs seem pretty lonely, but then I'm not really familiar with many other types.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I'd say INTJ/Ps, except they are generally too busy being brilliant to even notice they're alone. I'd say the introverted Fs, actually.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
My friend's argument goes like this: type 5 enneagram at their unhealthiest is schizoid, or basically disconnected from reality. Since INTP is highly correlated with type 5, and somewhere he read that INTPs are the most introverted, he believes that INTPs are doomed to never leave the house and find friends or engage in healthy socializing.

But MonkeyGrass brings up an excellent point: INTPs may be lonely only once they place value on it and stop being preoccupied with their own interests.

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
My friend's argument goes like this: type 5 enneagram at their unhealthiest is schizoid, or basically disconnected from reality. Since INTP is highly correlated with type 5, and somewhere he read that INTPs are the most introverted, he believes that INTPs are doomed to never leave the house and find friends or engage in healthy socializing.

But MonkeyGrass brings up an excellent point: INTPs may be lonely only once they place value on it and stop being preoccupied with their own interests.

alone ≠ lonely.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just tell him to be himself and be proud of his type.

If I was to try and be more like an ENFP, I'd feel hella lonely too. But I'm not, I'm happy with who I am.

We create our own happiness and inner emotions for a great deal I'd say for the average INTP, only a quarter of our happiness is related to external sources we have no control over. It's a matter of choice. o/

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's not Introverts who feel lonely, it's Extroverts. Introverts like being alone, thus why they don't get lonely too often. Extroverts are more prone to feel lonely because they usually prefer to be around people more than Introverts, and can't always be around people, which is why they feel lonely.

I'm an Extrovert and I feel lonely all of the time.

As for most loneliest type, I'd say ESFPs or ENFPs.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Awe, I'm sorry to bring this up guys. Group hug!

UaAL0.jpg

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
It's not Introverts who feel lonely, it's Extroverts. Introverts like being alone, thus why they don't get lonely too often.

That's actually a misconception. :) An introvert may process inwardly, and be worn out by people in excess, but many introverts thrive on the company and intimacy of a few trusted loved ones. ;) Just because we process on the inside and don't self-disclose constantly doesn't necessarily mean we enjoy being alone a lot.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Eh, not entirely sure, but I'd say INFP's because I've felt loneliness all my life. Melodramatic, I know, but it's true. I think INFP's would feel better when they learn how to fully develop their extroverted intuition. When you quit relating everything to yourself, things don't seem as alien and intimidating.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, coming in kind of late, but my vote is definitely INFP.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is it irrational to feel lonely? o.o

There are loads of people within reach, if you want to meet people, it's not that tough.

If you feel lonely, sitting around being lonely and doing nothing wont change the situation either.

So from both angles, it appears to be irrational to feel lonely. At least to me. :p