User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Loneliest type?

MBTI
    AHH!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    INFP. I've felt lonely and outcast most of my life, even if it's in my head or of my own doing.

INFPs long to connect with people, but can have trouble doing so....which results in loneliness.
    Exactly...and I definitely know what you're talking about.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    But I thought the OP was about which type is generally lonely and why they have that problem. None of the ESFxs I know are lonely because they fill up their time hanging around with others and usually fit in quite nicely with other people.
    True...The ESFX's seem to have an easy time making friends. My ESFP sister makes friends wherever she goes, and my ESFJ grandma can strike up a conversation with almost any stranger.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    xxxx

INFPs, easily. Even while other types may not have as many people around them, they won't get lonely from this anywhere as easily.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    *checks OP* Oh yes, you're right!

Shy/socially anxious ESF_ then but that's not really a type.
    I would agree with that.

I've dealt with loneliness because even though I'm an introvert, I really do need one hermit buddy, a confidant. I'm not comfortable being completely alone. I get disconnected and start to feel like a non-person. A trusted friend is like a link to reality. Crowds are what bother me and wear me down. I could go the rest of my life without being around a large group of people at once.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP

I'll throw another vote in for INFP (go us!). I think the problem for INFPs is what dotdalidot said, that we can be surrounded by people but still feel isolated from them. Which is strange for me personally, because I'm not someone who feels particularly misunderstood or alienated, but when I really think about it, I don't feel connected to people either.

Although I never thought this feeling was unique to INFPs (is it? ).

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, it's not INTP. I get lonely every once in a great while, but most of the time, I realize that being around people can make you feel more alone than being alone can. Sometimes I wish for a soulmate/mindmate, but mostly I don't notice that I'm alone until someone points it out by asking nosy questions. I'm always wrapped up in my own thoughts/pursuits.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The loneliest type is always the Spiderpig:

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Just tell him to be himself and be proud of his type.

If I was to try and be more like an ENFP, I'd feel hella lonely too. But I'm not, I'm happy with who I am.

We create our own happiness and inner emotions for a great deal I'd say for the average INTP, only a quarter of our happiness is related to external sources we have no control over. It's a matter of choice. o/
    Come to think of it, my friend mentioned that his test results indicated an idea type that was ES-something, and he seems to pine over generically popular, outgoing and "out of his league" girls. Perhaps he's inclined to think that his type isn't helping him in his pursuits, and thus values not being lonely in this manner. Either that or he needs to just get laid real bad

I've noticed that a lot of people indicate INFPs are very lonely. I'd like to wonder about how changing the F to a T makes a difference in this. As an INTP I sometimes get a strong sense of nihilistic disconnect from the world, as if my social consciousness and intellectual concern for it gets dampened and turned into an alienated frustration and apathy. Perhaps the Feeling INFP relates to this, but in a more personal fashion- extreme loneliness and depression from feeling a lack of interpersonal, positive closeness among people in their environment.. or simply a lack of people around that they can "heal" to create understanding and atmospheric positivity.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

I remember my first clear perception of the lonely Extrovert syndome. It totally turned my view of the world upside down! And made the erratic behaviour of some "people-people" so much more understandable... so from personal experience I'm gonna say ESFP, just because of their apparent inability to be in a room alone with themselves without lunging for a telephone.

MBTI
    INFP

There's a chronic loneliness inherent in being an INFP. A feeling of detachment from humanity that is persistent. Feeling "off" but wanting so much to be a part, yet at the same time holding yourself apart. INFPs require depth in relationships in order to stave off the deep loneliness that's there even when they're mostly happy. But depth in relationships is very hard to find.
    INFPs long to connect with people, but can have trouble doing so....which results in loneliness.
    Exactly. This quote from the book Conscious Orientation says it well:

"In spite of ever-repeated collisions with the world and with other people, they can never give up their wish to love them both.

They conceal their sensitiveness behind a mask, which may be childish or simple, or again conventional, remote, or it may be friendly. But behind this mask the search goes on for someone who will understand, and for a community which will embody their ideals."