User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Loneliest type?

MBTI
    UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    There are loads of people within reach, if you want to meet people, it's not that tough.

If you feel lonely, sitting around being lonely and doing nothing wont change the situation either.

So from both angles, it appears to be irrational to feel lonely. At least to me. :P
    Hmm, that's all true. But it's also true that one can be surrounded by thousands of people, have many friends, etc. but still feel lonely. At least, that's what I've experienced.

I don't know, I think loneliness deals more with communication. If a person tries to communicate but cannot be understood or isn't being heard, etc., it's the same as not communicating at all, which is the same as not interacting at all. Which is the same as being alone. Which will, in turn, breed the feeling of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    It's not Introverts who feel lonely, it's Extroverts. Introverts like being alone, thus why they don't get lonely too often.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    That's actually a misconception. An introvert may process inwardly, and be worn out by people in excess, but many introverts thrive on the company and intimacy of a few trusted loved ones. Just because we process on the inside and don't self-disclose constantly doesn't necessarily mean we enjoy being alone a lot.
    Especially introverts with auxiliary Fe

Actually, I'm not lonely very often. But I'm picky.

MBTI
    AHH!

Quote Originally Posted by dotdalidot View Post
    Hmm, that's all true. But it's also true that one can be surrounded by thousands of people, have many friends, etc. but still feel lonely. At least, that's what I've experienced.

I don't know, I think loneliness deals more with communication. If a person tries to communicate but cannot be understood or isn't being heard, etc., it's the same as not communicating at all, which is the same as not interacting at all. Which is the same as being alone. Which will, in turn, breed the feeling of loneliness.
    Yes, this. If you're surrounded by people who don't understand you it's still like being alone.

garbage

I'm also seconding the "lonely Extrovert" phenomenon. Or thirding. Or whatever.

Often, I just consider some of my solitary tasks at work completely boring until I can get someone else involved, or go home from some event and immediately want to talk to someone again.

violaine

I don't really experience loneliness very often. I can't even think of the last time I was lonely.

I too, perhaps mistakenly, thought it would be extroverts who experience loneliness more acutely, based on the Es I know well and the idea that Es are energized by the outer world.

I think loneliness is different from alienation though, which I imagine anyone who feels misunderstood might feel.

MBTI
    nnnn

INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFP. I've felt lonely and outcast most of my life, even if it's in my head or of my own doing.

INFPs long to connect with people, but can have trouble doing so....which results in loneliness.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

If you put each type in isolation for a week I bet ESF_s would be the loneliest over that time.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    If you put each type in isolation for a week I bet ESF_s would be the loneliest over that time.
    But I thought the OP was about which type is generally lonely and why they have that problem. None of the ESFxs I know are lonely because they fill up their time hanging around with others and usually fit in quite nicely with other people.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    But I thought the OP was about which type is generally lonely and why they have that problem. None of the ESFxs I know are lonely because they fill up their time hanging around with others and usually fit in quite nicely with other people.
    *checks OP* Oh yes, you're right!

Shy/socially anxious ESF_ then but that's not really a type.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations