Thread: Balanced Types

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Balanced Types

A lot of times I see people on here claiming to be "strong N" "strong P" or strong whatever. Anyone here have balance in any or some dichotomies? How does that make you act in relation to others of your own type or in relation to other people in general? What are the ups and downs of being balanced? I have my own ideas about this but want to hear some other opinions first.

garbage

Yeah, N is definitely strongest for me. I'm actively working on "improving my S," though.

Extroversion? I've got introverted traits, but then most every ENxP claims that they're a "introverted extrovert" and so I suppose that comes with the territory. It means that I'd usually rather be alone than have meaningless discussion, I introspect, and I have Ne-related hobbies that don't involve others. I'm still pretty social, though.

I respect both sides of the thinking and feeling dichotomy, and I'm typically more "feeling" than most ENTPs. I've heavily delved into that side in studying other people, being around feeling people, dating, and so on.. truly wanting to understand it. By and large, NFs are still the people that I'm closest to.

It's also worth noting that Feeling doesn't correlate with Neuroticism (it's been studied), and Thinking doesn't always equate to being a disagreeable ass. So, stop believing these things.

I've also always been a planned and organized person; it's the mindset that I needed to have in college and at work. But, as I got out, I realized how wonderful it was to be able to sit back and just adapt. I still do have a mind partially in the future, and I'm still pretty well organized, but going with the flow and relying upon being adaptable is great, too.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Anyone here have balance in any or some dichotomies?
    If we did, we wouldn't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    If we did, we wouldn't be here.
    Why?

I am equal on E/I. Means I need people but hate groups.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

If by balanced you mean the ability to use both sides of the dichotomies, then yes. For example, I favor ISTJ, but when with other I people, I tend to behave more like E. My Fi is strong, but overall my T way outweighs my F. I don't know the criteria to tell how much I use N. Same with P vs J.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    entp

i sometimes get ENxP...

but im pretty sure its the result of non-situational based question. i consider myself ENTP with a fairly well developed Fe

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm borderline on all preferences. It just makes me a very balanced person.

E/I- I really do like people, but at the same time they tire me. So that makes me an I, but a very mild one. Most of the time I prefer to spend my time with people for fun. Regardless of this I'm still an I, I'm still inwardly focused etc.

S/N- My S and N is honestly totally balanced, I am theoretical and I have really no issue with being concrete either. I prefer to do both.

T/F- I am not controlled by my emotions, but they are most certainly there. I have some intense emotions, but I've learned to not make decisions based off of them (not major ones). I consider myself very logical and rational, and at the same time very emotional. Based on MBTI's terms I am still very slightly an F.

P/J- I think like a P type does but I still like to make plans. Some things are just best set in stone, while others are best left open ended. Depending on something's importance I'll make a plan, but this plan is only used if just throwing myself at the problem doesn't work. I am pretty organized, but in my own way. According to MBTI I am still slightly P.

So that makes me IXFP, and since I can actually be intuitive and I have Ne I call myself INFP. IMO MBTI just isn't that great... there are other ways of better describing your personality and how your brain functions (such as socionics).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    xxxx

Don't you know that all Ss on this forum are borderline Ns?

I generally have the ability to act like an E in certain situations, much like my fellow ISTJ a few posts above.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Balance is about using your preferences the best way, not in being 50:50 on all.

Don't you know that all Ss on this forum are borderline Ns?
    how do you mean this?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    how do you mean this?
    Sarcasm on his part.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)