Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    A lot of times I see people on here claiming to be "strong N" "strong P" or strong whatever. Anyone here have balance in any or some dichotomies? How does that make you act in relation to others of your own type or in relation to other people in general? What are the ups and downs of being balanced? I have my own ideas about this but want to hear some other opinions first.
    Actually I'm borderline E/I and am not terribly imbalanced on P/J. I am very strongly NF, but I have some S development. I think that Te is my weakest function.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If we're talking about functional balance then yeah my INFP functions are balanced. Fi and Ne tends to overpower the others, but the others are totally balanced (Si, Se, Te, Ni). Ti is kinda lacking, but Fe is just downright awful within me (it's noticeable).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Balance is about using your preferences the best way, not in being 50:50 on all.
    Not really, if you just focus on your preferences you will be ignoring half of the functions. I think truly balanced would be developing all of your functions and not relying too heavily on just one or two (these people are usually the most annoying, developing other functions tempers your dominant functions).

I'm strong I and weak sfp.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm so balanced in P/J that i can't tell, if i'm INFP or INFJ

annoys the hell out of me
    Last edited by Requeim; 06-20-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    A lot of times I see people on here claiming to be "strong N" "strong P" or strong whatever. Anyone here have balance in any or some dichotomies? How does that make you act in relation to others of your own type or in relation to other people in general? What are the ups and downs of being balanced? I have my own ideas about this but want to hear some other opinions first.
    I think 'I' is my strongest, next comes N, then the other two fall somewhere later.

I do notice differences when interacting with my own type, INFJ (I have three INFJ friends). One is WAY more F-ish than I (at least externally), so I often feel much more even-keeled when I compare myself to her. I also feel less 'J' than 2 of them..much more 'floaty' than either....but when I compare myself to P people, I'm definitely a J.

I think the positive with being balanced is that you have the capacity to interact with more types in more mutually positive ways, and you also may have a bigger skill set, in terms of things you are adept at doing - might be able to fit in a wider variety of jobs, etc, and also might have more of an overall balance in your life as a whole, and keeping it together.

Negatives -- I think you can easily get caught in tug-of-wars between opposing forces. The more balanced you get, the more middle-of-the-road you may become, and less able to decide one way or another, as you might get to the point where you see all sides and become almost immobilized. You may also, ironically (it kinda goes against what I said in my previous paragraph of getting along with more people), start having issues with extremes of any sort.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP

I would say I am "balanced" in the T-F domain. I still cannot decide if I am INTP or INFP. I have tested as both, and my Ti and Fi are both strong.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I am a beautiful sunflower from the never-ending cosmos.
    I come in peace, love and harmony to save humanity from the evils of dichotomies.
    I will slay the mighty dragon Haight, and his evil high priests and priestesses
    I shall purge this cave of lies from all things EISNTFPJ! All shall be X!
    I, the very pinnacle of human evolution, pledge myself to do this!
    I am also a self-centered, sleep-deprived bastard

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

iNtJ.

It means that I can navigate my interpersonals a lot better than most INTJs, both one-on-one and in group dynamics.

It also means that I am more easily misunderstood, or when I make a comment about myself that refers to my "typical INTJ" characteristics, people call bullshit, because they often don't see those characteristics until they know me well.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

*cough*

also, strong T