User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Control

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    I have been doing this nonstop since March -- especially in my free time, no less. In regards to MBTI, sometimes I wonder.
    I decided to change the wording for the introverts so that is seems more like they are in control.

• ESTPs like to be In Charge of motivating and directing peers in flexible situations they initiate.
    • ESTJs like to be In Charge of structuring and directing subordinates and superiors in ordered situations they initiate.
    • ENFJs like to be In Charge of motivating and directing subordinates and superiors in ordered situations they initiate.
    • ENTJs like to be In Charge of structuring and directing peers in ordered situations they initiate.
    • ESFPs like to Get Things Going by motivating and informing peers in flexible situations they initiate.
    • ESFJs like to Get Things Going by structuring subordinates and informing superiors in ordered situations they initiate.
    • ENFPs like to Get Things Going by motivating subordinates and informing superiors in flexible situations they initiate.
    • ENTPs like to Get Things Going by structuring and informing peers in flexible situations they initiate.
    • ISTPs like to Chart the Course with motivating plans for their peers in flexible situations they anticipate.
    • ISTJs like to Chart the Course with structured plans for subordinates and superiors in ordered situations they anticipate.
    • INFJs like Chart the Course with motivating plans for subordinates and superiors in ordered situations they anticipate.
    • INTJs like to Chart the Course with structured plans for their peers in ordered situations they anticipate.
    • ISFPs like to provide motivating information to their peers, Behind the Scenes, in flexible situations they want to integrate.
    • ISFJs like to provide structured information to their superiors and subordinates, Behind the Scenes, in ordered situations they want to integrate.
    • INFPs like to provide motivating information to their superiors and subordinates, Behind the Scenes, in flexible situations they want to integrate.
    • INTPs like to provide structured information to their peers, Behind the Scenes, in flexible situations they want to integrate.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I've been noticing the trends recently of MBTI types and their feelings on control. (Keep in mind that this is from a relatively small sample). It seems to me that types such as INTJ tend to be more oriented towards controlling/leading/etc., whereas ExFPs tend to be pretty much against being controlled and the control of others (social anarchists), and types like ISTJ tend to lean more towards being controlled.

I don't think there is anything wrong with any of this, it suits the natural order, but I'm curious what your experiences are with this...or if you just think I'm full of shit.

Oh yeah, and I was motivated to write this post while browsing some random INFJ thread (it was like two seconds ago and I already forgot what it was). All the INFJs I know are very controlling (see: like to control, but suck at it), and they would make it very overt, like..."I'm your master." No joke. Needless to say, I derived much pleasure from putting them in their place via subtle mental manipulation.
    Correct.
    Here we find that the typology has got another continuum.

The continuum the MBTI does not differentiate at all.

Stong control equates strong drive = ESTJ.
    Weak control equates weak drive = ESTJ.

One type?