• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your weakest functions?

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
According to the test, my lowest are Fe and Ti.

Ti being the lowest.

Fe would make sense. I'm pretty socially inept, and when I do socialize, especially with people whom I consider acquaintances, it takes a lot of effort on my part. I mean, a lot of effort to please them, I guess. I don't know, I'd figure that's what Fe means?

Ti, I don't really know what it means either. It's supposed to be about knowing how things work, right?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ No, Ti is responsible for organizing all of your data into internally consistent frameworks of logical relationships by which future data can be evaluated. Ti = impersonal inner frameworks.

Out of curiosity, can you post your full function order from the test?

It's unusual to have two opposite functions as your bottom two.

What is your best, Fi?

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
^ No, Ti is responsible for organizing all of your data into internally consistent frameworks of logical relationships by which future data can be evaluated. Ti = impersonal inner frameworks.

Out of curiosity, can you post your full function order from the test?

It's unusual to have two opposite functions as your bottom two.

What is your best, Fi?

Yepp. After taking it again I still got:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.2)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29.3)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.2)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.4)
excellent use

Yeah, I guess my best is Fi.

Why is it unusual to have two opposite functions as bottom two?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Since we're still using this thread, I feel like giving an update. Maybe I'll see how much my mood affects things?

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.2)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************************** (44.3)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.6)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************* (43.3)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.5)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.6)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************** (20.9)
limited use

To compare to last time:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************************** (42.8)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.6)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********* (9.1)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.5)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.5)
good use
Se and Ne are almost exactly the same. Si, Ti, and especially Te noticed an increase, perhaps at the cost of F, which fell drastically in both the introverted and extroverted forms.

Qre:us

My weakest function

Without a question, and my primary reason for joining the forum, was due to an interest in learning more about:

Fi.

I suck at it, and, it has hindered many personal relationships (in the intimate domain).

I am still trying to find a 'method' for exercising this function. I want to feel attached to things, people, give value and priority to MY point of view....but, as strange as it may sound, most of the times, my point of view is taken in by me as ONE of the many points of view that can exist. As soon as I take a personal stance on something, *something I believe in* (I actually don't have many concrete immovable beliefs), I am just as soon thinking of all the different ways that same thing can be viewed, and rationalizing them. And, amidst all that mess, I know *my* one lies...but, it's never a forefront.

Most accurate metaphor is that I very often feel like an audience to my own life.

Extremes bring Fi at the forefront for me, like, a terrible thing happening to a loved one, or, anger over...well, I can't even say I get angry at someone for what they *personally* did to me, but, more about how they went about doing it, and what motivation I infer/assume of theirs that led them to do what they did. Then, I evaluate the mode/motive and deem it 'not right' to do to anyone...and deal accordingly.

I want to start to find ME within me. :cry: (and truthfully, I'm not as sad as frustrated because it's a thing I can't understand and always seems to narrowly escape me....I just want to catch the slippery bugger once and for all)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Without a question, and my primary reason for joining the forum, was due to an interest in learning more about:

Fi.

I suck at it, and, it has hindered many personal relationships (in the intimate domain).

I am still trying to find a 'method' for exercising this function. I want to feel attached to things, people, give value and priority to MY point of view....but, as strange as it may sound, most of the times, my point of view is taken in by me as ONE of the many points of view that can exist. As soon as I take a personal stance on something, *something I believe in* (I actually don't have many concrete immovable beliefs), I am just as soon thinking of all the different ways that same thing can be viewed, and rationalizing them. And, amidst all that mess, I know *my* one lies...but, it's never a forefront.

Most accurate metaphor is that I very often feel like an audience to my own life.

Extremes bring Fi at the forefront for me, like, a terrible thing happening to a loved one, or, anger over...well, I can't even say I get angry at someone for what they *personally* did to me, but, more about how they went about doing it, and what motivation I infer/assume of theirs that led them to do what they did. Then, I evaluate the mode/motive and deem it 'not right' to do to anyone...and deal accordingly.

I want to start to find ME within me. :cry: (and truthfully, I'm not as sad as frustrated because it's a thing I can't understand and always seems to narrowly escape me....I just want to catch the slippery bugger once and for all)

i hear you about Fi. it's one of my weaker functions too. but can you force yourself (i guess you can) to get good at it? perhaps since it's your 7th function (if you go by typical beebe function order--which i think is a load of sh$%--and i'm assuming you're entp) it will take more life experience and stuff to let it ripen naturally. i think that's what makes old people so wise. it's that they have time to utilize and grow all those pesky unused functions.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.3)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************* (49.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.7)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************** (50.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********** (11.8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************** (14.6 )
unused

ahahaha!
:vader1:

i think ive taken this before and have seen my Ne surpass my Ti. they're close at least, although i knew that already. i think my Si only started to develop somewhat recently.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax

Fi.

i can relate.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
According to the threads that have been going around here lately, my weakest is Ti, followed bye Fe.

According to that test that has been pointed out in this thread, however...

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.7)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************** (17.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************************** (52.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.4)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.9)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.7)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************************** (53.3)
excellent use

... Te seems to be the weakest, followed by Se.

I don't know what to make of all of this. :cry:

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Se. I am ridiculously unobservant. It has recently developed slightly for me, though. About a month ago, driving a car started to feel like the car was an extension of my body. Tres cool. :D (note to the wise: Ti really really sucks for driving, Se is much better)

It's hard to discern between actual use of Fe and imitating learned Fe skills. Actual use of Fe is very low when I observe my own behavior. It takes too much effort, that's what I mean.

I don't have a good handle on how I well I do Fe. It's often something I have to do conciously, it's not particularly natural for me.

Fi.

I've been through something similar. In hindsight, I was using Ti to work out Fi values. But in the past few weeks, I've realised that Ti sucks for this. Better for me to switch off Ti and tune into how something makes me feel. Calmness = right thing to do.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Te and Si, probably. I have a concept of the most efficient way to do something is, and then someone else pwns me with the more efficient way to do something. But it simply isn't elegant! Plus my plans don't usually involve an initial scenario that resembles reality in any way. So it's not like they would work so much as they would look cool /the applications would be far-reaching if they worked. I think I get blinded by this idealism a lot.

Si. I'm not entirely sure what this function's supposed to do, so maybe that's why I don't think I use it much. I notice the details that change usually (I think, but how do you know if you're not noticing?) I'm like good traditions, but am a little mischievious- and lazy- there is only one way to do things the traditional way, there are infinite ways to fuck it up! I blame chaos theory. My friends have no qualms about pointing out when I have misremembered an event- I remember my reaction and the emotional pattern (aka the circumstances) merging from such events, but it seems I tend to remember something convenient rather than real. If I do remember what happened, then I tend to forgot the circumstances it happened in. I guess I don't tend to find the two related.

I didn't used to think I used Ni at all, but I have started to a lot recently- maybe just from re-interpreting the questions? Or have my circumstances changed? Or paying attention to how I think other people use it?

I such at Fe completly. Towards the test that is going around I have the weakest Fe on this forum. After that comes my Fi which is clearly stronger then Fe but still under developed.

I simply suck at feelings.

I don't think that's true, AO. Your thread topics tend to have a pretty present underthread of what "should" be. That sounds like Fi to me. (It hides under the Te, but it's there!)

Frank

I usually fail in the empathy department so my fe is probably pretty weak.

Also, although I usually score fairly high on ne, I just don't get it.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Ne and Ni are my weakest. I really feel like I'm missing out here. :/

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Ti - I don't like Fe and Si and I'm clumsy with Se and I'm a natural at neither, but because of Te, I have learned to use them. Ti is just...pretty alien I think.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to a functions test I took almost a year ago (I don't have the time or patience to retake one now), Te and Fe, but I think my least-used/weakest functions are actually Ti and Fe.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am the WORST at Ni. It's awful.

á´…eparted

passages
Ne, no contest at all.

I do not understand it, I will never understand it, and if I am around people using it when decisions need to work well I will get all KINDS of bent out of shape. I can only observe that it works at the end of it, that's it. Even then I am left saying "...how?! WHY?!". I can't even slightly use Ne, and I don't bother to try. I'll use Se instead, that I can do decently. It's frequent that Ne doms will call me a stick in the mud. I mix decently well with ENFP's though. ENTP's are rare.

Fi to a lesser extent. I understand it in others on an intellectual level, but it goes completely backwards from how I operate and I could never, ever be that way. Because of my aversion to that style of thinking, Fi users can get really confused at me when I hit a moral quandry and start applying rules to things and disregard myself and personal stakes. They'll look at me like I got lobsters crawling all over my face.