failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    haahha! While I would love to be claimed by the INFJs , I think I'm best described as an eNFJ. Something just doesn't add up with me. My dad is a solid INFJ and it's pretty obvious he is what he is. His Ni seems to lead every charge. With me it's not so distinct. I'm clearly switching Ni and Fe constantly, and which one takes the reins is something of a crap shoot sometimes. I want to say that my Fe is more in charge. I think that's an accurate statement. I complicate things by being a really introverted extrovert (if that makes any sense) - meaning I'm the loudest INFJ ever, or the quietest ENFJ.

I have a male friend who's very ENFJ, and we have a great many similarities. He's well more extroverted than me, and I can tell. It could be a gender split. It could be the way we were raised. I tend to recoil in social situations until I've figured out the lay of the land.

When I'm under pressure, and I mean severe pressure, I go almost completely silent. My dad gets louder, more verbal and more exasperated.

Very interesting perspective! Again, I'm a split here. I like one-on-ones, they're not as exhausting. Being in a crowd of people all talking seems to intimidate me, at least initially.
    hmmmm. you are definitely food for my thought now fo sho. kinda like a platter of yummy sushi, full of surprises .......perhaps (just playing devil's advocate here--if you really are enfj/infj doesn't matter to me of course, just curious now) it's more complicated because you compare yourself to your father, isn't it? i mean, in your mind you might have ascribed to him the golden infj standard, and anything much different might not fit the mark. i know only one other infj female (that i know of, but suspect more) and she and i are kinda similar, kinda not......i also know an enfj woman and i am kinda sorta like her in some ways, but she's very group oriented. alwasy seeking out neighbors to help in various ways......her Fe even feels kinda nosy in that cuz she just wants to help people so much. i'm not very much like the other infjs on here either.

e's irl seem to not spend much time on the internet, preferring to be in the real world. also, your response about getting fatigued in a group is interesting. if you do like groups, maybe you tend to hang out in the same social circle a lot, so you feel comfortable and 'e' ish in that setting, as do i. finally, have you given much thought to my earlier lenore thompson reference about 'e's dissolving in a one-on-one setting? the more i think about that, the more i agree with it and understand what she's getting at. when i'm around e friends alone, it's almost like i have to carry the conversation or work hard at starting conversation.....AND, interestingly, when we make plans to get together, they will usually want to invite others along. i think that's very telling. i prefer to get together, for the most part, with one friend at a time. but when i'm around them in a group or crowd they will be very animated and talkative. hence, the 'dissolve' phenomena. however, my 'i' friends and i can get into some seriously intense conversations one-on-one.

EDIT: please ignore me if i'm being presumptious about your type. you just tickled my mind is all about your functions test, and since i'm into this stuff right now, and a semi-outgoing infj, i could be excited and overstepping my bounds.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

My Si is certifiably atrocious, my Se is pretty bad, and my Fe is only recently starting to realize it exists.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Si, Te - i am terrible with regimens and strict schedules.. i'm almost always late, and my concept of time is almost non-existent.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    hmmmm. you are definitely food for my thought now fo sho. kinda like a platter of yummy sushi, full of surprises .......perhaps (just playing devil's advocate here--if you really are enfj/infj doesn't matter to me of course, just curious now) it's more complicated because you compare yourself to your father, isn't it? i mean, in your mind you might have ascribed to him the golden infj standard, and anything much different might not fit the mark. i know only one other infj female (that i know of, but suspect more) and she and i are kinda similar, kinda not......i also know an enfj woman and i am kinda sorta like her in some ways, but she's very group oriented. alwasy seeking out neighbors to help in various ways......her Fe even feels kinda nosy in that cuz she just wants to help people so much. i'm not very much like the other infjs on here either.
    Interesting that you should mention comparison, as I've been compared to my dad for many many years, and being the typical Ni-oblivious animal that I am, I had been taking our similarities for granted and had not thought to draw any sort of comparison between us until someone pointed it out. For example, if I'm not trained to notice something, like say the trash can is full and needs to be taken out, I will walk right by it as if it weren't even there. This is the ridiculous state of my Sensing function which leaves me wide open to all manner of obliviousness.

I'm somewhat more group oriented than my father. I have a lot of friends and feel generally outgoing but with major limits (beyond my low energy levels). I don't like crowds 90% of the time. I have situational anxiety problems, like walking into rooms full of people that I may or may not know, giving a speech, looking presentable and making myself "pleasing/enjoyable" to others in a casual social environment. If not for my highly social ENFP twin, I would have spent (would STILL spend) most of my years going nowhere and staying at home.

e's irl seem to not spend much time on the internet, preferring to be in the real world. also, your response about getting fatigued in a group is interesting. if you do like groups, maybe you tend to hang out in the same social circle a lot, so you feel comfortable and 'e' ish in that setting, as do i. finally, have you given much thought to my earlier lenore thompson reference about 'e's dissolving in a one-on-one setting? the more i think about that, the more i agree with it and understand what she's getting at. when i'm around e friends alone, it's almost like i have to carry the conversation or work hard at starting conversation.....AND, interestingly, when we make plans to get together, they will usually want to invite others along. i think that's very telling.
    I'm way more comfortable in an established/semi-established circle of friends. I need certain levels of familiarity or I tend to freak out. You have to work amongst the 'e's to converse? Really? How so? I feel as if I'm the one who's always keeping the conversation moving too. Awkward silences are the worst.

I don't usually bring someone else with me if I'm going to an arranged meeting. I'm open to the idea, but it would have to be okay first, because I don;t like plans changed on me abruptly myself.

i prefer to get together, for the most part, with one friend at a time. but when i'm around them in a group or crowd they will be very animated and talkative. hence, the 'dissolve' phenomena. however, my 'i' friends and i can get into some seriously intense conversations one-on-one.
    I would really like to understand the "dissolve" idea. Is there anyway you can explain it further? Sorry I'm so dense. It sounds compelling.

EDIT: please ignore me if i'm being presumptious about your type. you just tickled my mind is all about your functions test, and since i'm into this stuff right now, and a semi-outgoing infj, i could be excited and overstepping my bounds.
    Not at all!

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    My Si is certifiably atrocious, my Se is pretty bad, and my Fe is only recently starting to realize it exists.
    *applies shock paddles to Fe*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Pink really resonates as Feeling dominant over Perceiving dominant, at least in her postings. At least to me she does.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Well, I test lowest Si, then Se, and then Te & Fe are tied for third.

I am supposed to be Fi, Ne, Si, Te, but I score Fi, Ne, Ti, Ni. I use my tertiary Si pretty well looking at real life though; probably better than I use Fe. I also use Te to communicate with people since Ne is a foreign language to some, but it's not very effective since it's my 4th function. It comes off as cold & blunt. I need to delegate it to the realm of organizing my finances and forget it for communication. My Fe dropped out of school by junior high and has trouble getting a job in the real world....my poor little Fe is such a loser.

I score well on Ti, but not as high as Fi. Ne is second place, and then Ni. I think the test simply doesn't distinguish between Ni & Ne that well, and why I score high on Ti, I don't know....it's just a test after all.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Interesting that you should mention comparison, as I've been compared to my dad for many many years, and being the typical Ni-oblivious animal that I am, I had been taking our similarities for granted and had not thought to draw any sort of comparison between us until someone pointed it out. For example, if I'm not trained to notice something, like say the trash can is full and needs to be taken out, I will walk right by it as if it weren't even there. This is the ridiculous state of my Sensing function which leaves me wide open to all manner of obliviousness.

I'm somewhat more group oriented than my father. I have a lot of friends and feel generally outgoing but with major limits (beyond my low energy levels). I don't like crowds 90% of the time. I have situational anxiety problems, like walking into rooms full of people that I may or may not know, giving a speech, looking presentable and making myself "pleasing/enjoyable" to others in a casual social environment. If not for my highly social ENFP twin, I would have spent (would STILL spend) most of my years going nowhere and staying at home.

I'm way more comfortable in an established/semi-established circle of friends. I need certain levels of familiarity or I tend to freak out. You have to work amongst the 'e's to converse? Really? How so? I feel as if I'm the one who's always keeping the conversation moving too. Awkward silences are the worst.

I don't usually bring someone else with me if I'm going to an arranged meeting. I'm open to the idea, but it would have to be okay first, because I don;t like plans changed on me abruptly myself.

I would really like to understand the "dissolve" idea. Is there anyway you can explain it further? Sorry I'm so dense. It sounds compelling.

Not at all!

*applies shock paddles to Fe*
    everything you described sounds like how i feel too. here is the link to lenore thompson's exegesis wiki regarding introversion vs extroversion: Cocooning-vs.-Conforming Exegesis
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Is there a more accurate test?
    Unfortunately, I haven't come across one.

I, too, would want to say that both my sensing functions are my weakest; certainly the addition of both sensing functions is weaker than the addition of any other of the four. But it seems to me very unlikely that Si and Se would be 7th and 8th (even though I always score 7th and 8th on that test). My Fi and Te are probably much less used than my Se.

My results:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *********** (11)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.8)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************** ** (52.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.2)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) **************** (16.8)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.4)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.2)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************ (48.5)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My scores always look something like this:
    Se (15.9)
    Si (16.9)
    Ne (33.3)
    Ni (48.6)
    Te (19.1)
    Ti (45.3)
    Fe (39.4)

Fi (21.9)

The order is good for the first three, but I think my actual order of usage is more like: Ni, Ti, Fe, Se, Ne, Fi, Te, Si

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: