User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Te and Se are my worst functions. I have to actively shove things into those realms or I just don't go that way... and it drains me to do it.

Issues
    Se
    I sometimes miss raw detail since I'm usually scanning for particular details.
    I have trouble staying in the moment.
    I have trouble just "going with instinct."

Te
    I have trouble developing concrete plans (I tend to be strategic, not implementational).
    I have trouble staying conventionally organized and on task.
    I waste time looking for elegant solutions when it would be better to just "crunch through" the issue and get it done.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Weakest: Si Te and Fe
    Strongest: Ne Fi Ni
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    So I see you finally went with ENTP.
    Does seem to make sense, and fit the function strengths better (they probably never line up in the exact order).

I've been paying more attention to Lenore Thomson's theory, and she has the other four functions as right or left brain alternatives, so that would help explain why Ni, Fi and Te would come up stronger than expected for you, and Si would be the weakest.
    Yeah, I'm always up for a better fit I just determined that it's more likely that my functions developed.. well, as I said in the description you quoted, with Ne and Ti coming more naturally.

I'm going to have to read up on Lenore. If she's got a better way of identifying the cognitive functions, then I may have been too quick to dismiss them.

So ENTP does seem to fit better than the other stuff you've tried, and you do remind me of some of some of the other ENTP's here (I think of Eck with his teddy bear avatars!).

But just curious; why did you change your 4Marks from Sanguine-Choleric to Choleric-Sanguine? (Which is a different blending in that system).
    I tend to read many descriptions and choose the one that fits best. In reevaluating my type, I reevaluated my standing on 4Marks to one that probably suits me better. It, like any other descriptor, is subject to change.

I still believe that the most accurate title that has ever fit me is "Benevolent Inventor."

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I don't know how you guys can live without an Si. I'm pretty observant. If I met you 6 months ago, I could tell you if you've changed the part in your hair since then, as well as how much more/less makeup you're wearing compared to then. Then there's those subtle thing such as if you're wearing darker colors than usual. If something changes, I notice it.
    Easily. I just somehow make due without needing to know whether someone has changed the way they part their hair in the span of six months. It's kind of hard, but it's manageable.

Nah, I kid. Si could come very much in handy, as much as its overuse tends to clash with my very existence.

Cam Jansen always pissed me off, though.

(Fun fact: while writing the above I couldn't remember which test "Benevolent Inventor" came from, and I mistook Cam Jansen for Encyclopedia Brown This is where some Si would come in handy.)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I tend to read many descriptions and choose the one that fits best. In reevaluating my type, I reevaluated my standing on 4Marks to one that probably suits me better. It, like any other descriptor, is subject to change.

I still believe that the most accurate title that has ever fit me is "Benevolent Inventor."
    *10 bucks he reevaluates again next week to, maybe ENTJ this time *

*high 5*

I such at Fe completly. Towards the test that is going around I have the weakest Fe on this forum. After that comes my Fi which is clearly stronger then Fe but still under developed.

I simply suck at feelings.

Se and Si are not too well develped but enough for my lifestyle.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post

*high 5*
    Been there, done that. I'm planning on ISFP next.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post

*high 5*
    my bet is infp

they don't like committing to type (as the stereotype goes)

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so

I am still missing something innovative like: "I suck at f.a.r.t.i.n.g."

(The) Ferocious Art (of) Realistic Typing IN General

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I'm pretty observant, too, but six months ago is a long time ago! I'm more focused on my natural environment, though... the colors of the trees, the one point perspective when I'm looking down the street...
    I'm also focused on you... how the color that you're wearing brings out the color in your eyes, the look on your face and how happy or sad you feel to me...
    It is much easier for me to use Se and Fi than that defective Si of mine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I don't know how you guys can live without an Si. I'm pretty observant. If I met you 6 months ago, I could tell you if you've changed the part in your hair since then, as well as how much more/less makeup you're wearing compared to then. Then there's those subtle thing such as if you're wearing darker colors than usual. If something changes, I notice it.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Yeah, I'm always up for a better fit I just determined that it's more likely that my functions developed.. well, as I said in the description you quoted, with Ne and Ti coming more naturally.

I'm going to have to read up on Lenore. If she's got a better way of identifying the cognitive functions, then I may have been too quick to dismiss them.

I assumed you had taken their test, and got the first result.
    I would think that between the two of them, one would be ENTP, and the other, ESTP. But it's hard to tell from their descriptions which is which (plus, they omit 4 of the 16 blends). In any case, it is a closer match with ENTP than the other types you tried.
    That also would suggest ENTP. I believe the type is called "The Inventor" in one of the systems, and it would also go along with Keirsey's name for it, "The Engineer".
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas