User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your weakest functions?

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

si and se
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP

Se- Is this what sportscasters use? "Chelios to Kosten, Kosten on the red line, passes to McKinnis, McKinnis behind the net..." It's just so fast, I can't track it, and end up only getting the "feeling" of the game. In "Lectures on Typology", Von Franz says something about Ne requiring the user to be constantly kind of spaced out so they can pick up on unconscious perceptions. I have had lucid moments where I felt I might've experienced fluent Se -- suddenly a tree comes into focus and feels very real to me. But generally I do feel like I'm picking up on imagery or just, weird random shit. Like Shaquille O'Neal just pops up out of nowhere. I think Ne has something to do with archetypes? If I've picked up those, I didn't/don't know it.

My parents are ISTP and ISFP, so I think some clashes with them might illustrate Se vs. Si. They're messy, for one thing. I like to stabilize my environment, like having the pots and pans in the kitchen in the same place. Whereas they really seem to not mind just running with however it is. I understand Si as navigating an internal image whereas Se interacts directly with the environment.

Is all this really what the functions are about? I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Other than that:
    Ni- The function I most don't "get".
    Fi- I "get" Fi, but don't use it.

That chalkboard guy Array Matthew_Z's Avatar
    MBTI
    xxxx

My Ni is extremely negligible. (comes with being an ISTJ, I guess) My Fe is only slightly better. My Si, Ti, Te, and Fi are pretty well developed. Everything else is pretty moderate.

I don't know how you guys can live without an Si. I'm pretty observant. If I met you 6 months ago, I could tell you if you've changed the part in your hair since then, as well as how much more/less makeup you're wearing compared to then. Then there's those subtle thing such as if you're wearing darker colors than usual. If something changes, I notice it.

I've been working on my Ne. N just doesn't come naturally to us SJs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Weakest: Ni, Se, Fe

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Ripped from my sig, my function order is as follows:

Ne > Ti ? Fi > Te ? Ni ? Se > Fe ? Si

The first tier is basically Ne, Ti, Fi, Ni, and Te.. I've got a pretty good grasp of all of those. Second tier is Se and Fe. Third tier, sitting by its lonesome, is Si.

I think I developed Ni out of stress, and Te and Fi out of sheer necessity. It makes me better at planning and knowing my own internals than I "should" be. Psychology and empathy is a secret weapon that my customers do not know about, and they are absolutely wonderful tools in everyday life. And I can organize my random thoughts and spontaneous outbursts of ideas. It's pretty cool.

Se? Yeah, I could use more of that. Life passes me by more than it should, when it is meant to be enjoyed. I find it difficult to remember to "savor the flavor."

Fe? Kind of oppressive when used badly, but I can tolerate it. It's useful. It's good to take care of other people. I feel good when I do it, too. Just, please, don't feel hurt that it's not my dominant function, too, and we'll get along great.

But that Si.. it's my worst enemy. "It's always been done that way" is the bane of my existence. If you want to make a point to me, do not use that phrase, or I will press you for a better reason.

An example. In my ISFJ mother, Si manifests itself as pining for the past, and longing for what once was, while doing absolutely nothing to change her situation. She refuses to "get with the times" or to try anything new. Any inevitable transitions in her children's lives are met with unadulterated hostility and discomfort.

In certain institutions, it is the reason bureaucracy and idiocy continues to thrive. It was once that way, and so shall it remain, as outdated and stupid as it now is.

And, somehow, it's one of the most globally valued functions.

Attention to detail is great, and something that I greatly value and appreciate in other people. Holding onto past institutions simply because they exist is something that I abhor.

I'm sure I'll see more value in it as I mature. But, as of now, I don't. Even the descriptions of its so-called advantages make me cringe.
    So I see you finally went with ENTP.
    Does seem to make sense, and fit the function strengths better (they probably never line up in the exact order).

I've been paying more attention to Lenore Thomson's theory, and she has the other four functions as right or left brain alternatives, so that would help explain why Ni, Fi and Te would come up stronger than expected for you, and Si would be the weakest.

So ENTP does seem to fit better than the other stuff you've tried, and you do remind me of some of some of the other ENTP's here (I think of Eck with his teddy bear avatars!).

But just curious; why did you change your 4Marks from Sanguine-Choleric to Choleric-Sanguine? (Which is a different blending in that system).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

Te and Si are weakest, with Te almost non-existant. I can use it if I need to, and I do...but it drains me and I find it highly unpleasant, except for the odd burst I suddenly get. Si is something I use mostly when I'm stressed and can't judge whether my ideas are any good..then I'll use old and proven ideas. Also, in my nostalgic moods. I kinda enjoy it then, as long as no one is around. But usually, I'm too stuck in my own head thinking up new opportunities to dwell on old ones.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

Senior Member Array

Te and Si. Maybe I was just a bit biased when taking the test.

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Te is the weakest here and my Fe is almost non-existent as well.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Introverted Feeling
    Hide their personal sentiments whenever possible to avoid public examination of their feelings. They also find it hard to articulate how they feel. ENTP's tend to be very unaware of and hesitant towards assessing the implicit 'distance' between themselves and another person. Such things are generally swept under the rug. This can result in a mistrust of others and a general wariness regarding others' opinions of them, potentially causing irrational behaviors based on misconceptions in this area. They appreciate people who can reassure them of the status of a relationship without putting too much pressure on them to express their inner feelings.

Fi tends to expose itself unexpectedly. Emotional responses to trauma will often manifest themselves several years later, triggered by things that seem to have little to do with the event responsible for the reaction e.g. abandonment issues surface after visiting a nursing home.
    I have no clue what this means, but it sounds funny
    Lost Frequencies - All or Nothing

"People do not like you to be different. If ever in your life you act differently from others, you will find it so, mademoiselle."
    ~Saint's Progress by John Galsworthy

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    They appreciate people who can reassure them of the status of a relationship without putting too much pressure on them to express their inner feelings.

I have no clue what this means, but it sounds funny
    awww, entropie, thanks for sharing. well i barely know you on here, but i feel like we have a connection.

i can imagine that entp distance thing is some sort of result of Ne churning everything up and the entp losing spatial perspective in that cacophony of incoming data.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I don't know how you guys can live without an Si. I'm pretty observant. If I met you 6 months ago, I could tell you if you've changed the part in your hair since then, as well as how much more/less makeup you're wearing compared to then. Then there's those subtle thing such as if you're wearing darker colors than usual. If something changes, I notice it.

I've been working on my Ne. N just doesn't come naturally to us SJs.
    i guess i don't really miss not noticing changes cuz without an Se i'm not gonna notice it the first time or second time anyway! i am strong in Si when it comes to knowing my body, but other than that, i'm not too strong in it, and even then i can get hurt and not really feel it too much. i always wondered why, when a child, i would never notice myself getting hurt and getting bruised, or wonder later where a cut came from. now i know it's my nearly-inferior Si.

i miss an Se more i think cuz lack of it can cause me to trip, forget about paying bills, and not dress warmly enough for the occasion. haha. that kind of concrete stuff.

edit: i guess not remembering to dress warmly enough is more an Si trait?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast