User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: What are your weakest functions?

Senior Member Array The Outsider's Avatar
    5w4 sx

According to the threads that have been going around here lately, my weakest is Ti, followed bye Fe.

According to that test that has been pointed out in this thread, however...

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.7)
    introverted Sensing (Si) ***************** (17.4)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************** ** (52.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.7)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.4)
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.9)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.7)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** *** (53.3)
    excellent use

... Te seems to be the weakest, followed by Se.

I don't know what to make of all of this.

Se. I am ridiculously unobservant. It has recently developed slightly for me, though. About a month ago, driving a car started to feel like the car was an extension of my body. Tres cool. (note to the wise: Ti really really sucks for driving, Se is much better)

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    It's hard to discern between actual use of Fe and imitating learned Fe skills. Actual use of Fe is very low when I observe my own behavior. It takes too much effort, that's what I mean.
    I don't have a good handle on how I well I do Fe. It's often something I have to do conciously, it's not particularly natural for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Without a question, and my primary reason for joining the forum, was due to an interest in learning more about:

I suck at it, and, it has hindered many personal relationships (in the intimate domain).

I am still trying to find a 'method' for exercising this function. I want to feel attached to things, people, give value and priority to MY point of view....but, as strange as it may sound, most of the times, my point of view is taken in by me as ONE of the many points of view that can exist. As soon as I take a personal stance on something, *something I believe in* (I actually don't have many concrete immovable beliefs), I am just as soon thinking of all the different ways that same thing can be viewed, and rationalizing them. And, amidst all that mess, I know *my* one lies...but, it's never a forefront.
    I've been through something similar. In hindsight, I was using Ti to work out Fi values. But in the past few weeks, I've realised that Ti sucks for this. Better for me to switch off Ti and tune into how something makes me feel. Calmness = right thing to do. much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Te and Si, probably. I have a concept of the most efficient way to do something is, and then someone else pwns me with the more efficient way to do something. But it simply isn't elegant! Plus my plans don't usually involve an initial scenario that resembles reality in any way. So it's not like they would work so much as they would look cool /the applications would be far-reaching if they worked. I think I get blinded by this idealism a lot.

Si. I'm not entirely sure what this function's supposed to do, so maybe that's why I don't think I use it much. I notice the details that change usually (I think, but how do you know if you're not noticing?) I'm like good traditions, but am a little mischievious- and lazy- there is only one way to do things the traditional way, there are infinite ways to fuck it up! I blame chaos theory. My friends have no qualms about pointing out when I have misremembered an event- I remember my reaction and the emotional pattern (aka the circumstances) merging from such events, but it seems I tend to remember something convenient rather than real. If I do remember what happened, then I tend to forgot the circumstances it happened in. I guess I don't tend to find the two related.

I didn't used to think I used Ni at all, but I have started to a lot recently- maybe just from re-interpreting the questions? Or have my circumstances changed? Or paying attention to how I think other people use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I such at Fe completly. Towards the test that is going around I have the weakest Fe on this forum. After that comes my Fi which is clearly stronger then Fe but still under developed.

I simply suck at feelings.
    I don't think that's true, AO. Your thread topics tend to have a pretty present underthread of what "should" be. That sounds like Fi to me. (It hides under the Te, but it's there!)

Senior Member Array

I usually fail in the empathy department so my fe is probably pretty weak.

Also, although I usually score fairly high on ne, I just don't get it.

Ne and Ni are my weakest. I really feel like I'm missing out here. :/

Ti - I don't like Fe and Si and I'm clumsy with Se and I'm a natural at neither, but because of Te, I have learned to use them. Ti is just...pretty alien I think.

937 sp/sx

According to a functions test I took almost a year ago (I don't have the time or patience to retake one now), Te and Fe, but I think my least-used/weakest functions are actually Ti and Fe.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse

173 so/sx

I am the WORST at Ni. It's awful.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Hard liked this post

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

Se and Fe
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

1w2 sp/so
    SLE Se

Ne, no contest at all.

I do not understand it, I will never understand it, and if I am around people using it when decisions need to work well I will get all KINDS of bent out of shape. I can only observe that it works at the end of it, that's it. Even then I am left saying "! WHY?!". I can't even slightly use Ne, and I don't bother to try. I'll use Se instead, that I can do decently. It's frequent that Ne doms will call me a stick in the mud. I mix decently well with ENFP's though. ENTP's are rare.

Fi to a lesser extent. I understand it in others on an intellectual level, but it goes completely backwards from how I operate and I could never, ever be that way. Because of my aversion to that style of thinking, Fi users can get really confused at me when I hit a moral quandry and start applying rules to things and disregard myself and personal stakes. They'll look at me like I got lobsters crawling all over my face.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari