User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    - It's a balance between feeling free to joke around and/or address potential conflict areas, versus feeling safe and as if one is appreciated for themselves.
    This is a good point. We've had some discussions in our church (I promise not to Jesus up the thread) about the difference between being safe and being comfortable. Understanding the difference is the first step in cultivating a challenging, yet respectful, environment.

Everyone does have to give and take. Sometimes we'll offend each other by accident. It's just time to take a deep breath, remind ourselves while we are here, and then choose to continue to discuss. All of us can get touchy sometimes. That's just typical for a family or organization. The goal is to remember that everyone is on the same side (or that's the goal we need to focus on), then listen to other perspectives and try to accommodate others as best as we can, with the goal being what the best environment for the group is.
    But sometimes people offend each other on purpose, and I don't know that everyone here considers themselves to be on the same "side" as everyone else.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    But sometimes people offend each other on purpose, and I don't know that everyone here considers themselves to be on the same "side" as everyone else.
    I know. Sorry. Idealism was leaking out. (It won't happen again!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I know. Sorry. Idealism was leaking out. (It won't happen again!)
    It better not, NT!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It better not, NT!
    It's not my fault!

I've been forced to hang around with all of these NFs for too long! It's like low-level Idealist Radiation.

Yes. That's it. I've got Cancer of my Realism, and everything's starting to look all fluffy and sparkly.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's not my fault!

I've been forced to hang around with all of these NFs for too long! It's like low-level Idealist Radiation.

Yes. That's it. I've got Cancer of my Realism, and everything's starting to look all fluffy and sparkly.
    Trust me, that's not nearly as bad as what hanging around all these NT's is doing to me. I'm getting critical, argumentative, sarcastic, nerdy, and even making ridiculous puns. Well, fine, maybe I did some of that to start with, but they didn't help.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer

The NFs love you Jen Forget all that "realism stuff"! Come back to sparkle fluffy land!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Trust me, that's not nearly as bad as what hanging around all these NT's is doing to me. I'm getting critical, argumentative, sarcastic, nerdy, and even making ridiculous puns...
    *confused* But... there's nothing wrong with that...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    The NFs love you Jen Forget all that "realism stuff"! Come back to sparkle fluffy land!
    "Charlie! Come, on Charlie! Come with us to Candy Mountain!!!"

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

That has to be one of the greatest things for NF/NT's together I have ever seen!! That's a keeper !
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

*confused* But... there's nothing wrong with that...?
    Exactly, and from my perspective, there's nothing wrong with idealism and emotional sensitivity either. So we both agree that our respective forms of reality are potentially reasonable approaches to things, with their own strengths and weaknesses?

Okay, I know you were kidding. (But what does this have to do with goats?)

Of course, we're likely to cross into each other's reality a bit. I'm a 4w5 and you're a 5w4, after all.