• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi and its affect on others

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was mentioned in another thread that i cannot site that introverted feeling,
as we know it
has a subconscious or even psychic affect on others
Simply being around an Fi dominant/aux changes those around "it"

whether or not the claim is valid, what is an Fi native's affect on others?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Moved to MBTI, Enneagram, and other personality matrices.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm, interesting claim. I can't say whether I have a similar affect on others or not. People do ocassionaly make somewhat cryptic comments about my personality which suggest I do give out an unsual vibe - I'm not sure if its the thing you are talking about.

I guess if someone is open to it they might feel an affect from my ability to empathize and comprehend complex human emotions. This might make them feel more relaxed, safe and understood around me. I think this is rare though - most people dismiss me out of hand. Most people have to get to know me well and by that time the feat probably seems less impressive.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm, interesting claim. I can't say whether I have a similar affect on others or not. People do ocassionaly make somewhat cryptic comments about my personality which suggest I do give out an unsual vibe - I'm not sure if its the thing you are talking about.

I guess if someone is open to it they might feel an affect from my ability to empathize and comprehend complex human emotions. This might make them feel more relaxed, safe and understood around me. I think this is rare though - most people dismiss me out of hand. Most people have to get to know me well and by that time the feat probably seems less impressive.

I can relate to this comment, quite a bit.
My mood has a funny effect on other's moods. Its like contagious. Not in a good way- in an annoying way. For me and everyone around me. Its like I feel like maybe I should apologize ahead of time to a room full of people if i'm feeling a little down. Totally sucks. Everyone feels what I feel. It makes me feel bad about myself if I feel a little down and then everyone around me is kind of sulking and glancing over at me.

On more than one occasion, (many occasions) people say that I have the ability to set the mood for a day at work. And trust me my outward demeanor is always the same. Content, happy- sometimes more withdrawn than others. I always thought it was just females being overly sensitive. It makes me feel like my mood is like the most important thing to everyones day. Like it has this glorified importance that no one can describe. Luckily i'm mostly in a happy mood. A little annoying to be kind of sad and tired and then everyone in the room suddenly wants to go home.

I wonder if this is the power that the Fi is having over people?
Well, now i'm going to like to think so. I can't even fake happy without the entire world accidentally mimicking my true feelings. I'm not Fi dominant but use it heavily.

I've also been told from people that they feel like I can "see right through them" , "good judge of character", etc. That could cause an effect as well.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed on the Fi vibe, that's why I prefer to be alone when I'm blue. Otherwise you get the feeling blue and the guilt of making others feeling blue.

Also, I think a lot of people don't get Fi and are therefore suspicious or easily annoyed at it because it appears to be random to them. I can see why though, I have the same with Ni on occasion.

Others, however, seem to be drawn to it. They seem to seek out Fi when they're feeling insecure, rebellious, disgruntled, and find it oddly relaxing. One of the comments I get on occasion is that they love the lack of judgement, and they can just be themselves.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yea, dogs and children seem to be fond of it too.
It gives a sweet, kind and gentle vibe