MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Let me start by saying that I really love this new classification system

So what is your flavor?

I would be Indipendent, Local, Hard, and somewhat Counter-Cultural (even though, on the last, I'm more like "I couldn't care less", but that can be counted as cc). I think Counter-Cultural and Hard have a strange way of going toghether. I think I will be "soft" when I'll be financially comfortable.

In the past, in what life themes were you involved?

I think they have been rather stable for my whole life.

What are your current life themes?

Definitely Entrepreneurial and Physical, at least so far (I'm 22).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

What's your flavor? Hmmm.

[YOUTUBE="hAIRvKib7hQ"]What's Your Flava?[/YOUTUBE]

Participative, Global, Soft, Counter-cultural! Creative and academic themes, most definitely.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Thanks for posting this!

Participative/independent- I'm split here. I think I'd prefer to be participative but I often find myself needing to be independent and I can manage pretty well in that mode if need be.

Local- I occasionally factor in global issues but I feel that the my relationships and my local environment have a big impact on me and I have a big impact on them. I feel a little helpless when I want to make a difference in the global world but I've been satisfied and impressed with my impact on a local level. I believe in the ripple effect (making a difference locally and letting it ripple out to wider levels naturally) and that's kind of the way I work.
    Soft- slightly
    Counterculture- slightly

Life themes
    Creative
    Growth.
    ~INFJ~
    -4w3 so/sx or sx/so

"Ideals are like the stars: we never reach them, but like the mariners of the sea, we chart our course by them."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Participative (60%+)
    Local (51%)
    Soft (80%+)
    Counterculture (80%+)

Creative
    Community
    Political
    Growth
    Academic

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Independent, global, soft, counter-cultural

Creative, political, growth

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    We talk a lot about the Myers-Briggs system and temperaments. We talk about functions and dynamics. We even sometimes mention interaction styles... very rarely.

But there are other personality categorizations that are discussed often in the Myers-Briggs related literature that are almost never mentioned on this forum...flavors and life themes.

Flavors

There are 4 dichotomies in terms of personality flavors:
    • Style:Participative vs. Independent
    • Perspective:Local vs. Global
    • Demeanor:Soft vs. Hard
    • Attitude:Mainstream vs. Counter-Cultural

Life Themes
    • Makes people seem more SP
      • Physical
      • Creative

• Makes people seem more SJ
      • Establishment
      • Community

• Makes people seem more NT
      • Academic
      • Entrepreneurial

• Makes people seem more NF
      • Political
      • Growth

FLAVORS

• Style
      Introversion and extroversion determine where people get more energy, and to some extent whether they initiate or respond in interactions, it doesn't really say whether or not they find their way in the world on their own or by participating with others.

Completely independent people look only to themselves for guidance. It is possible to have an independent extrovert.

Completely participative people look at their path in life only in relation to how they fit in with others. It is possible to have a participative introvert.
    • Perspective
      Sensing vs. iNtuitive is about being concrete vs. abstract, but there is another distinction about the way people process the world.

People with completely Local perspectives will spend most of their time on their immediate surroundings and relationships; they don't care at all about the global events and trends, and believe they can't really affect these things. It is possible to have an intuitive with a local perspective.

People with completely Global perspectives will spend most of their time thinking about the world and society and setting "big" goals, and "thinking big." They often ignore local relationships and surroundings in pursuit of their goals. It is possible to have a sensor with a global perspective.
    • Demeanor
      Judging vs. Perceiving tells us about whether people approach their external world with a judging or perceiving function. This often translates to who has a more scheduled or probing approach to the world, and perhaps even who is more organized and timely.

However, there is another dimension that determines how people approach their daily lives.

People with completely Hard demeanors are very "success"-oriented. They are the types who want to climb the corporate ladder, get good grades, get the "brass ring," put some "feathers in their caps," "live large," become rich or famous, etc. They are the type A personalities. It is possible for someone to have a perceiving approach and a hard demeanor.

People with completely Soft demeanors are very focused on self-growth, self-awareness and personal satisfaction, and taking it easy. They are the type B personalities. A judging (scheduled) person can have a soft edge also...imagine someone who gets up early each day, meditates, exercises a bit, eats a leisurely breakfast, goes to work, does only what is expected of them, and finally at home catches his/her shows, has dinner at a fixed time, and is in bed early at a consistent time.
    • Attitude
      I think this one is fairly self-explanatory.

Mainstream people follow the general cultural trends in terms of dress, and other matters of taste and activity.

Counter-Cultural people like break with the trends and styles, and have a more differentiated style.

It is possible to have counter-cultural SJs, and mainstream SPs for instance. I am sure we can think of examples of both.

So what is your flavor?

I believe I am actually participative, global, soft, and mainstream. Though I am very close on the first and last preferences.

LIFE THEMES
    • Physical
      Involvement in sports, outdoor and nature activities, travel, and manual labor.
      These activities makes one seem more SP.
    • Creative
      Involvement in arts, crafts, fashion, music, drama, and other aesthetical activities.
      These activities makes one seem more SP.
    • Establishment
      Involvement in the corporate world, big business, government agencies and institutions, industry, large law firms, law enforcement, or the military.
      These activities makes one seem more SJ.
    • Community
      Involvement in charity, volunteerism, neighborhood watch, home owners association, PTA, local government, or family activities.
      These activities makes one seem more SJ.
    • Academic
      Involvement in teaching, training, scholarship, research, and anything else that emphasizes the life of the mind.
      These activities makes one seem more NT.
    • Entrepreneurial
      Selling skills, innovations, products, and projects. Involvement in making a business. Being a “Jack of all trades.”
      These activities makes one seem more NT.
    • Political
      Public life, politics, working for a cause, furthering a religion, and anything that works off of an ideology.
      These activities makes one seem more NF.
    • Growth
      Counseling, health professions, psychology, human resources, life coaching, and any one-on-one personal growth or human issues related activities.
      These activities makes one seem more NF.

In the past, in what life themes were you involved?

What are your current life themes?

What life themes are you considering starting or ending in the future?
    INFJ 6w5

Participative
    Global
    Soft
    Mainstream

Academic
    Community
    Growth
    Political
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

this is interesting... it's harder for me to differentiate between the categories as easily as MBTI... but,

Independent 65%
    Global 78%
    Soft 51%
    Counter-Culture 90%

Creative, Academic, Entrepreneurial, (semi) Political