User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Wink any opinions on these books for studying mbti?

Amazon.com: Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to the Personality Type Code: Linda V. Berens, Dario Nardi: Books

Amazon.com: Understanding Yourself and Others/ intro to the four temperaments.

Amazon.com: Understanding Yourself and Others® An Introduction to Interaction Styles 2.0: Linda V. Berens: Books

Amazon.com: The 16 Personality Types, Descriptions for Self-Discovery: Linda V. Berens, Dario Nardi: Books

Amazon.com: Functions of Type: Activities for Developing the Eight Jungian Functions: Gary Hartzler, Margaret Hartzler: Books

I ordered these *should be getting them in a couple days*
    and would love to hear from people who got these books or borrow etc. But either way read them and such.
    Can you tell me how helpful they were for you guys in determining your type?
    * I'm excited but also impatient so i need something to distract me from my eagerness for them to get here xDD so here i am bothering you sweet people .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Those are very good. Very helpful, breaking it all down. (Though I never got The 16 Personality Types, Descriptions for Self-Discovery. That might be the one with the "Conversations" type descriptions, which are online). "Understanding Jung's Cognitive Processes" was a very good part of the series also.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Berens and Nardi are decent in terms of giving theory overview written on a layperson's level. Their works tend to be short and geared towards typing people.

I don't know if I've read the Hartzler title.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

thank you eric and Jennifer

that's great to hear I was hearing claims that it's practical and can be applied/ understood easy which i think is more my style . Thank you eric b....definitely need a breaking it all down kind of book or books .

layperson's like beginner? if so...that's perfect.
    Thanks Jennifer

*is waiting patiently...........trying to at least ...patience is a virtue.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    thank you eric and Jennifer

that's great to hear I was hearing claims that it's practical and can be applied/ understood easy which i think is more my style . Thank you eric b....definitely need a breaking it all down kind of book or books .

layperson's like beginner? if so...that's perfect.
    Thanks Jennifer

*is waiting patiently...........trying to at least ...patience is a virtue.
    i just got the hartzler book this past weekend. i posted a bit about it here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post688819

and a few posts beyond that, sorta.

i found it to be, like most of the other mbti books/websites i've seen, too primitive and simplistic for my tastes, but a step in the right direction. i guess this stuff is just too new to have much good literature out there, at least in the lay public.

i'll be interested to see if you find your cognitive functions line out like beebe proposes for your personality type. only my first two did. i've heard other people on here mention that most of the functions order that beebe proposes don't fit them either............
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Beebe's functions most likely won't line up in that order. They don't seem to for anyone. So I say those are more about the roles than the strengths.
    I've begun appreciating Lenore Thomson and even Socionics better as they offer another perspective, where the two bottom functions may show up a lot as "alternatives" to the preferred two.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

If you haven't already, I would recommend Carl Jung's Psychological Types. It's good to refer to the work that gave way to all others following it.
    "For a man who wants to make a profession of good in all regards must come to ruin among so many who are not good. Hence it is necessary to a prince, if he wants to maintain himself, to learn to be able not to be good, and to use this and not use it according to necessity."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

oh sorry i didn't forget this discussion hehe

thank you aphrodite-gone-awry for the link very informative i like .

hmm....i've been wondering about lenore thomson seems like the wiki is really informative.

thank you BallentineChen I'll keep that in mind when i get the basics down with these books . I would presume amazon would have it right?
    very good point go to the source where it began
    What is Feeling?

MBTI
    INFJ

I read popular type books for years and always got the wrong type (many, many, of them) --always an "S" because, of course, I consider myself a very, very sensible, practical person with my feet firmly on the ground. A couple of years ago I got Keirsey's Please Understand Me. After I read his detailed descriptions, I finally got the right type because it explained all the supposed "flaws" in my personality that I'd been trying to ignore or improve for years -- and he makes them sound like assets -- how could I resist? You may want to take a look at Keirsey at some point -- he's wonderful. Version 1 is adequate for most people interested in typing. Version 2 is much more in depth about his theory about type.

MBTI
    INFP

I have the first four. What I like about them is how they attack the subject from a lot of different angles, so if you are questioning on one angle, maybe coming at it from another perspective can resolve the question.

Amazon.com: Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to the Personality Type Code: Linda V. Berens, Dario Nardi: Books

I can't find it, I think it's blue. Somewhere in my house.

Amazon.com: Understanding Yourself and Others/ intro to the four temperaments.

There is an update to this, I think a 2.0 or even a 3.0. Basically, this is Keirsey's temperament theory as imagined by Linda Berens. There is a lot of information packed into the book, especially toward the end.

Amazon.com: Understanding Yourself and Others® An Introduction to Interaction Styles 2.0: Linda V. Berens: Books

This is what it says, an introduction to interaction styles. My favorite part may be the Communication Stages Map, which breaks down how the different types prefer to communicate, from the greeting to leave taking.

Amazon.com: The 16 Personality Types, Descriptions for Self-Discovery: Linda V. Berens, Dario Nardi: Books

I think these are descriptions as written by confirmed members of the actual types. Highly useful.