User Tag List

123 Last

Default Type xxxx - Does It Exist?

I've been wondering about this for a while now and had dismissed it as impossible until I saw targo's signature...

So, here's my question: Is it possible to be 50/50 split between ISTJ/ENFP (or equally split on all the scales)? Does such a type/person exist? Has anyone ever met one?
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I've met people who are hard to type, but even with them you can usually nail down a letter or two. In fact I can easily type myself as xNxP, but ENTP is the closest description.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

XXXX? Is that a new movie rating? Wow! That movies with that rating must be really explicit!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    XXXX? Is that a new movie rating? Wow! That movies with that rating must be really explicit!!!!!
    *rolls eyes*
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ransomed, like Laser says, you can usually figure out at least one or two letters for the majority of people. Usually people get stuck on either T/F or S/N, although any of the function pairs can be ambiguous.

One notable thing that happens when people age is that they become more well-rounded. I find it easier to type teenagers and young adults, but older people are starting to show signs of multiple functions and they can change what they use depending on the appropriateness of the situation rather than constantly relying on their primary or secondary to get them through.

This makes them harder to type... but that is actually a positive thing.

In our type arguments, there seems to be a LOT of debate about larger-than-life historical figures. At the positive end, you have someone like Jesus who used all of his functions seemingly well. At the negative end, you have (sigh) Hitler... I hate bringing him into it, but people argue incessantly about his type as well, leaving one to want to throw her hands up in the air and go do something fun (like eating Ben N' Jerry's? hmmmm....)

And then you have people like Uber, who deserve a category all to themselves, but anyhoo....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISXJ

I picture God/Jesus as having the perfect combination of all types (as in evenly split between them all). But for humans, I think if you had all 8 options evenly distributed I would think you'd be a terribly conflicted and indecisive person.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    I've been wondering about this for a while now and had dismissed it as impossible until I saw targo's signature...

So, here's my question: Is it possible to be 50/50 split between ISTJ/ENFP (or equally split on all the scales)? Does such a type/person exist? Has anyone ever met one?
    Not difficult at all. Little variance at the test answers every time you take it, with parameters close to middle, sure. I once had 2,3, then finally 4 type preference reversals at a hard point in my life and I was baffled. I recall it was from ENFJ to ISTP. I thought at that time that it was senseless to pay attention to such wildly changing results and that it was actually think what was going on in my life. As a Keirseyan, the change from N to S surprised me the most.

I tested at changing types at one later moment in life, as well, which was a happy one. I considered my results as EXXX, but didn't mind it. I was the least bit introspective at that time, too busy having a happy life, when a new kind of life situation offered me free time, more money, happiness and all such. Self-analysis was kind of forgotten. I guess I was very motivated and felt myself successfull at that time, and did everything quite balancedly.. with the exception of being over-extraverted, perhaps.

I think I mixed past, present, real and ideal in my MBTI answers at those times of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I picture God/Jesus as having the perfect combination of all types (as in evenly split between them all).
    I've kinda thought that myself.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I picture God/Jesus as having the perfect combination of all types (as in evenly split between them all). But for humans, I think if you had all 8 options evenly distributed I would think you'd be a terribly conflicted and indecisive person.
    Younger in life, definitely, that is what happens. The child/teen would be terribly conflicted, because they never even first established a sense of self and how to process things to reach a decision.

Usually if the functions are acquired by experience and are being manifested in an older person who developed functions normally, though, the adult can perceive a situation and make choices on how to proceed. Most adults though do not have the time to fully develop everything and will remain notably weak in a few, or still focus on just a few.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI

I always thought xxxx meant that the types are unknown, because the free tests are so flawed

but i guess it's the perfectly rounded personality

learn something everyday
    innit?