User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I picture God/Jesus as having the perfect combination of all types (as in evenly split between them all). But for humans, I think if you had all 8 options evenly distributed I would think you'd be a terribly conflicted and indecisive person.
    Why would the person be indecisive? Wouldn't that person be a P, then? I see XXXX as having a balanced approach, rather than conflicted.

I'm somewhat like Laser in that I know I'm xNxP. I'm pretty balanced between E/I and F/T, but the ENFP description fits me the best.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MadamI'madaM View Post
    I always thought xxxx meant that the types are unknown, because the free tests are so flawed
    Actually, you're right about the connotation. People normally use "xxxx" to mean:

- "I don't know my type."
    - "I don't even know what a type is."
    - "I keep getting different results for my type."
    - "I don't want to be put in a box."

Other people just insert a random four-letter word, as they see fit.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I picture God/Jesus as having the perfect combination of all types (as in evenly split between them all).
    God is not here.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Why would the person be indecisive? Wouldn't that person be a P, then? I see XXXX as having a balanced approach, rather than conflicted.

I'm somewhat like Laser in that I know I'm xNxP. I'm pretty balanced between E/I and F/T, but the ENFP description fits me the best.
    Well, I don't really think the E/I difference would be a big deal, but for the other 6 funtctions, I think those have more to do with your decision-making and how you perceive the world. Yes, you might be able to see all sides of an issue or problem better than others, but when it came down to actually making a decision I would imagine that the person would be going back and forth a lot trying to decide which side to follow and weighing the pros and cons.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    God is not here.
    On the contrary, while you believe God is not here I believe God is omnipresent

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Well, I don't really think the E/I difference would be a big deal, but for the other 6 funtctions, I think those have more to do with your decision-making and how you perceive the world. Yes, you might be able to see all sides of an issue or problem better than others, but when it came down to actually making a decision I would imagine that the person would be going back and forth a lot trying to decide which side to follow and weighing the pros and cons.
    Why would they be any more indecisive than anyone else? It's not like you use every function for every situation. I don't see an XXXX as someone who tries to use all 8 functions (Ne/Ni/Fe/etc) at the same time, in every situation. They'll favor certain functions, depending on the situation.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Yes, you might be able to see all sides of an issue or problem better than others, but when it came down to actually making a decision I would imagine that the person would be going back and forth a lot trying to decide which side to follow and weighing the pros and cons.
    I've only experienced rapidly changing preferences as negative, and constantly near 50-50 ties as positive. Changing preferences made me doubt be previous decisions and anxious of my current integrity.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I do believe that everyone, even well-rounded persons, have a dominant function.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

xxx, but perhaps xx.

Originally Posted by MadamI'madaM
    I always thought xxxx meant that the types are unknown, because the free tests are so flawed
    What I meant by the notation was that perhaps the types were unknown because they broke even.
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...