User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J teachers

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I think it kind of depends on the subject. Teaching something like advanced logic or syntax is bound to create complete madness and frustration if a non-J approach is taken on the part of the instructor. Freedom = confusion in situations like this.
    I had an ESTP mathematician. She had somewhat playful approach during explanations, by that I mean she was giving stupid names to stuff so it was supposed to be remembered more easily, and basically she was "all-the-fun" in an ESTP obtrusive way. But she had that ESTP directiveness underneath, too. In conclusion, she could give you explanations and stuff in simplified and pragmatic way, so even "the less gifted" students could understand if they paid attention... otoh the explanations were somewhat shallow in theory so you didn't get the needed big picture and stuff, if you were, say, N. FWIW I liked the ISTJ lady-in-best-years mathematician with the "I don't give a fuck" attitude last year more. (But here that "I don't give a fuck" attitude is probably the key, not the J/P)

I got an ENTJ teacher, too, and that was nasty. She was encouraging students to do "creative" stuff, but in an NTJ way, you know, all controlled and in a way how SHE liked it, so it wasn't creative/free at all. She was all hyper and seemingly funny, but that was only on the surface. In truth, she was one evil, manipulative, controlling, directive, and arrogant person - with all this underneath the "we are friends, aren't we" face. She was using an emotional ransom to do what she wanted with dummies: at first she established a friendly connection, and then assumed "you owe me something" attitude.

Basically I liked P teachers more than Js (Except ESTPs and ENFJs); they are much more correct with dealing with students than Js.

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar

Perhaps I'm too 'J' to get it, but being able to play the cymbal on the beat is a very important skill, so... yeah.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge