User Tag List

First 12345 Last

It's all just jealousy, I'm sure. Jealousy of the awesomeness that is FJ. How sad.

(Now you all are making me look forward to hanging out here. Come and get me!)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by InFlux View Post
    It's all just jealousy, I'm sure. Jealousy of the awesomeness that is FJ. How sad.

(Now you all are making me look forward to hanging out here. Come and get me!)

Hey, I love FJ's, my best friend is an FJ, I am in awe thaat's why she sits on the pedestal and not me lol.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Oh my! My fault!

I believe that they should all stand in awe of the awesomeness that is F.

My very best friend is after all, INFP. I like you guys. You're fun.

(I was told it was FJ being attacked, and you gotta fight back, darn it.)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...whimper...

<goes upstairs and hides in room with books>
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Have you taken the Cognitive Processes test ever?
    Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes
    This should help show you whether you use Ni-Fe or Fi-Ne, and thus whether you are more INFJ or INFP.

According to this, I am an INFJ, so maybe my type analysis is correct. I guess being an Enneagram type 4 leads me to always question things about myself....

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.3)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.2)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************** (46)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.3)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.7)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.9)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.5)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It does look like you have some spillover into the other aspects of feeling and intuition (Fi+Ne) -- those scores are running a decent second compared to your Ni+Fe -- so this shows you why you might be experiencing some confusion.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It does look like you have some spillover into the other aspects of feeling and intuition (Fi+Ne) -- those scores are running a decent second compared to your Ni+Fe -- so this shows you why you might be experiencing some confusion.
    whenever I have taken a test that provides scores, I straddle the line between J and P charecteristics --- I think I am one of those people who is straddling the cusp of two types.

This test further reinforces my belief that I am a just weak J, but very much an NF (I straddle the line between introvert and extravert as well). I think I have a good balance of J and P---I know some people who are too much J or too much P and both are difficult to deal with. (The too much J's because they are incredibly anal retentive, obsessive types and the too much Ps because they are so unorganized and are constantly losing things)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K Octopus View Post
    whenever I have taken a test that provides scores, I straddle the line between J and P charecteristics --- I think I am one of those people who is straddling the cusp of two types.
    See, J and P are not functions in themselves per se -- they simply describe (in MBTI) whether you extrovert a J or P function for your secondary [since you are an introvert]. So outwardly, if you feel like you have J/P issues, it means you probably have either a struggle between Ne and Fe (the extroverted secondary trait) or likewise the two similar primary traits (Fi vs Ni).

And when you look at your scores, you'll see that your Ne is actually higher than your Fe, and even your Fi is higher than your Fe. This connotes INFP. But your Ni is high enough that it seems like the predominate factor... which is INFJ in your case.

So you should be good at shifting your internal orientation and seeing lots of validity in many different viewpoints, but outwardly you show Ne behavior (which is P); you are more laid-back and open than perhaps a typical INFJ.

Here is a question: Do you have any struggles with actually implementing things in real life? Getting things done? Finding closure and moving on? (Just curious. )

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    See, J and P are not functions in themselves per se -- they simply describe (in MBTI) whether you extrovert a J or P function for your secondary [since you are an introvert]. So outwardly, if you feel like you have J/P issues, it means you probably have either a struggle between Ne and Fe (the extroverted secondary trait) or likewise the two similar primary traits (Fi vs Ni).

And when you look at your scores, you'll see that your Ne is actually higher than your Fe, and even your Fi is higher than your Fe. This connotes INFP. But your Ni is high enough that it seems like the predominate factor... which is INFJ in your case.

So you should be good at shifting your internal orientation and seeing lots of validity in many different viewpoints, but outwardly you show Ne behavior (which is P); you are more laid-back and open than perhaps a typical INFJ.

Here is a question: Do you have any struggles with actually implementing things in real life? Getting things done? Finding closure and moving on? (Just curious. )

sometimes I do have a lot of trouble getting things accomplished and finding closure

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I really don't understand how that test worked so well for you... my scores are all over the place. Also, I don't think it's descriptions of the functions are accurate.

Ti has nothing to do with looking at things from more than one perspective or categorizing, it just finds weird truths and principles. Ni isn't completely about sudden insights and realizations, although I get those occasionally. Ne isn't as simple as seeing patterns in ideas or being aware of multiple contexts, and actually sounds more like Intuition in general rather than Ne. But I digress.

Anyway, I'm glad the test worked for you, and showed you that you're an INFx. Now all we have to do is check to see if you use more Judgment or Perception in dealing with reality outwardly.