• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What group do you identify with?

Which group do you identify with?

• Casual

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • Roughneck

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Elitist

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Craftsmen

Votes: 9 8.6%

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
casual i guess if i had to pick...but i'm not any one way ALL the time.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd have to say casual, followed far away by elitist, then craftsmen. But overall, I don't hang around in large groups so it is very hard to say. (Generally I find myself socially only in one on one situations if at all, or among a very small group of friends.)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
casual, definitely :)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My guess:

Casual = FP
Roughneck = FJ
Elites = TJ
Craftsmen = TP

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
This is socionics quadras, so I'd have to say elitists, even though the way the groups are named will surely cause a bias in the selection.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:doh:

You weren't supposed to TELL them, FDG!

Great, now everyone will know where they came from.

I somehow knew that if someone blurted out my secret, it would be you.

Experiment failed. :(

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
My guess:

Casual = FP
Roughneck = FJ
Elites = TJ
Craftsmen = TP

HUH :huh: I object.:azdaja: I can't identify with roughneck in my personal interactions. I love one on one sharing, caring and casual relaxation. BTW I replied to your post on another thread.. :blush:

Oh I wanted to ask you are you the one that posted roughneck, hairy walking around campsites type of thing?? LOL

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm surprised that your choices almost mirrored mine. :shock:

I'd agree that I'm not particuarly cliquish on purpose, though I admit to being clique-avoidant when it comes to Roughnecks. I end up keeping myself away from a lot of enjoyable and interesting people/activities, because I'm so ridiculously terrified of running into that particular clique and its values (due to bad experiences with them). The rest of them I can usually deal with or relate to on some level. I don't know why, exactly.

What I mean is that I don't like being associated with a group. It doesn't mean that I can't like people within said group, but it pisses me off when people falsely attribute polarizing traits to me just because I'm in said group. Therefore, I purposely avoid identifying with a group because I know it will get me somewhere bad.

I think your experiment is still going on because I have no idea what the fuck Socionics quadra are anyway.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Casuals I guess, if I really need to choose.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What I mean is that I don't like being associated with a group. It doesn't mean that I can't like people within said group, but it pisses me off when people falsely attribute polarizing traits to me just because I'm in said group. Therefore, I purposely avoid identifying with a group because I know it will get me somewhere bad.

I think your experiment is still going on because I have no idea what the fuck Socionics quadra are anyway.

Identifying myself and others with groups has definitely gotten me into trouble, causing me to reject or accept too many people at once without clear reasons. If I didn't have to do it because of how my mind works, I probably wouldn't.

You're probably right, most will vote before seeing that anyway, and some may not even care enough to look it up.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Identifying myself and others with groups has definitely gotten me into trouble, causing me to reject or accept too many people at once without clear reasons. If I didn't have to do it, I probably wouldn't.

You're probably right, most will vote before seeing that anyway, and some may not even care enough to look it up.

Ah, but your problems come from association. I never see myself as a part of a group and yet it's others who group me anyway, causing the problem.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ah, but your problems come from association. I never see myself as a part of a group and yet it's others who group me anyway, causing the problem.

Sometimes we find it easier to generalize about people and accept, reject, and react to those generalizations rather than focus very much on each individual person. It's actually rather efficient, and takes a lot less attention and time. The problem is that it's arbitrary, unfair and often throws the baby out with the bath water.

Snow Turtle

Craftman - Elitist
Casual
Roughtneck

Having said that... I did sort of identify with the Roughtneck's desire for group atmosphere, but the casual definition of atmosphere also covers it. Engage in small group discussions but overall an introvert within the group. Depending on the number of people at hand, it'll switch between talking about serious stuff to just enjoying the mood. Overall maximum group sizes are around 6-8 people. Group activities have to be focused around some form of activity or the idea of being together, otherwise it'll break apart into the smaller ones which is similar to the idea of the craftman. Don't identify with the desire for decentralization so much.

You pretty much made roughtnecks to be the jocks of highschool, but maybe that wasn't intentional. >_>'

Edit: Oh... socionics. Goes to show that I don't remember much about the system. But hey it's nice to have an extract about each one. I still haven't figured which one I am within that system.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a Casual-Roughneck with Elitist-Craftsmen tendencies. :shock: