• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What group do you identify with?

Which group do you identify with?

• Casual

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • Roughneck

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Elitist

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Craftsmen

Votes: 9 8.6%

• Total voters

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm surprised that your choices mirrored mine. :shock:

I'd agree that I'm not particuarly cliquish on purpose, though I admit to being clique-avoidant when it comes to Roughnecks. I end up keeping myself away from a lot of enjoyable and interesting people/activities, because I'm so ridiculously terrified of running into that particular clique and its values (due to bad experiences with them). The rest of them I can usually deal with or relate to on some level. I don't know why, exactly.

Because you like pragmatism

Cady

MBTI Type
ENTP
Elitist.

I spent way too much time trying to be more casual-esque in high school. It wasn't worth it.
By the way, you might get more accurate results if some of the categories weren't named with such determinately negative stereotypes.

I know it's a quote from somewhere else, but you could just name them group 1/2/3/4 and voilà, much improved. :cheese:
Unless the names of the group are some secret part of the experiment I don't know about yet. :shock:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Elitist.

I spent way too much time trying to be more casual-esque in high school. It wasn't worth it.
By the way, you might get more accurate results if some of the categories weren't named with such determinately negative stereotypes.

Just a thought.

I thought I gave them all sufficiently negative names? :huh:

Cady

MBTI Type
ENTP
I thought I gave them all sufficiently negative names? :huh:

>.<

I need to start editing my posts BEFORE I press the enter key.
But yea, now that I look at them they're all pretty negative.

Redneck to me just sounds pretty lowbrow.

wolfy

awsm
What's negative about craftsman? The name and the description both sound perfect.

Frank

A combination of all four with the heaviest leanings towards elitist and roughneck

Frank

Well, because you give off this "strong, self-confident" vibe I'd tend to associate with that group of people. Yes, I can understand wanting more substantial conversation after a certain point.

Anyway... my theory is that the majority of the forum population consists of Casuals (with Craftsmen as a close second), if anyone is curious.

I'm curious. What is the reasoning behind this theory?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
>.<

I need to start editing my posts BEFORE I press the enter key.
But yea, now that I look at them they're all pretty negative.

Redneck to me just sounds pretty lowbrow.

Roughneck, not Redneck. Redneck is pretty offensive. A roughneck is just a rowdy person.

What's negative about craftsman? The name and the description both sound perfect.

Well, Craftsman could be viewed negatively by some snobbish people... but there are more that would value it. Darn. I guess that reveals that I had the hardest time saying anything negative about that group.

Cady

MBTI Type
ENTP

All labels tend to unearth some sort of bias, both positive and negative, based of personal observation or life experience.

If MBTI typecasting took into account your like or dislike of the label associated with your group I think results would be less accurate. For example, ENTP's are often called "the inventor" which to me invokes the image of an old man hunched over a machine trying to get it to work. I don't like building physical things, and it's just a preset bias that the first impression I get when I think about inventor's is one of a builder.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
All labels tend to unearth some sort of bias, both positive and negative, based of personal observation or life experience.

Life experience... well thats a long way

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Because you like pragmatism

I do? Huh... I guess that's right. They're unfocused and silly, and place unfair expectations on people. They seem to have the worst combination of traits.

Cady

MBTI Type
ENTP
Roughneck, not Redneck. Redneck is pretty offensive. A roughneck is just a rowdy person.

Hehe, my bad. I scanned over the titles to start and for some reason saw "Redneck". Roughneck is much more in line with the negative level of the other titles :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have to go to bed now, unfortunately. If you like to discuss your not awesomness further and why I think so @Aethian feel free to please never PM me

l8r

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm curious. What is the reasoning behind this theory?

The reasoning? Well, if I told you that, it would ruin the experiment. ;)

I'll give you a hint, though. It's got to do with the atmosphere of the message board in general, combined with the types of the majority of members.

Cady

MBTI Type
ENTP

I'll give you a hint, though. It's got to do with the atmosphere of the message board in general, combined with the types of the majority of members.

I knew there was a super secret reason. :yes:

Frank

So you ask us if we are curious and then tell us you can't further explain. Pretty mean for an nf. :huh: