User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which group do you identify with?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Casual

53 49.07%
  • Roughneck

4 3.70%
  • Elitist

41 37.96%
  • Craftsmen

10 9.26%
First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Well that makes sense. I identify as an LII in socionics, which is in the Alpha Quadra.
    Yep.

I've been identified as LII and EII, but no one can agree which I am. I'm definitely not the equivalent functional order in Socionics (IEI), because Beta is the quadra whose values I disagree with the most. I like both Alpha and Delta, so I don't know which one I am from that.

I know that I dislike Beta the most, which probably means I'm Delta (EII), since Delta has all of Beta's elements subdued.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well, I did get an invite to the Alpha Quadra group here. So I guess it's not so surprising.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

Switching between elitist and casual. Like toonia mentioned, it's missing a nerd option. *grin*
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

garbage

how in god's name would an IEE ever fit with that description of the craftsmen group

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I'd have to say the closest one is elitist for me, but w/o the competitive bit. I rather dislike elitism as a whole and don't care for projecting an image, so I don't really fit with any of the groups. That aspect of it wearies my bones. Can't there just be a small group that talks about interesting things for the sake of it and not worried about their careers? Is there a nerd group? I think I'd go for that one first. I like reading the description of the casual group, but I don't join in funny banter with people I don't know. I'm easily struck funny, but am not often the creator of funny (at least not on purpose).
    I couldn't create funny on purpose if my life depended on it. I find I'm usually the good natured butt of jokes. I identified with some aspects of the casual and the elitist, but didn't like a lot of the elements of either.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

I'm a combination of casual and craftsman. I'm simply a casual craftsman.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I somehow knew that if someone blurted out my secret, it would be you.
    But that was easy to tell, since I'm the only one really into socionics in this forum (not that I take pride in it, just how it is). Anyway, don't you think that your choice of words were biased, giving Beta and Gamma degrading names? I can understand you're a peak-Ne type and thus tend to perceive them as threatening, but since it's an experiment, it'd be more useful to be neutral.

You basically set up the experiment so that your theory would be confirmed, by giving the best name to the quadra you thought was most represented. That's unsound methodology.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    But that was easy to tell, since I'm the only one really into socionics in this forum (not that I take pride in it, just how it is). Anyway, don't you think that your choice of words were biased, giving Beta and Gamma degrading names? I can understand you're a peak-Ne type and thus tend to perceive them as threatening, but since it's an experiment, it'd be more useful to be neutral.

You basically set up the experiment so that your theory would be confirmed, by giving the best name to the quadra you thought was most represented. That's unsound methodology.
    Yeah, I realize they were biased now. At first I thought "Casual" would be perceived as "Slacker" by a lot of people, but apparently it wasn't. Come to think of it... I probably should have called them "Slackers" to be sufficiently negative (my original intent was to make all the names negative, but I only succeeded with Beta and Gamma).

Don't know what I was thinking with Craftsmen, though. That one was neutral and totally missed the mark.

I admit the methodology was unsound. But on the other hand, I didn't just want everyone to vote for the quadra they thought their type was in without considering the descriptions.

That's interesting, though. It's that apparent that I value Ne in Socionics, huh? Weird since I'm Ni here, but I guess the functions are quite different there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Yeah, I realize they were biased now. At first I thought "Casual" would be perceived as "Slacker" by a lot of people, but apparently it wasn't. Come to think of it... I probably should have called them "Slackers" to be sufficiently negative.

Don't know what I was thinking with Craftsmen, though. That one was neutral and totally missed the mark.

I admit the methodology was unsound. But on the other hand, I didn't just want everyone to vote for the quadra they thought their type was in without considering the descriptions.
    Yeah that's also true...I guess one of the reason why they choose greek letters to represent the quadras is that they are sufficiently neutral. Even A-B-C-D could somehow remind of grades, even uncosciously

That's interesting, though. It's that apparent that I value Ne in Socionics, huh? Weird since I'm Ni here, but I guess the functions are quite different there.
    MMm yes, because Ni works in tandem with Se in socionics, and you seem to really dislike Se, right? So it fits more that you're a very Ne INFj, which works in tandem with Si
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah that's also true...I guess one of the reason why they choose greek letters to represent the quadras is that they are sufficiently neutral. Even A-B-C-D could somehow remind of grades, even uncosciously
    Yeah. Choosing descriptive names always shows bias. That's why they didn't do it, I suppose.

I probably should have gone with "Laidback, Social, Driven, and Craftsman." That would have been somewhat more neutral, though it still would have had bias.

MMm yes, because Ni works in tandem with Se in socionics, and you seem to really dislike Se, right? So it fits more that you're a very Ne INFj, which works in tandem with Si
    Yeah. One thing people have pointed out about me on Socionics is that their positive I'm not Beta (without me even telling my type), and seem really opposed to those values. They can't tell me what type I am, but they say that I'm anti-Beta. It's weird, but it does seem true.

Incidentally, I don't dislike Gamma as much as Beta. They seem harsh but tolerable in most circumstances.

Ironically, Beta is IEI with the same functional order (Ni-Fe) in Socionics, so some misguided person might plug a J/P switch in and assume I'm Beta when converting my type. That would be so annoying.