User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which group do you identify with?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Casual

53 49.07%
  • Roughneck

4 3.70%
  • Elitist

41 37.96%
  • Craftsmen

10 9.26%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    My guess:

Casual = FP
    Roughneck = FJ
    Elites = TJ
    Craftsmen = TP
    HUH I object. I can't identify with roughneck in my personal interactions. I love one on one sharing, caring and casual relaxation. BTW I replied to your post on another thread..

Oh I wanted to ask you are you the one that posted roughneck, hairy walking around campsites type of thing?? LOL
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm surprised that your choices almost mirrored mine.

I'd agree that I'm not particuarly cliquish on purpose, though I admit to being clique-avoidant when it comes to Roughnecks. I end up keeping myself away from a lot of enjoyable and interesting people/activities, because I'm so ridiculously terrified of running into that particular clique and its values (due to bad experiences with them). The rest of them I can usually deal with or relate to on some level. I don't know why, exactly.
    What I mean is that I don't like being associated with a group. It doesn't mean that I can't like people within said group, but it pisses me off when people falsely attribute polarizing traits to me just because I'm in said group. Therefore, I purposely avoid identifying with a group because I know it will get me somewhere bad.

I think your experiment is still going on because I have no idea what the fuck Socionics quadra are anyway.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ISFJ

Casuals I guess, if I really need to choose.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    What I mean is that I don't like being associated with a group. It doesn't mean that I can't like people within said group, but it pisses me off when people falsely attribute polarizing traits to me just because I'm in said group. Therefore, I purposely avoid identifying with a group because I know it will get me somewhere bad.

I think your experiment is still going on because I have no idea what the fuck Socionics quadra are anyway.
    Identifying myself and others with groups has definitely gotten me into trouble, causing me to reject or accept too many people at once without clear reasons. If I didn't have to do it because of how my mind works, I probably wouldn't.

You're probably right, most will vote before seeing that anyway, and some may not even care enough to look it up.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Identifying myself and others with groups has definitely gotten me into trouble, causing me to reject or accept too many people at once without clear reasons. If I didn't have to do it, I probably wouldn't.

You're probably right, most will vote before seeing that anyway, and some may not even care enough to look it up.
    Ah, but your problems come from association. I never see myself as a part of a group and yet it's others who group me anyway, causing the problem.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Ah, but your problems come from association. I never see myself as a part of a group and yet it's others who group me anyway, causing the problem.
    Sometimes we find it easier to generalize about people and accept, reject, and react to those generalizations rather than focus very much on each individual person. It's actually rather efficient, and takes a lot less attention and time. The problem is that it's arbitrary, unfair and often throws the baby out with the bath water.

Craftman - Elitist
    Casual
    Roughtneck

Having said that... I did sort of identify with the Roughtneck's desire for group atmosphere, but the casual definition of atmosphere also covers it. Engage in small group discussions but overall an introvert within the group. Depending on the number of people at hand, it'll switch between talking about serious stuff to just enjoying the mood. Overall maximum group sizes are around 6-8 people. Group activities have to be focused around some form of activity or the idea of being together, otherwise it'll break apart into the smaller ones which is similar to the idea of the craftman. Don't identify with the desire for decentralization so much.

You pretty much made roughtnecks to be the jocks of highschool, but maybe that wasn't intentional. >_>'

Edit: Oh... socionics. Goes to show that I don't remember much about the system. But hey it's nice to have an extract about each one. I still haven't figured which one I am within that system.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

somewhere inbetween craftsmen and casuals.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

garbage

Casual. Without a doubt.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm a Casual-Roughneck with Elitist-Craftsmen tendencies.