User Tag List

12311 Last

Default The Scam of the MBTI Trance

Any repetition can induce a trance.

Advertising takes advantage of this and keeps repeating ads over and over again - and it works - billions of dollars every year are spent on just this kind of advertising.

And propaganda takes similar advantage of repetition to induce a trance.

But why do advertising and propaganda wish to put us in a trance?

And the answer is because in a trance our critical faculties go to sleep and we are susceptible to the suggestions of the advertisers and the propagandists.

And that is why MBTI is repeated over and over again here. And it is so lovingly repeated because the sheer repetition puts us into an uncritical trance.

And it is this uncritical trance that is so beloved by the scamsters.

And we have here office bearers of this site who have been repeating MBTI over and over again for many years.

And every now and then they reveal their spite towards anyone who seeks to wake us up from the MBTI trance.

But they are relentless because they themselves are in a deep trance, and deeply and profoundly resent anyone trying to wake them up.

And, incidentally, the best way to put someone in a trance is to enter a trance yourself. And the only better way to put someone in a trance is to put the group in a trance first and then the individual follows along. And that is just what happen here.

But the price you pay for the MBTI trance, for the MBTI scam, is your self respect.

But the beauty of it is, that in a trance, you don't notice the loss.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And every now and then they reveal their spite towards anyone who seeks to wake us up from the MBTI trance...
    Most people I know never even heard of MBTI. I just don't discuss it with them. Even my husband isn't interested in it. It's not a big deal, really.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Most people I know never even heard of MBTI. I just don't discuss it with them. Even my husband isn't interested in it. It's not a big deal, really.
    I understand that two and a half million Americans alone do the MBTI test every year.

And remember that the MBTI scam is popular world wide - so the number doing the test every year is enormous.

And the MBTI scam has been around since WW II so the total number of victims of the scam is vast and increasing all the time.

heart on fire

I understand that two and a half million Americans alone do the MBTI test every year.

And remember that the MBTI scam is popular world wide - so the number doing the test every year is enormous.

And the MBTI scam has been around since WW II so the total number of victims of the scam is simply enormous and increasing all the time.
    People do take the test at jobs and school but it doesn't mean they remember it or become interested in it. I have taken lots of tests at job interviews, I can't remember the names of all of them or what they showed.

It becomes a trance if you try and use your type for bearings. Then if you're not careful you'll simply become a parody of the type you identify with.
    The best use of MBTI is as a simple indicator. A simple map with all the flaws of a map. A mirror, a mirror with inevitable flaws in it's ability to reflect you back to yourself.
    The best use of this site is not MBTI and typing anyway.
    The best use of this site is as a collection of individuals struggling to understand themselves, others and the world around them.

garbage

And that is why MBTI is repeated over and over again here. And it is so lovingly repeated because the sheer repetition puts us into an uncritical trance.
    Or, alternatively, MBTI is repeated over and over again here because this is a typology forum.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Or, alternatively, MBTI is repeated over and over again here because this is a typology forum.
    Of course we always have reasons for what we do - otherwise we would be unreasonable or have no reason for what we do.

But no matter what the reason, in advertisements or propaganda or MBTI, it is the repetition that matters - because any repetition can induce a trance.

And repetition done in company, as we do here, can induce a profound trance from which it is difficult and even painful to awaken from.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    My special one is still intrested in it. But she still keeps saying that I dont need it

I have no clue what thats supposed to mean
    Last edited by entropie; 06-05-2009 at 09:12 PM.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

To be honest, I post on these forums with the thought in the mind of my head that a lot of MBTI / cognitive function stuff is bullshit.

I like posting here to talk to the people who identify themselves with a specific type profile. MBTI may be crap, but it's interesting to talk to people who have pre-admitted to being a certain way that you can actually read up on and look into.

For example:
    If someone says they're an ENTP, I know that person is at least somewhat like me, because we both say that we ackowlege the ENTP profile as describing us regaurdless of whether the MBTI really has merit or not. Since I know they're somewhat like me, I can ask them questions and say certain things that are now given a whole new context.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That's the healthy way, I think. Problem are only those cheerleaders who still need to team up
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]