• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How well do you know the type descriptions?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I will post a bunch of quotes from various descriptions of a certain type and you have to guess what type it is, I'll try not to make it too easy (with slight adjustments and omissions) and focus on the less obvious things. Don't cheat with google, it's not a competition, just test your understanding.

First up:

____s have a rich inner world. ____s are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their unstinting, high-quality work. In the workplace, ____s are accurate workers, often with very good analytic abilities, They try to clarify ideas. They are quiet, serious observers of people. ____ like having friends. They like to be able to come and go as they please. ____ can make difficult work look easy. For ____ anything really major in life can take forever to decide. ____ have an unusual sense of humor. ____ may go overboard, becoming supermacho, drinking or smoking to excess, or becoming highly competitive to "prove" themselves

What type? 2.

Loyalty, commitment, and responsibility are important values to ____. ____ make responsible spouses, employees, and community members.They generally follow policies and procedures. They enjoy discussing their reading and may join book groups in order to do that. The fact is, ____s are extraordinarily tolerant of others, seldom critical. ____s may risk their own sense of identity. They have a natural ability to mimic. Seldom is an ____ wrong about the motivations or intent of another, hidden or not. ____ are very much at home in complex situations which require the juggling of much data.

So which type do you think it is?

Last edited:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ.

Hint on "unstinting, high-quality work," "very good analytic abilities," and "quiet, serious observers of people." Oh and "often unappreciated, at work, home, and play."

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, this is a really cool thread idea. I can think of several people, of several different types, that I'd say fit this description.

I'd say INFJ, ISFP, or ISFJ in that order. (Only one thing fails to ring true for ISFP to me.) Really though, I'm sort of humbled.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The beginning sentence sounded like INFJ. But the emphasis on work makes me think ISFJ. INFJs are not usually praised for such things (and for good reason :)).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The beginning sentence sounded like INFJ. But the emphasis on work makes me think ISFJ. INFJs are not usually praised for such things (and for good reason :)).

not buying it ! ISFJ and excessive drinkers, phew, that makes me go all Hmm

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So which type do you think it is?

It's ISFJ. I don't think, I know from memory. I've been studying the theory for years, and I know all the popular descriptions backwards and forwards (Really, test me. Try posting one backwards and upside down).

Snow Turtle

I would have said ISFJ, but I've never heard of the last sentence. It throws me off completely. That and some of the quotes seem very familiar.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would have said ISFJ, but I've never heard of the last sentence. It throws me off completely.
Honestly, I know many ISxJs that go overboard with things and are very competitive, and jealous. It actually seemed like the norm to me for some time.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I would have said ISFJ, but I've never heard of the last sentence. It throws me off completely.

The last sentence is definitely from a less common ISFJ male description I read somewhere a while back. I don't remember where.
That and some of the quotes seem very familiar.

They should. Several are from the TypeLogic ISFJ profile, and I think some are from the PersonalityPage profile. I've actually got them memorized because I went over them for months while I was trying to figure out my type, and a few more times when trying to figure out other people's types.

Who needs Google when you've got all the profiles memorized? ;)

Snow Turtle

Honestly, I know many ISxJs that go overboard with things and are very competitive, and jealous. It actually seemed like the norm to me for some time.

Oh the competition part I've got no disagreement with. :D
I just find it odd that excess behaviour has been mentioned as I've never seen it before. Not to mention if we're treating it as stressed behaviour, then technically wouldn't that fall under the realm of abusive Se?