• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mom: INFJ (high IFJ, low N)
Dad: INTP (low TP, high IN)
(no siblings)

Favorite cousin: ISTJ (nerdy bookworm, like me)

Friends (no idea on strength): INTJ, INFJ, ENTP, ENFP, ESFP, ISFJ, ESFJ. I.e. mostly N, balance between I and E, almost no SPs.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Mom: ESFJ
Dad: ISTP

Once they took the test I understood why neither of them get me.

Most of my friends are likely about ISFP, interchanging I for E and F for J depending on the person.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have any friends, really, so I can't list any for that category. Back when I did have friends, they were mostly NFs with a couple of people from each of the other temperaments.
Scratch that. I'll list some of my online friends, a couple of whom I still talk to. One INTP. Two INTJs. One ISFP. Two INFJs. One INFP.

P

Phantonym

Me (female): INFJ
Younger brother: ISTJ

Mom: IXFJ, possibly more S than N
Dad: ISTJ

Last edited:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Me - ESFJ
Son 1 - ISTJ
Son 2 - ENTP

^ We do get along pretty well, now i know how (roughly) my kids work but son 1 doesn't half nag son 2 sometimes which drives me up the wall.

Mum - ESxP
Father - INTP
Brother - ESTP
Step sister - ESTP (unhealthy)
Step dad - ISxP (i think)

My best friend is a ESFx .. I don't have any other friends other than those online. I like them at a distance.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Mom: ENTJ
Dad: INTJ

Me: ESFP (they totally don't get my S, don't appreciate my F, and are annoyed by my P)

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Me: ENTP

Dad: INTJ
Mom: ESTJ
Sister (adopted): ESFj
Brother: INTP

I also have three older half brothers from my dad's side who haven't taken the MBTI (or don't remember what they got as it's been so long), but if I had to guess I'd say... ENtj, INFJ, and INTj.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Dad - ESTP
Mom - ISFJ
Sister - ESFP
Brother - ISTP

I was the only N in a bunch of S's till my sister married a completely cool ENFP. :)

Saffronsocks

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
Dad - INTJ
Mom - xSFJ
Sister - ISFP
Brother - INTP

we're loud amongst ourselves. :bananallama:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mother: ESFj
Father: INFP
Brother: ENFP
Sister: ENFJ
Me: INFJ

The NF tetrad with an SJ thrown in. Dreams, visions, ideals, and then *splat*...reality hits.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mother: ESFj
Father: INFP
Brother: ENFP
Sister: ENFJ
Me: INFJ

The NF tetrad with an SJ thrown in. Dreams, visions, ideals, and then *splat*...reality hits.

Haha, your poor mom; though she must be somewhat ok with it having married an INFP...

Cachao

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
mom: isFP
dad: ISTJ
Sister 1: XSFJ
Sister 2: ENFJ
Me: INTP

I relate pretty evenly to everyone; each person has a time and place when it comes to interaction. I like going on bike rides with my dad. I like gossiping about family issues with sister 2. I like hanging with sister 1 when we've both put a few down. Sometimes I like talking with mom; she has a bad habit of talking (/preaching) at you sometimes--but her P can be fun. Overall, things stay healthy (/distant) between me and fam, but I sometimes wish I had a xNTP sibling (/accomplice) growing up.

Last edited:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, your poor mom; though she must be somewhat ok with it having married an INFP...

Yeah...about that. I do not recommend this match. After the honeymoon phase wears off, the completely different views on the world will begin to grate on you. They love each other dearly, but even they have to admit that their differences are so great, it is comical at times. However, if you're the "I like challenges" kind of person, then this is definitely the match for you.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Family MBTI's

What are the MBTI types of your immediate family and what is your type? I am doing a study to check for type inheiritablility.

My mother: ESTJ.
My father: INFJ.
My brother: ISTJ.
Me: INTP.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
my father: ESTJ
my mother: INFP