• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Me: ENFP

Parents, guesses:

Mother: EnFJ
Father: ISTJ

No siblings

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I bet this was interesting.

Oh yes. I love him dearly, but we don't understand each other. He and my mother got along like a house on fire (they're good friends now, after being divorced for several years).

The really interesting thing was my 3.year relationship to an immature ISTJ while I was a really immature ENFP. We don't understand each other, but we're still good friends ;)

Last edited:

Helfeather

MBTI Type
IXTX
I think I'll revise mine...

Father: EXTJ
Mother: ISFJ
Grandmother: INFJ
Grandfather: EXTP
Sister#1: ISTJ
Sister#2: IXTP
Myself: IXTJ

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Officially, thanks to my psychology degree mother...

Mom - ESTP
Dad - ISTJ
Me - INFJ
Brother - INFP

I find it extremely interesting that my mother & I share the same cognitive functions in the exact opposite order. My brother's keen on calling us one "super annoying human" when we are together. We literally feed off of one another. My mother jokes that I made up for what she lacked.

The other interesting thing about my family is that my aunt & cousins have also taken the MBTI and test as...

Aunt - ISTJ
Cousin - INFP
Cousin - ENFJ

That makes all 4 of us grandchildren intuitives born to sensor parents. Also, all 4 of us grandchildren ended up Feelers in a primarily Thinking family (even my grandmother tests ISTJ!) - and the NF / ST pattern's kind of interesting, too.

We're not really sure what happened! :)

ygolo

My termites win
Deja vu. I could have sworn I posted on a thread very similar to this, but I didn't see the post.

Dad:IN_J
Mom:I_TP
Me (oldest): INTP
Sister: ENFP (pretty sure)
Brother (youngest): ISFP (somewhat sure, could be ISTP)

EDIT:Other than for 4 exceptions, people seem to be able to identify enough about their parents (even when they didn't know the whole type) to get the Leading function. Two who didn't seemed to be in a step-parent situation. Probably just coincidence.

Last edited:

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
What are the types of your family?

What are the types of your family? I'll start.

My sister is an INTJ. She is super conciencious, and at times can be a little arrogant. However, I think she has a fairly well developed F and P function, because when she isn't working she can be much more playful and fun and caring. She is a health science major, and she often says "do you know whats in that?!" with an air of superiority if she catches you with a bag of doritos. She likes science and math, but does not like psychology and isn't much of an artist. She can play piano pretty well, but she isn't artistic -she just plays what the sheet music says, and recognizes it as a logical structure based in math. Also, I got her to read the INTJ description and she said it was accurate. I also explained what each of the functions mean, and she could positively identify I and N immidiately, but at the time I was not good at describing the F and P functions. What do you all think about the INFP-INTJ relationship?

My dad is an ESTJ, likely with a bit of a weeker J. Seeing how I'm an INFP, what exactly does that mean? I've been looking for an explaination of how these two interact because 1)it will help me get a better perspective on how to communicate with him, and 2)it could help furthur support my idea that he is probably an ESTJ.

I see that he is probably an ESTJ because he is, as many of the profiles say, the "pillar of the community". He is the president of the local law association, and he is the president of the board of directors at the local golf club. He is also a very well respected lawyer, who my mom always says should be a judge (which I've heard can be the perfect career for ESTJ, although my dad says he has no interest in being a judge). He is also batshit insane when it comes to work ethic, he always gets his work done, very deadline concious, and he has very high expectations that my work ethic bassically be like his (and its not!). He can also not approach some situations with the right sensitivity (like the time he said I was "pissing ym life away" because I didn't read a book for homework in grade 8. That absolutely crushed me, and still does). He is also generally very warm and friendly, with a respect for "how things are", and kind of a negative view on "weird" things, such as my habit of going for runs at midnight (he roles his eyes and moans whenever someone mentions it). He seems to fit the ESTJ thing well. What do you think about ESTJ-INFP relationships, especially in terms of father-son?

I'm not sure about my older brother or my mother. Is there a type that is more likely than others to be able to somehow know the answer to every question on Jeoporady? I think hes E, but I'm not sure about S or N. Hes definately a T, and I'm not sure about the P/J... maybe a P, but I'm not positive, he could very well be J. Hes a political science student.

My mom... I'm in the dark with her. I think shes likely an I, and maybe an SJ of some kind. She seems very aware of social norms... she always tells me when she invites guests over that I'm "suppose to mingle" and that its "normal" to talk to a lot of people at a function like that. She also jokes that her thinking is "far to rigid" to understand what I mean sometimes. I think she might be an F, but I'm not sure why. Its probably because she is very polite, and seems to care about people and personal things more. She is a bit more sensitive to what people think, she isn't so disciplinary as my father. Shes a law-clerk. What do you think of INFP-ISFJ (if thats what she is) relationships?

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
What are the types of your family? I'll start.

My sister is an ENTJ. My girlfriend is an ENTP. My parents I think were ENFJ (mom) and INFJ (dad). I can't verify all this information however since none of them have taken the test.

xNFJiminy

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Mum - ISFJ
Dad - INTJ
Younger sister - EXFX
Older sister - ENFJ
Grandad - ESFJ

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Mom = ESFJ
Dad = ESTJ
Sister = NADC (not a damn clue)
Me = INTJ

Husband = ISTJ
His Dad = ENFP
His Mom = ISTJ
Middle sis = ISFP
Oldest sis = ESFx

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've thought about this a LOT, but it's really hard to know for sure, because my Dad doesn't really talk much, and my Mom has pretty substantial anxiety issues, which makes the mbti type hard to guess on

Dad: IxTJ -- if forced to choose, I'd guess INTJ
Mom: ISxJ -- if forced to choose, would guess ISTJ
Me: INFJ
Brother: INTP

Dad's Father -- almost positive INTJ
Dad's Mother -- definitely ESFJ
Dad's Sister - probably ENTJ
Mom's Father -- IxTP
Mom's Mother -- IxFJ
Mom's Sister -- ISxP

My brother, unfortunately, bears the brunt of the 'Why aren't you doing anything/why are you apathetic'-type comments. Poor him, the only P of the immediate family. He and I, however, have always had a great connection.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
dad- INTP
mom- ISFJ
me- ISTP
sister- ESFP

I really can't decide who's the odd person out in my family!!! :)

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
C-R-A-Z-Y Family

After careful study of their behaviors, and some unofficial questionnaires online, I have this to report:

Father:ISTJ
Mother:ENFP
Me (oldest):INFJ
Sister 1:INTP
Sister 2:ESTP:shock:
Brother: ENTP

Last edited:

Ms. M

MBTI Type
INTJ
Neither of my parents have taken the MBTI, but my younger sister (only sibling) has. She's an ESFJ, I'm an INTJ.

ygolo

My termites win
dad- INTP
mom- ISFJ
me- ISTP
sister- ESFP

I really can't decide who's the odd person out in my family!!! :)

You all are:
Your mom is th only J
Your dad is the only N
Your sister is the only E.
You are the only one with every letter in common with at least one person in the family. You are the glue (how far off am I?).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm the one who's always been the best at communicating with all the members of my family! :)

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Dad: IxTJ
Mom: ISFJ
Me: INTP
Brother: ESTJ
Brother: ESFP

lazyhappy

whom i live with:
mom- ENTJ
Sister- ENTP
Me- INTP
grandma (mom's mom):ISFJ (guess)... -.- we all hate her:biggrin: ... expecially me and my sister...

whom i don't:
Dad- ESTP (guess)

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Dad: ESTJ
Mom: ISFP
Me (Eldest): ENFP
Sister (Middle): ESFP
Brother (Youngest): INFJ ... I think.

No Rationals in our household, but we have everything else! :)

pocket lint

MBTI Type
isxp
Mom-- EnFJ
Mom's fiance-- ENFp
Brother-- he was too lazy to take a test... I know he's extremely xxFP though

I think I've spent more time at my aunt's house growing up with my cousins (they live 10 minutes away) than at home with my own "family". I actually got everyone listed, except for my brother, to take the humanmetrics version of the MBTI test! It was interesting to be able to understand the dynamics between all of us afterwards.

Aunt (Single mother!)-- ISfJ
Cousin #1 (31, male)-- eSTJ, married (I don't know his wife's type)
Cousin #2 (28, male)-- ESFp, married to an ESFJ
Cousin #3 (25, male)-- INFP, dating an EsFJ (off and on for 4 years)
Cousin #4 (23, female)-- ISFJ, engaged to an ISFP
Cousin #5 (20, male)-- ESFP
Cousin #6 (18, female)-- EnTp dating an INTJ (2 years)
Cousin #7 (16, male)-- EnFP

I might be back to add more to this later...