• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Mother: ESFJ<-Guess
Father: IsTP <-Guess
Me: INtP <-Educated Guess, it'll probably change

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mother: ESFP
Father: INFP
Younger brother: ISFP
Me: INFJ

redacted

In order of age:
Father - INTP
Mother - ISTJ
Me - INFJ
Brother - ENTP

I'm the only F.

My mom struggles with all of us because she's so grounded. She can't handle our Intuitiveness... (plus, she's pretty crazy, and probably has a 20 point lower IQ than the rest of us...)

Insidious 3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Siblings MBTI type

Do most siblings have similar MBTI types? I would assume that most would, because they have the same parents and are brought up in the same environment.

Not me and my brother though, as he is an ESFP and I'm an INTJ.
We get on suprisingly well, even with opposite types.

I'm interested to hear about the relationship between siblings, and how their MBTI type affects their relationship.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't think that's really the case- in terms of actual type.
I don't think your actual personality type can change. It can have an effect on the way you think.
My mom is ESTJ and my dad is ENTJ. It has given me a T mindset but that doesn't mean I am a T.
I was born an F and there is nothing that can change that.

As for my other siblings.

Older brother: INTJ, Older sister: ESTP, Twin sister: ISFP

I get along well with all types- as long as the person is good which I would consider everyone in my family to be, :D

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have one sister self-typed as an ISFP and another as an INTP (who I would have guessed INFJ for instead). So...both one letter off, if they're accurate.

The youngest one I have no idea...probably E, probably F. ENFJ ENFP ESFP ESFJ - of those maybe ENFP? Something not at all like me, anyway.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Do most siblings have similar MBTI types? I would assume that most would, because they have the same parents and are brought up in the same environment.
Hardly. Based on case analysis, it doesn't even seem identical twins raised together necessarily have the same type.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Father: INTP

Mother: ESFJ

Eldest sister: InFp

Middle sister: ESTJ :horor:

Me: ENFP

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Mom: INFJ
Dad: ENTP
Older Sister: ESxP (Se super-dominant)
Me: ENFP

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this looks completely random, but it will be interesting to see what the data reveals, if anything:

mother: ESFJ (tested)
father: ISTP (guess)
sister1: ENFJ (?)
sister2: ENFP (tested)
me (yougest): INTP

MEC

Dad ESFP
Mum ESFJ
Self ISF J/P borderline
Sister 2 ESFJ Unsure
Sister 3 ENTJ
Sister 4 ESFP Unsure

I read somewhere that type was inherited just like hair colour.I must have been a throw back to one of my grandparents.

Last edited:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Mother: ESFj
Father: IntJ
Brother: eXtP
Me: INTj

Grandfather 1: INFJ (guess, unhealthy - perhaps because of the war)
Grandmother 2: EXXP
Grandfather 3: EXXP
Grandmother 4: ISFJ (guess)

Get along best with brother or father (but not when they are together, major clashes that get out the worst in them, the amplified J in my father is absolutely impossible).

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
mom -> INFJ
dad -> INTJ
me -> ENFP (sux being the only P)
sister -> ESTJ (poor kid)
half brother -> INTJ

351Stang

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Dad- INFJ
Mom- ENFJ
Me- ENFP
Sister- INFP

For some reason we all seem to have some sort of intuitive feeling about what each other is feeling... haha

Eryndil

MBTI Type
INTx
All best guesses:

Mother - INFP
Father - INTJ (possibly but I think he may have had a personality disorder anyway)
Brother 1 - INTX
Brother 2 - XNTP (or XNFP with weak F)
Me (F, youngest) - INTx

Winz

MBTI Type
ISTP
Mother: ISTJ
Father: not a clue (?)
Oldest brother: INFP
Next brother: ESTJ
Me (youngest): ISTP

The ISTJ mixed with the INFP are a complete disaster together.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Me (female): INTJ
Mother: ISFJ
Father: ENTJ
Sister (younger): ENTJ

I had them all take an MBTI test online in my never-ending quest for knowledge :party2:

Ha, I did this too:

Me: INTJ

Mother: ISTJ
Father: INTP
Sister: INTJ

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Your family's types and interactions

I'm curious about the dynamics between types within a family. As we all know the relationship you have with your mother, father or your sister isn't going to be the same that the relation you have with the rest of the world.
First the relation you have with the father\mother duo is assymetrical, and you can't actually choose to go away in times of troubles for financial, emotional and pratical reasons.

Then come the siblings, the relation you'll share with your 10 years old brother won't be the same than the one you share with your all grown up 30 years old sister, even if this kind of relationship is still much more symetrical than the child\parent one.

Anyway, here's some dynamics and impressions.

My father: ESTJ :
Frequences of conflicts: ++++
reason: control freak?
Force of conflicts: ++++
reason: Won't let me do or think my way, didn't hear about democracy, huge ego on both sides.
Efficiency when working together: -
reason: Is capable, intelligent but his obsession over details and my 'whateverism' don't match well, helps me with some method but his lack of flexibility wastes alot of time.
Unsuccesful strategies: Trying to open him to new idea, especially about religion will result in him screaming and considering he's right whatever my arguments are, then rambling about it like a child all day (booring).
If history and tradition were always right we'd still live in caverns damn it.
It's a constant fight of wills, he won't give up his principles, I find them stupid and irrational. He's very tradition oriented, I live in the present and don't care much about whatever happened past the purely pratical\informative aspect.
Succesful strategies: being the perfect child so he keeps paying for my studies.

Momma:hug: :ISFJ
Frequences of conflicts: -+
reason: I'm a slacker and she cares. Moms you know
Force of conflicts: ---
reason: never a 'real fight', lets people live, is my mom.

Notes :She's very, maybe too accepting of my extreme laziness, worries about me whenever she thinks something is wrong. Will buy me little presents from time to time.

Older Sister 1 (+4years) : ISTP
Doing things together: Will organise stuffs for me, I will try to look like I'm helping.

Older sister 2 (+14years): xNFx
Conflict: Wants cohesion and harmony within a group, therefore some minor conflicts may rise if I overstep boundaries by arguing too much.
Doing things together:: Will check on me, be helpful and try to provide solutions.
Is too generous with me, I never give anything back yet she keeps being nice. I'm planning on buying her something awesome if i'm rich one day.

Older brother (+12years): ENFP\ENTP
Conflict: none what so ever.
Working\doing together: Lets me do things my way and simply checks my ideas to see if it makes sense. Helps in a very pleasant non controlling way.
My idol, have always been my model in life, the cool big brother taking me on rides in his red fiat 500. Always sleeping over at friends place. Took him years to really get into professional life, is now the hard working type. As a teenager I got depressed, wasn't so outgoing anymore, yet everybody would always tell me I reminded them of him (wierd, I know). People still do.
Is always late, so am I.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Older sister 2 (+14years): xNFx
Conflict: Wants cohesion and harmony within a group, therefore some minor conflicts may rise if I overstep boundaries by arguing too much.
Doing things together:: Will check on me, be helpful and try to provide solutions.
Is too generous with me, I never give anything back yet she keeps being nice. I'm planning on buying her something awesome if i'm rich one day.

I wonder if my younger ENTP brother views me this way. I've certainly tolerated huge, heaping, steaming piles of his experimental, Devil's Advocate bullshit out of sororal love. The arguments are rare but in the past have culminated into terrifying Ni/Ne Kung Fu battles.
CTHD4.jpg

Occasionally I am forced to karate chop his brain in two when his belligerence gets out of control and he's obnoxiously spraying his Ne in people's faces (especially at family social events where his carelessness can undo my carefully orchestrated peace), but which he seems to recover from remarkably well. Occasionally he has karate chopped my heart in two and the result was ICY, enduring, (((echoing))) silence.

Other than that, we love each other! :cheese:

I have an SJ mother... we have a desire to be useful/practical in common and nothing else. My SJ step-mother and I nod and hug at the appropriate points in time and pointedly avoid each other at all other junctures.

My step-brother is an ISTP and avoids contacting me more than once a year for fear I'll learn something valuable/important about him. My probing nature has always fascinated and unnerved him. But he tentatively reaches out after several lunar cycles or so out of nostalgia, and though he won't admit it, necessity.

My INTP father & brother and I get along famously, as well as my ExFx brother who has Asperger's Syndrome.

In regards to my family, MBTI has been a most helpful tool.