• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

Kellyhere

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Me: ISTJ
Younger sister: INFP
Father: ISTJ
Mother: INFP

(nice pattern!)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP mom, INTP sister, ISTJ dad, ISFJ me. We got that Si/Ne deal goin' on.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Please note that there is already a massive thread on what types your family members are.

á´…eparted

passages
Mom: INFJ 9w8

We don't get along anymore. Despite her being my emotional rock growing up, being emotionally and mentally very close, and I owe her more than I could repay for being here today, she has jumped the shark, and I am no longer fond of her (despite me wanting to be fond of her). Around my late teens she became spiritual to the point of lunacy. She's now anti-vaccine, anti-modern medicine, and in general anti-science. She is utterly incapable of reasonable rational thought. I once had to force her to accept that sea salt does not contain less sodium, and yes the package label was lying. It took a solid 20 minutes and I am quite certain she cried over it. She frequently asks me to explain science to her, I do, and then she rejects what I tell her in place of what she wants to be true. It has driven me very far from her.

Dad: ESTJ 1w2

We did not get along well growing up. We've now come to a level of more or less mutual respect, but I can't say I'll be sad when he's gone either. We're simultenously exactly the same, and total opposite. We both have similar aggression, bluntness, and a driving "get shit done" attitude, but completely different moral and political outlets, and completely different ways and value with how we go about it. We also have a nasty habit of telling people what to do and giving unsolicited advice. Since he's the father, he subconsciously thinks he is the superior one and talks down to me quite frequently and tries to not let me have my own independent thoughts. That doesn't work anymore, ha! Despite that he's a very good person who'd jump infront of a bullet to save someone who he cares about. He's very much a "show care through actions" person, which is something I am kinda blind to.

Duffy

Dad is eSTP 3w4. Not much of a relationship. I'm pretty indifferent to him.

Mom is ISfJ 6w5. She is actually similar to Hard's mom in that she has a tendency to believe bullshit (that weak ass Ti). Only difference lies in her penchant for paranoia and abusiveness. She's also what you would call ego-syntonic, in other words, the type of person that is incapable of seeing something which contradicts their self image - in this case, a self image of being a "good" person.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
New thread merged with extensive existing thread on the same topic.

AUDARASHTESLA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Mother:isfj (she cares way too much and we can't get along well)
Sis: esfp (and she sucks, tho my mum says her personality hasn't shaped yet)
Father: he refuses to take the test but i guess he's an extj and definitely the most intriguing character I've ever seen.
Me: intj

Madisonclark

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so
Dad: INTP
Mom: ESFJ
Bro #1: ISFJ
Bro #2: ISTJ
Bro #3: ISFP
Sis #1: ISFP

I have more siblings, but they're too young to type.

Best friends are ENFP, ESTJ, and ISFP.

Tater

mom - entj 2w3
dad - estj 1w9

the most common type among my friends is xntp.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Family Type Update!

Mom: IXFJ idk about S/N. She says she's intuitive (like using the conventional definition), but she's very detail oriented.

Dad: ESTP

Sister #1 INFP 9w1 2

Sister #2 INFP so Idk about ennegram. I'm thinking 7w6, 6w7, or maybe even 2w1.

Part of me wonders if she is an E, but she views herself as an introvert. She's only 14 so it may be hard to tell, and wouldn't be surprised if she is identifying as introvert because it's trendy.

99% certain that both my sisters are feelers.

It's funny how my sisters got the same type on both the mbti and enneagram tests. INFP 2.

Lillita

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
34 yo brother: INFP
His wife: INFJ
28 yo sister: INFP
Her SO: INTJ
22 yo sister: ISFP
No idea for parents and remaining two siblings, but the above shared theirs.

Gypsy-Flux

How I see them...

Father: ISTJ = strict, domineering, stubborn, intelligent
Brother (middle): ISTJ = hard worker, dedicated, intelligent, unemotional
Sister (youngest): ESFP = social butterfly, scattered, emotionally reactive, well-traveled

Mother: not sure but most likely ISFJ = devoted, low-key, habitual, fearful

~ my father and my brother took the test long ago and if I remember correctly father got INTJ and brother got ISTP... so there's that

WolfRayet

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
Mom: INTP
Dad: ESTJ
Brother: INFP
1st Half Brother: INFP
2nd Half Brother: ENFP
Step Brother: INFP
Step Sister: INFP

Me(the odd man out): (Ar)NTJ

For those of you that don't know what (Ar) stands for it is a reserved ambivert.

ChrisFergusonFl

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
2x3
Mom. ENTP.

Bro. ISFJ.

Me. ENTI.

Dad. ESFP.

Dad and I give advice each other.

Mom and Bro are protective of each other.

Bro and I can't read each other's minds the way my mom and bro can to together.

Parents are cold towards each other.

Mom and I are patient with each other.

Dad and Bro are unstable with each other.

mom - entj 2w3
dad - estj 1w9

the most common type among my friends is xntp.

That's a relationship between two people who don't judge each other regardless of what happens.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
All of my coworkers are introverts, only a matter of heavier introvert or a lighter introvert, but no surprise. We work alone.

My dad is a super stubborn ISTP. Exactly the opposite characteristic *and* approach to every single big or little thing I do. It occurs that when I talk or listen to him, I always have to use my secondary abilities so much that it is as if my true self never surfaced at all. It always make me want to cry. I take his views, but if I am not the rational die hard fact taker and opposes him too much, he gets all intuitive "I feel I feel" and touchy. He reacts the worst way possible if I throw feelings and nonsential talk to him, and it gets him very irritated. Most of the time I can only put up with his negative ideals and dreamworld, and can say nothing about it, except for points that I see that he would agree. He even make himself a world of people of certain characteristic to shut down and deny him from recieving info that contradicts from his ideal, especially those that he looked at in a way that will hurt his old thoughts - many times he would rather take things negatively so he can feel right, rather than spending effort to correct anything at all, and nothing at all will change his "ideal" world. That aspect I found him more like an INFJ. Some kind of INFJ that I won't like to deal with.

The cognitive function of my mbti infj and his would be a very good explaination, but way before I was in mbti I already knew it, but not in terms of mbti - my tertiary and inferior are his dominant and auxiliary, and vice versa. Personally I hate living in such a dream world, although for that I knew its not true for all infj. Real world with dreams is much better than a fake one.

Next up, my mum. She is an ISFJ in the way that we handle things and matters very similar to each other. Little does she knows, because of dad's dominance (refer to my description above) over her, which I think is a pity, she got very exellent rational skills and very good at people too. She is very helpful and make a lot of friends in areas she once worked, and her students liked her during her teaching job. The only thing she aint that good at is direction, which I suck too, but she is much more worst than I am. She don't images well, and when she lost her way, it would be problematic because she can't quite recognize places she has not been to. (Hey dont you know at least that the look of the area is not “right”. Wrong way mum, we have not been here lol) We seem to get the same feeling hands down, similar thought without dad's interference, we feel ok together. The only difference she recieve her facts in a way that is different from myself, but we process it pretty much the same way.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Father: IxTJ
Mother: ESFJ
Sister: ESFP

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me: ENFP (typed myself as an INFP for a while due to depression)

Biological dad: Don't know him well enough to guess or have him take the test but judging from past behavior, INTJ.
Stepdad: ISTJ
Mom: ESxJ

Sister: ESFP
Brother: Reserved so I'm guessing introvert right now, but that may change as he gets older. I'm thinking INFJ.

Last edited: