• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

Ingrid in grids

My mother, I suspect, is the same type as me. My father is ESFP. One of my sisters is clean-cut ESFJ. The other sister is harder to place.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJ Parents, who I don't get along very well with, so I try to keep myself under the radar.
ENFJ Brother, who makes me feel awesome.
And currently, an ESTP roommate, whom I love dearly.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Brother and Father both ENTJ
Mother didn't humor me in taking the test herself, and I'm not experienced in the MB enough to type her on my own

My two best friends are ISFJ

I am curious to meet my own kind though since I don't believe I've been around one long enough to create a lasting friendship and to know what an ENFP/ENFP relationship feels like.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dad's an ESTJ, and hates anything to do with feelings.

I think my mom's an ENFJ. My parents are a wonderful mix. My dad needs to give him more affection.

One of my sister's is an ISFJ, but she also tested an an INFJ. It could go either way, but she is not a very abstract person.

My youngest sister is an ESFP, and is annoying, mean, and sweet at the same time.

One of my best friends' is an ESFJ. She's so uplifting and outgoing. Idk how I can stand her, but she makes good company. One of my other friends is an ISFJ and lets people walk over her too much.

I'm still not sure what my type is. But if my family looked at the ISTJ stereotypes then they would have an amazing time. Maybe I am one, but I feel like I'm too unpractical, and lazy.

There are so much sensors in my life.

Ida

All of these, myself included, are best guesses:

Me: enfp
Husband: entp
Mother: infp slight chance of infj
Brother: entp
Sister in law 1: intj
Niece 1: estp? Maybe istp?
Niece 2: esfp
Mother in law: isfj
Father in law: maybe intp? Definitely introverted, the rest is close
Sister in law 2: infp

Very few judging types in the family...

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mom: ENFP
Dad: ISTJ
Sister: INTP

Maternal Grandma: ISFJ
Maternal Grandpa: xSTJ?
Paternal Grandma: Dead, never knew her. But my step-grandma is an ISFJ.
Paternal Grandpa: ISTP??

Uncle: ENFJ possibly?
Aunt: ENTJ? ENTP would be second guess

I have no cousins

Friend #1: ISTJ
Friend #2: ISFJ
Friend #3: ISTJ
Friend #4: INTJ

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Here are all the types of my closest loved ones that I have confirmed ( telling you what I think of all of them would take up ten pages)
Mom-ISFJ
brother-ISFJ
sister-ESFJ
Best friend-ENFP
Aunt-INTP
cousin-ENFP
Uncle-ISTP
Brother-ESTJ
I have yet to confirm the other 30-50 people close to me, but I think a good portion of them use Ne and Si rather than Ni and Se.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I have done my close family already in this thread. I do seem to have a few ESFJ friends who I am very close with. I like their motherliness and loyalty, they are also super fun to hang out with and are REALLY super good at knowing appropriate responses in social situations...and clean!

I do also have a couple of NT friends who I rarely see but are good to debate and constructively argue with until the wee hours (despite appearances they mostly have squishy centres). Ummm oh I tend to get on with ENFP guys more than ENFP girls, I find them really good to bounce ideas off but for some reason I just feel like the ENFP girls I know are too flakey and manipulative. Could be just the ones i know irl though as I seem to have made a few online who are pretty cool. Oh I do have one INFJ girlfriend who I adore, I haven't seen her in years and years but I know we think of each other loads... it's that type of friendship... she is warm and loving and has a great sparkiness.

Edit also an ISFP girl who i get along really well with, have a good flow and never seem to have anything to disagree about, though it is a bit samey samey.
Oh probably enough for now.

sonictard

Mostly S types, ESTJs, ISTJs, ESFJs, ISFJs, ESFPs, ISFPs...

feel quite casted out...but, i dont care, Im Enn. 7 and live my life as I wish...

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I kinda feel like my dad is more of an EXFP now. Kind of leaning towards ENFP.

I'm pretty sure one of my other friends is an ENTJ.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me: ENFJ
Husband: ENTP
Dad:ESTJ (not sure)
Mom: INTJ
Sister and brother: INFP
Youngest sister : INFJ
Best friend: ESTP

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My two best friends are ESFJ and ESFP. Love my ESFJ friend, although we're very different. When we go grocery shopping together (which we do quite often), she's usually all dressed up and looks like she's going to a night club, while I look like I just got out of bed. I adore her for how much she has her life and priorities together. Love my ESFP friend all the same, but he's an idiot. His Fi is way out of control and there's not one single subject in the whole world we agree on. Is always there for me though, and genuinely cares.

Other friends of mine have all kinds of types, but mostly FJs. Generally get along with feelers much better than thinkers. My mom is an ENFJ, my brother an ISFP and my dad something stupid probably.

Owtoo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Me: INFP
Mother: ISFJ
Sister (older): INFP
One of my two best friends, who is also a cousin: ISFJ
The other best friend: INTP

I'm not sure what my father was. Possibly INFP as well maybe.

gappy

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
3w4
Me: INFJ
Sister (youngest): ENFP
Sister (third youngest): INFP
Sister (2nd Oldest): ISFJ
Sister (oldest): INFP
Mom: INFP
Dad: ISTJ
Brother: ISTP

A family of introverts. Lol.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
So let's talk about my squad, me (-NTJ)
ESTJ
INFP * 2
INFJ
ESFP
ENTP
ENFP

No INTPs I kick them out.

Hank

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dad: ESTJ.
Mom: INFx. There's strong Fe there, but I also get a lot of Fi. I've never been able to narrow down the type of intuition. Not-too-obvious intuition and strong Fe says INFJ to me, but I'm never quite sure. Every once in a while, she'll give off an INFP vibe.
Sister: ISTJ.
Moi: ENFP.

My closest friends are INFP, ENFP (x2), ISTJ (x2), and INTJ.

LinneaS

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me (INFP)
Mom (INFJ)
Dad (xxTx) Don't really know him
Twin sister (INTJ) She really gets on my nerves sometimes with her arrogance!
Brother (ENFP)
Sister (ISFP)
Sister (ISFJ)
Best friend (INFP too!) So I haven't really felt different with both her and my INFJ mom.

Heaven's Child

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mum: ISFJ
Dad: ENTP
me: INFP

I get along pretty well with both of my parents and I'm really happy that they are so supportive of my interests. My dad likes to joke around a lot and plays tricks on me from time to time but I'm used to it. Still, he sometimes manages to get me in situations where I have no idea if he's serious or not.

My best friend is an INFJ and I'm really glad that I have her. We can talk for hours about our interests but we can also just lie next to eachother without saying anything for hours. Then, there's a very nice ESFJ. I've known him for a long time and I really like spending time with him although he always tries to push me out of my comfort zone. It's so much fun to be around him and I'm really glad that I have a friend like that.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
. My mom is an ENFJ

You must be really blessed to have a mom like me (ENFJ) [emoji18] I hope everything works fine for you and have a nice day [emoji56]

xXMariahXx

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Father
ENTJ

Mother
ISFP

Older brother
INFP

Me

Younger sister
IxFP as a child. Is now ESFP adult.

Younger brother
ENTP

My best friends have been ENFPs.
My dream is to one day have an INFJ best friend.

Last edited: