• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

Velvet_Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Dude, I dedicated a whole day just to figuring out my family and friends' types. It was just endless fun for me and my friend, who is also very much into personality typing.

Me--INFP. Almost ISFP, according to the test.

Mom--INFJ Very suiting, and she liked that her's was the least common. XD
Dad--ENFP. My mom and I were close, we thought he was ESFP. It's sweet (in a cute way) to find that they have supposedly perfect match personalities.

Brother---Also INFJ. He's actually studying to be a psychiatrist.
1st Sister---Didn't get to test her, but I would probably say ESFP. Not sure on S or P. (Maybe her perfectionism makes me think she's a J...)
2nd Sister---ESTJ. Through and through, though she can be F.
3rd Sister---ESFJ. We have supposedly perfect match personalities, which I guess could have developed from how close we were as kids, though I tend to think maybe we just magnetized BECAUSE we had perfect match personalities. (Note: This sister seems to be much more of a thinker over the past few years, so it's possible she always was one.)
4th Sister---ENTP. Really, you would love her. I thought she was weird as a little kid, but now I realize I relate to her more than any of my other sisters, probably to do with that NP going on.

Best friend (girl): ISFJ, though she seems to new acquaintances to be E and T.
Best friend (guy): INFJ? Is it just me or is it hardest to type those you are closest to? I have thought this over quite a lot and I find this is probably what he is, either that or he has my type. I know he had to be NF because we had that 'almost telepathic' communication going on. It was really fun to speak in half sentences and totally frustrate aforementioned best girl friend. (I speak of him in past tense but still include him because even though I've moved and we have fallen off from talking anymore, I still consider him my best friend.)

Typing this out, I just realized that I am the only one of my sisters who is introverted. Q.Q Considering that my three older siblings have already moved out, I guess it's more balanced, having three extraverts and two introverts at home. And, to be fair, my younger sister (Sister #3) is more of a half and half on extra vs. introversion. So I guess that makes up for it. =)

Last edited:

Velvet_Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]

I totally agree with this; my dad is the same way. It's hard not to get along with him. His own dad stunted his creative side some as a kid, but it still shows up in his mechanical ingenuity.

beline

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Me(Female):ENTJ
Father:ENFP
Mother:ENFJ
Sibling:xNTJ (He's very flexible with his behaviour: Very private, moody, and does not like being approached; but is a gifted speaker, influential and charismatic in a social setting)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think my stepdad is ISFP. Which would make my mom and him a strange pair.... ISFJ + ISFP. Hmm. Might work.
My stepmom is ESFJ, which means my ISTJ dad can't stop falling for SFJs. :alttongue:

MentalCraft

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
My father is an ISFP. My mother is an ESFJ and I have an ENTJ cousin and that is all I really know..my friend is an INFP and my best friend is an ESTP

leahzuo

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me: ISTP (female, 21)

Mom: ESTJ
Dad: INTJ
Sibling: ISTJ (female, 17)
Sibling: ESTP (female, 14)

These are all guesses, but ones that I've spent a lot of time thinking about :) The interesting thing is that I'm a rather social ISTP, while I believe my youngest sister to be an asocial ESTP.
My parents were both born and raised in China, where NTJ/STJ types are overrepresented, I think. And we're a whole buncha thinkers, apparently.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me: INFJ

Dad: ISTJ
Mom: ENFP

My father's entire extended family, as far as I the ones I know, are all SJ with the exception of his cousin who's a female ESTP.

My mother's parents and sister are SJ. Her brother is ESTP.

The only intuitives I know of in my extended family are my mother and one of my mother's sister's sons, who's INFP.

S

Stansmith

Mom: ISFJ 2w3

Dad: ISxJ 6w?

Maternal grandma: INTJ

Paternal Grandpa: ISTP 8w9; he was a real life version of Clint Eastwood's character from the Dollars trilogy.

Paternal grandma: ISTJ 1w?

Maternal aunts: ENTJ, ESFP, ISFP

Maternal uncle: ENTP

Paternal aunts: ENFP 7w6 (she's awesome), IxxP, IxFP, ESFJ

Paternal Uncles: ISFP, ISTP, ESTP, ISFJ, ISTJ

Maternal cousins: ENTJ 8, ESFJ 3w2, ENFJ, ENFP 7w6, ISFP 9w8, ESFP 7w8, ENTP 7w8

Paternal cousins: ISFP 7w8, INFP 6w7, ENFJ 3w2, ISTP 6w5, ISFJ 9w1, ENFJ 6w5, ISFJ, ESTP 9w8, ISFP 9w8, ISTJ

Friends: ENTJ, ISFJ, INFJ, ENFJ, ESFJ, ESFP, ESTP, INTP

Meda

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me: ISTJ

Mom: INTJ
Dad: ENFP

At least that's what they have routinely tested as for 15 years, and it seems to be accurate.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me: ENFP

Mom: ESFJ
Dad: ENFJ (conflict during the teen years, but we connect with our Ne's on a real level)
Sister: ISFJ
Sister: ISTJ

Bibliophile

MBTI Type
INTJ
Me: INTJ

Mom: ISTJ
Dad: ISFJ
Brother: ESFP or ESFJ

Friends: INFJ, ISFJ, ENTP, and others

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mom: ISTJ
Father: ISTP
Younger brother: ESFP
Older brother: ESFJ
Me: IxFP

JuneBugJay

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so
Mother: ISTJ

Father: ENTP

Younger brothers: INFP and INTJ

Older sister: ISTP

Younger sister: (too young to understand MBTI but I think she is ESFP)

Best friend: INTP

Me: ISFJ

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me: INFP
Mother: ISFJ