• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

celeste

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mother: ISFJ
Father: ISTP
Myself: INFP
Sister (younger): ESFP

(I married an ESTJ and we have two daughters: ISTJ (oldest), ENFx (youngest))

Nic

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Me: INTP
Mom: ISFJ
Dad: ESTJ
Stepfather: ISTJ
Stepmother: ESFP
Husband: INTP (No one answers the phone in our house, and there are four computers in the living room)

I have a lot of xNFP and xNTP friends.

S

SingSmileShine

I'm an ENFP with an ENFJ mother and an ISFP (though I also see a lot of ISTP? definitely ISxP; he tested ISFP but I don't really believe it!) father.

My two best friends are also ENFPs. :)

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ
Mother: IS(?)FJ
Father: ENTJ(?)
Not all of my 5 other siblings have taken the test, but of those who have;
1 Sister: ENFP
1 Sister: ISFJ
1 Brother: ENFP
I Am: ESTP

I get along best with the ISFJ family members, we relate best with the "S". With my father it was more like annoyance between us, then we evolved to physical conflicts because of his commanding nature and my immediate to response to all loud mouthed authority; mockery and antagonizing. He is easy to aggravate and I love to aggravate. My mother and I only formed a relationship as I became an adult, she was absent prior.

Friends: ENFP x 3 (and we seldom exchange so rapidly these days, it's the NF part that wears on me, and the ST part that kills them slowly) ISTJ, INFP x 2, ESTP, INFJ (we argue, all the time, but seemingly find ourselves talking again)

My mother has a very tight bond with my ENFP sister, but there is nothing between the ISFJ daughter, who is begging for a relationship from my mother. I find that ironic. But not entirely.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mother: ISFP
Father: INTJ
Sister: ESFP (close to my age)
Brother: ISTP (9 years younger than me)

I grew up with some very, very independent people, haha. In a very Fi/Te household.

Closest friend: ENFP
Other close friends: IXFP (she seriously defies typing) and ESFJ

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My mom is an ISFJ... she's the only family I'm really around all the time. It's usually pretty interesting...

mikamickmac

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so
Don't know what my ex was but she must be of a type that forms a relationship with INTP that takes more work than either of us was prepared to put in.

Our 15 year old son tested ESFJ. I haven't seen the E yet but his social situations seem to be dominated by school activities and his on-line gaming, neither of which I have observed a lot of.

We typed my sisters family at a barbecue last week.

My sister came out as ISFJ but the S was very borderline.

She was very shy as a teenager but we were very close. I often thought she fell for her first true love and, now, husband of 23 years, because he was similar to me. We were both the same height (6'2), similar weight, same coloured hair and some people thought we were brothers.

Well, it turns out he's INTJ which, apparently, can behave similar to the INTP to the untrained eye. So maybe my thinking on why she was initially attracted to him is not far from the mark - she was very shy and he was "familiar" to her in a way.

Their 21 yr old son is an ENTP and had to shout out his intellectualism to the world via Facebook the moment he found out.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Mother: ISFJ
Father: ENTP
Brothers: INFP, INTP
Myself: INFP

Even among the array of such different types, we have the most discord in communication. My mother is the most unappreciated type of all, being the only S/J in the family. All the Ns live in our abstract minds... yet we never interact on the same wavelength. The older I get, the more this becomes apparent.

My INFP brother has ADHD, is quite volatile, and has a speech cluttering impediment. My INTP brother has very early conceded to find communication with us unproductive (with the exception of my father). However, my father is not the best listener and not the family man type.

It's a divorced family, but none of us are close to one another. It kind of hurts on the inside. :(

Curious_Kitty

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Me: INFP
Mother: INFJ (what she tested)
I don't really know my father at all.
So my grandparents
Grandpa: ESTP (very educated guess)
Grandma (when she was alive): ISFJ (also an educated guess)
Brother: He tested ENFP when I made him do it...I kinda doubt he is though. More ISFP-ish.
My other 2 siblings are a little young, so I will still take a stab at what I think their type is (will develop into)..
2nd Brother: ESTX
Sister: INFJ

My fiance and father of my children: INTP or INTJ
My best friends: INFX (lives in a different state), INFP, and ENFJ.

A married couple we are friends with: Male - ISTJ Female - ENFP (educated guess)

Sigil

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Mother: ESFP
Father: ESTJ
Brother: ESFP

Not the most relaxing environment for an INTJ. Got out of that house as I soon as I could.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dad: ISFJ 6w5 So/Sx
Mom: INFP 4w5 Sp/Sx
Lil'bro: ENFP 7w8 So/Sp
Me: ISTP 6w7 Sx/So

I'm the only Thinker of my family, that's not always funny.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Dad: ENFP 7w6 so/sx
Mom: ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
Older Brother: INTP 3w4 sx/sp
Twin Brother: ENFP 9w8 so/sp
Me: INFP 6w7 sp/so

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mom: IxFx
Dad: ENTJ
Brother: ISTP
Grandmother: ISFJ
Me: INFP

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mother: Ne-INFj 6w7 sx/so (CP)
Father: Fe-ISFp 9w8 (variant unsure)
Brother: too young to type
Me: Ti-ESTp 8w7 sx/so-sp (midline)

Aunt #3: Te-ESTj 3w2 so/sp

Cousins - Aunt #3
1st: No clue, could be Se-ESTp 6w7/8w7 sx/so
2nd: No clue
3rd: Fe-ENFj 3w2/6w7 so something
4th: Fe-ENFj/Fe-ISFp 6w7 variant unsure
5th no clue

Ukon

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mother: INFJ
Father: INFJ
Brother: ENFP
Sister: ENFP
I'm the odd one out, and the only T. Although, my brother isn't stereo-typically F. He loves debates even if he dislikes conflict, and can take criticism relatively well (But I've learned not to criticize his taste in music). My sister might actually be INFP, I'm not sure. She's extroverted in some aspects, yet introverted in others. She spends a lot of time alone, and becomes shy when in public. But she also likes talking to people a lot and being as loud as she can when watching sports.

But both my parents are definitely INFJs. My dad's a little more laid back though, while mommy is kind of a worrier. She means well!

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me (16) - ENFP
Sister (11) - ISFP? Hard to know yet.
Father (41) - ENTJ
Mother (40) - ENFJ

When younger, I used to have hard times with my dad. I can't stand his need for efficiency and organization, it's annoying. But nowadays we get along pretty well together, even with so obvious differences.

My best male friends are: ISFJ, ENTP, ENTJ, ISTP and ISFP.
And best female friends are: INFP, ESTJ, ENFJ

The ones I like the most are the ENTP, the ISTP and the INFP.

G

garbage

Postin' again because I was wrong the first time. My first post in here labeled me and two others in my family as ENTJ. Whoops.

Me: ENFP 6w5 or 3w4 so/sx
Dad: ENTP 7w6 so/sp
Mom: ISFJ 1w2 sp/so
Sister: ESFJ 7w6 so/sx

The girl: ENFJ 6w7 so/sx

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mom: ENFP
Dad: INTJ
Brother: ISxJ
Sister: xNTx
Other sister: ExFx

Friends: ESTPs, INFPs, INFJ, ESFP. The Fs are emotionally open friends, STs are more playfully open friends though(the ones I know best are underage male/female so that may be why. I have never went down the emotionally open path with either male/female ESTP in person) the INFPs seem to be both playfully open as well as emotionally(maybe its just me though, I dont know). Just where they are the most comfortable. Most of my friends are women.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me: INFP 6w7 Sx/Sp (instinctual variant questionable)

Family:

Mom: I dunno, she died when I was 4. From what people tell me... ENFP 7w8 Sx/So
Dad, (40): ESTJ 6w5 Sp/So (counterphobic, idolizes 3s for some reason)
Youngest sister, (11): ESFJ 2w3 So/Sp
Younger sister, (15): ENFP 8w7 Sp/Sx
Older sister, (25): INFP 8w7 Sx/Sp
Older aunt, (37): ESFJ 2w1 So/Sx
Younger aunt, (33): ESTP 7w6 Sx/Sp (serious Se/Fe loop going on, also VERY hedonistic)
Grandmother, (59): ESFJ 2w1 So/Sp
Grandfather-in-law, (68(?)): INFP 8w9 So/Sp (cool as fuck)
Aunt-in-law, (22(?)): ENFP 7w8 Sx/So (the most extraverted person I have ever met...)
ex-Grandfather(?), (68(?)): ISTP 8w9 Sp/Sx (highly integrated to 2)
Grandmother-in-law, (54(?)): ISFJ 2w3 Sp/So
Aunt-in-law, (20): ESFP 7w6 So/Sx (loves to bake, loves people)
Uncle, (32): INTJ 3w4 Sp/Sx (the biggest badass I have ever met; awesome with the ladies)
Uncle-in-law, (41): ESTP 8w7 Sx/Sp
Youngest cousin (male), (8): ESFP 7w6 Sp/So (kind of young to type)
Older cousin (male), (20): INTP 4w3 Sx/Sp (pretty much classic emo)
Oldest cousin (female), (22): ENFJ 3w2 Sx/So

Best Friends:

(already described most of them)
male, (20) ENFP 7w6 Sp/Sx
male, (17) INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
male, (17) INTP 5w4 Sp/Sx
male, (15) ENFP 7w8 Sx/So
female, (18) ENFP 8w9/7w8 hybrid Sx/Sp (mmmm...)
male, (17) ENFP 4w3 Sx/Sp
male, (18) INFP 8w9 Sx/Sp

Other Friends:

three males, (15, 17, and 18), INTJ 5w4 Sp/Sx (all are a part of an intellectual friend group)
male, (18) ENTP 7w8 Sx/Sp (excellent use of Ne and Ti, but hard to tell if he is really Si inferior as opposed to Fe inferior; integrated to 5)
male, (16) ISFP 7w8 Sx/So
male, (14) ENTP 7w6 Sp/Sx
female, (17) ENTP 7w6 Sx/Sp
female, (15) INFP 4w5 Sx/Sp (Fi/Si loop, but still also "mmmm...")
male, (16) ESTP 7w8 Sp/So (no doubts on this whatsoever)
male, (17) ENFP 7w6 Sx/Sp (kind of 'out there')
female, (17) ENFP 7w6 Sx/So
male, (17)ENFP 7w8 Sx/Sp (big time pot head right here lol)
male, (18) ENTP 7w6 Sx/So (highly integrated to 5, likes to humor people)
male, (18) ESTJ 1w2 So/Sp (crazy Christian moralist, but he is integrated to 7 and likes to have fun within his beliefs)
male, (18) INFP 4w5 Sp/Sx (completely kick-ass)
male, (18) ISTJ 6w5 Sp/So (good guy, but the most helpless person I have ever met...)
male, (17) INTP 8w9 Sp/Sx (kind of hard to describe... doesn't say a word unless you talk to him, and he's really, really chilll, until someone fucks with him)
male, (18) INTP 5w4 Sp/Sx (highly disintegrated to 7 and completely lost in his own world, arrogant, somewhat sociopathic; he likes to talk to me because it seems like I'm the only one who will listen to him)

Last edited: