• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

darude11

MBTI Type
INTP
Me (male): INTP
Mother: XXFX (I haven't typed her for now, if I will, I will edit this post)
Father: ISTJ
Brother:
-> older - ESTX (This one is really hard...)
-> younger - XSTX (For now I typed him as IP, but he is really hard to type too)
Sister: XSFJ

I always tought that the greatest problems in typing are at point, where you have to type your family.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me: INTP
Father: ISTP
Mother: Probably an Enneagram type 6; I can't figure out her MBT. All I know for sure is that she's a Sensor.
Sister: ISFP

Grandfather (Mom's side): probably ENFJ

Friend 1: ESFP
Friend 2: ISFP
Friend 3: INTJ
Friend 4: ENFP
Friend 5: xSTP

spleen

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
My, dad, he is an ISTJ.
So, whenever I do something horrible, its like. I have failed him. He does not have to say anything to me, because, that silence is...yiiikes.

My bro is an Intj. We use to full-out hate each other, but we are good, but, he thinks that, when Im not being monitored, Im immediately going to go party and do 'bad stuff'. Ridiculous.

My sis is an Esfj/Esfp. Its incredible how annoying a person can be. Its every sentence. I apparently have three years, by her judgment, to get married to some guy that is hot, muscular, maybe a pro athlete, maybe God.

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm an INFP. Mum's an ESTJ. Dad's an ISTP. They took MBTI test so I'm quite sure about their types. I think my INFP-ness is a rebellion against all that ST. I hate it when they tell me to do the easiest thing, to follow the rules. Parents should tell you: "Do the thing you think it's right".

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mom- INTJ
Dad- ESTJ
Sister- ENFP

My best friend whom Ive known more than half my life is a male ISTJ. Most of my close girlfriends are ENFP, with the exception of one INFJ, and a fabulously gay male ENFP.

storybrook

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Mom: ENFJ, as best as I can guess.
Dad: ISTP
Me (eldest): ENTP
Brother: INFP

A few of my closest friends are ENTP, ESFJ, ISTP, ESTP, and ISFP. I have no idea how I ended up hanging out with so many artisans! Maybe I like their just-do-it attitude.

Sunshiney

MBTI Type
INFP
I have the...."blessing"...of living with a ESTJ father who seriously needs some extreme emergency growing up to do, I don't even want to start on him, and an ESFP mother. They don't get along well and to be frank I honestly can say I'd rather my dad be in jail right now for plenty of personal reasons I'd rather not mention...

But on the bright side, I get along with ironically my dad's side of the family very easily. Most of them are types that are easy to get along with. I especially get along with my cousin, who's type I'm not sure of but I know it's the type that is naturally wonderful with children and pets, and smothers them to no end. That's definitely her (she showed us more than 20 tricks she taught her dog to do!)

Oh, I'm an INFP by the way. :)

may as well add that my few close friends are almost all ENFJs (one is an INXJ).

mmm, let me make this post simpler.
me: INFP
mom: ESFP
dad: ESTJ
closest cousin: ISFP
and my two best friends are an XNFJ and XNTJ

Last edited:

Silveresque

I'm the only perceiving type in a family of judging types, which gets annoying at times. My dad and brother are INTJ's and my mom's an INFJ.

elyona

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
4w5
Me: INFP
Mother: ENFP
Father: ISTP
Younger Brother: INFP
Older Brother: EsTp

Grandmother (mother's side): ENFJ
Grandfather (father's side): ESTP
Closest cousin: ESFP

Closest friends: INFP, INTP, INtP, iNTP, iSFp, EnFP

changeling

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Me: ENFJ
Husband: ISTP
Daughter: INFP
Son: ENTJ

Mother: ISTJ
Dad: A narcissit who defies typing...

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mother: ESFP 2w3 meathead
Brother: ESFP 9w8/7w6/2w3 idk (can be his tritype) dumbfuck
Father: ESFP 7w6 manwhore

I did not care to include their variants.

foxonstilts

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
3w8
Me: ENTP 7w8 sx/sp

Friends:
ESFP 8w7 or 7w8
ENFP 9w1
INFJ
ESFJ 6

Family:
Mother- ENTJ 3w2
Father- ESTP

sceadugenga

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
SO - INTP

My two closest friends are an ENFP and an ISFP.

Brother - ISTP
Mother - Maybe ISFJ.
Father - I have no idea.

G

Glycerine

Dad: 3w2 ESFJ is a excellent provider, pretty hands-off, encourager, an excellent people person. I don't really know my dad that well but we bond over war history, stupidity, mindless action flicks, food, sex/raunchy jokes I give him fashion advice. We clashed because we can both have pretty strong personalities. To fix things, he has to try everything out even if I tell him why it won't work. Also, he's one of the most short-tempered people I know so although we are both Fe dom, I only partially relate to him.

Mom: 9w1 INFP is very caring, loving, sweet, and genuine. She will go 110% for you. She's one of the nicest people you'll meet. We are pretty close because she is my sounding board and I to her. However, I have to walk on egg shells around her... I have to stay fairly politically correct around her or else she gets offended (the word, "crap" used to offend her). When she gets offended, she becomes passive aggressive until someone apologizes. On top of that, she can be very overbearing will all of her input on almost everything and will manipulate you to do it her way (regarding the input).

Overall, they are pretty good parents.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Practically everyone has an xxFJ mother, mostly xSFJ, with an awful lot of ESFJs. Quite a few ENFJs as well.

I seriously doubt that this is actually the case. I'm inclined to think that this has a lot to do with social roles, or with what people find annoying... A lot of people who complain about their mother annoying them say they have an ESFJ.

I mean, is it really only xxFJ or xSFJ women who reproduce?

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
I already posted here, but I want to say more than "ESTJ and ISTP parents".
-Grandmum is xSFJ so/sp, trying to control me and being quite manipulative, but she just can't. She cares a lot about looks and "what people say". We fight (though I usually don't like conflict).
-Grandad is xSFP sp/so, all about having fun (and he's almost 70 lol)
-the other grandad is ESTJ I guess, the other grandmum died before my birth.
-Cousins: ESTP, ISFP and xSFP, but we aren't close. I don't like any of my relatives but my INTP and INxP uncles.

Friends:
-2 ISFJ closest female friends: they didn't look interesting at first. It works because they like me and they can take out my feelings from the deep place where I hide them.
-ENFJ male: not sure about his type. He's kinda of a doctor for me, making me feel loved and happier and less passive.
-ISTP male: we're distant but our minds are in contact. I support him and he supports me, without any sweet useless words.
-INTP male: don't know if we're friends. He's magnetic. Others say we're the same. He avoids physical contact and jokes, is always too respectful with me. I'd like to talk about our way to see the world. I want to swim in his soul, see all his thoughts and tell him "you're ok, don't be ashamed of what you are".

Ex-best friends: ESFP, ESFP, ISTJ.
Ex-crushes: ISFP, ESFP, ENFP. And an ENTP when I was 7 xD

chance_of_rain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Me: INFP 6w4 sx/so/sp

Mother: ESFJ
Father: INFJ
Stepfather: ISxP

(added for the heck of it)
Friends: mostly xNFP, xNTx, or xSFP.
Exes: INTJ, ESFP, ENFP, IxFJ, and ISxJ

Evening

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
Myself: INxP.
Dad: ISTx. He's very much J in practice, being rather precisely organised, but he's got a huge Ti going on there.
Mother: ISFJ. Weak S though, probably.
Brother: ISTP, with a weak I.

Best Friend: INTJ. I was convinced she was an INTP for years, although her stubborness in thinking the opposite has convinced me.
Ex: xNFP. Our similarity pretty much made the relationship almost insufferably intense and destroyed it.
Other friends:-
ISFP: - I'm pretty sure she feels inferior of me at the moment. Which is ironic because I felt exactly the same towards her a few years ago. On the surface we have a lot of uncanny similarities, but we function so differently underneath. She might actually be an INFJ, but I doubt it.
ESFP: - Just... awesome. We're so different and it makes our friendship relentlessly fun. We both revel in our shared P.

I doubt I can barely begin to type everyone else.