• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Me :)smile: ) INFP
Mom - ESTJ
Dad - ISTJ

Does anybody else think it's strange to see such a combo?

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Mom - ISFJ
Dad - INTP
Sister - INFP
Brother - Untestable, but IXXJ. I suspect that if he hadn't been developmentally disabled, he would have tested ISTJ, but it's hard to say.
Me - INFJ

A house full of occasionally imbalanced introverts. I wouldn't have it any other way. Seriously, going out into the extraverted world was pretty tough sometimes because I was used to quiet spaces where nobody really got in my face.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Me - INFJ

Mom - ESFJ
Dad - ISTP
Brother #1 - ISTP
Brother #2 - ESTP
Brother #3 - ENFP

This is all just speculation, not for sure. I am for sure that my mom and I are the only J's. >___> It's very obvious too. My 3rd brother is only 11, so I'm not really quite sure if he is an 'S' or an 'N' yet. I'm picking 'N' for now because he does have a a pretty big imagination.

alicia91

Me - ISFJ

Father - INTP
Mother - ISFP
Sister - ESFP
Sister - ISTX
Sister - INTX

Just my best guesses. I'm wondering if birth order has anything to do with it. I'm the oldest child and the only OBVIOUS J-type.

My own kids (using the Nuture by Nature book)

Husband - ENTX
Daughter - ESFP
Son - XSFX
Son - ENFP or XNXP (he's only 9 and has ADHD)

Not a lot of J's in my life! Wonder where mine came from?

Last edited:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Father - ENFP
Mother - INTJ
Brother - INFJ

Mom's Father - INTP
Mom's Mother - ESFJ

Dad's Father - ESTJ
Dad's Mother - ESFP

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
As an INTJ with an ENFP SO I'd be curious to hear about your parents' relationship. How happy/unhappy are they together?

Divorced. Mother dead, father distant.

Sorry...I wish I could offer a better picture.

My youth was earmarked with instability and poverty. One of the reasons I grapple with control today is to avoid the mistakes of my parents.

This isn't to necessarily suggest the connection is faulty. For a long time, it wasn't. The divisive variable was money, as my father could rarely hold steady employment (despite advanced degree). We moved around often and sunk deeper into debt, as years passed.

My dad was cheerful and highly creative; he and my mother were able to emotionally "understand" eachother quite well.

I wish you the best. My experiences are intimate to factors that existed outside of MBTI context. The INTJ and ENFP are well-suited partners.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you for your informative reply. :)

Edit: Oh, and sorry to hear about what you've gone through. :doh: :hug:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Thank you for your informative reply. :)

Edit: Oh, and sorry to hear about what you've gone through. :doh: :hug:

Not at all.

It happened a long time ago, and carved definitive recesses in my personality that I can rely on today.

INFPWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Mom - INTJ - We get along when we are not around each other. No one could ever live up to her expectations.

Her Husband - INTP or INTJ. Mom's hard on him too, but they basically get along because of similar interests that they can enjoy together such as reading and gardening.

My dad - died when I was a baby, but I suspect he had the same personality as I do. He was an artist and musician that worked as a tree trimmer.

My brothers are ESTJ (Office administrator), ISXX (handyman), and ENTP (photographer that loves to go clubing.)

Aunt - XNFJ - was a social worker

Uncle - INTP - Engineer

Aunt - ISTJ - School teacher

My Husband - ISTJ - I know it's kind of crazy to say this here, but he already knows, we clash big time.

One of our offspring is same type as me, which I get a kick out of, the other EXXX, which is a little hard on him since his immediate family are all I's. He brightens things up a bit when all seems sullen!

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
Me - INTP
Husband - IsFJ

Mother - ISTp
Father - ISFJ
Brother - xNxP

Shinzon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Creating a NF

Last edited:

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would love to talk about my family! They drive me crazy! :D

Father-ISTJ Mother-ENFP (An interesting combination IRL, let me tell you)
Me: INFJ
Sister 1--INFP with NTish leanings
Sister 2--ESTP
Brother--ISTP

It's fun here! We have two sets of opposite types in the family!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mother = INFP
Father = ESTP
Brother 1 = ENTJ
Brother 2 = INTJ
Brother 3 = INFJ

All of them have been tested.

Both of my lines have a fair root in the USA.
Ancestrally, we are European mongrels.
Irish, English, Scottish, Welsh, German, French, Swiss(if you separate them).
It's like that on both sides.

EDIT: If it's relevant to you, brother 1 is a half-brother to the rest of us.
He's partly Polish. I have no idea what type his father was.

Last edited:

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
Let's see, my father is an INTJ. His mother was ESFJ and his father was INTJ. His brothers are ENTJ and ENFJ. He has a third brother whose type I do not know.

My mother was an ISFP and my only sister is an ENFJ.

My husband is an INFP and so is his only sister. His father is an ESTJ. His mother is probably ESFJ.

My family members took the Keirsey Temperament Sorter in the first Please Understand Me text. My husband's parents I am just guessing on.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Mom & Aunt are psychology people, so we've all taken the official test through family counseling. Woohoo.

Mom - ESTP
Dad - ISTJ
(divorced)

Brother - INFP

Aunt (mom's sister) - ISTJ
Cousin - INFP
Cousin - ENFJ, with one of those borderline N/S. She could be an ESFJ.

Grandmother (mom's side) - SJ, most likely ISTJ
Grandfather (mom's side) - INT?, or ISTP
Grandmother (dad's side) - NFish. I've been told that I am her carbon copy, so she's a possible INFJ. Unfortunately, she died a few years back (after helping raise me while my mother worked & my father and I had issues).

On my mom's side, everyone seems to test with an S & T. However, they produced 4 NF grandchildren.

They say INFJ's like to emulate those they admire and if that's the case, then I became more INFJ because of the grandmother who helped raise me & provided me with as stable of a life as possible.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Me: ENFP
My husband: ISTP

My children: ExxP (quite probably Ne, So ENxP)
IxxJ (quite probably T rather than F)
xxxx (too young to be typed in any way)

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's see, my father is an INTJ. His mother was ESFJ and his father was INTJ. His brothers are ENTJ and ENFJ. He has a third brother whose type I do not know.

This is eerily like me!! My father is an INTJ, his mother was ESFJ, his father was INTJ, and his sister is xNTJ. None were tested; and for what it's worth, I don't know how terribly relevant testing is for older generations who have already probably become comfortable in their other non-dominant functions. But I'm absolutely positive about my grandmother and grandfather, and based on a lot of thought and observation INTJ is the best fit for my father; his sister is the only unknown to some degree - I can't tell whether she's naturally E or naturally I - but I lean towards E, as she tends to be much more outspoken than my father.

My mother is ISTJ (she took a short computer test a while back and came out this way - and I have no doubt in my mind that this is what she is), her mother is IxFJ, father is IxTP, and sister is ISxP (her father and sister are very introverted, and the father is a rather cranky old man now who doesn't talk to anyone really, so I don't feel I have any way of pinpointing their exact type - plus I don't know them well. Same goes for her mother. I have no idea whether she's N or S...I think it can be more challenging too with the older generations who had different role/cultural expectations).

I'm INFJ, my brother is INTP. Brother said he took the test back in high school and came out INTP. Based on my observations, I'd have to agree.

Culturally, heavily northern European. My fathers' side of the family were more recent immigrants to the U.S. - late 1800's/early 1900's - and are Norwegian, Swedish, and German. That's it.

My mom's side of the family immigrated much earlier -- from the mid/late 1700's into the early 1800's. Primarily British/Irish/Scottish, with some German.