• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

rav3n

INTP, ESTJ, ISFP, two ISTPs, two ENTPs, one bro who I'm not certain of but is likely an SF of some variety, ESTJ, ENFJ, ENTJ, two typed ENFPs but might be one ENFP and one ESFP, ESTP and a few more who I'm uncertain of beyond being extraverts.

Logophile

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mom: INFP 9w1
Dad: INTP 5
Me: INFJ 5w4
Brother: INFP (we think, but we aren't sure)

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's a little difficult for me to accurately type others. But as a guess, I'd venture that my father is an INFP. I'm absolutely positive about the IN part. I know it when I see it. Takes one to know one? Maybe.

Meanwhile, my older brother is probably an ENFP (honestly, I'm not sure how he could be anything else) and my girlfriend is definitely an ISFJ.

A friend of mine is an ISTJ... which came as no surprise whatsoever, big duh, he's practically the ISTJ stereotype from beginning to end. His wife is an ENFP. Which, again, was no surprise at all. My friend doesn't talk much about his marriage... but I should imagine it's mighty interesting.

cajones6576

MBTI Type
INFJ
Me infj
Father intp
Mother istj
Sister estj
Brother esfj
Brother estp
Sister istj
Daughter istj
Son intp
Except for the isfj the difference between sensing and intuituves is very obvious. For one they are more group oriented. The estj sister runs the family. She turns the rest of the S types against whoever she feels threatened by or can't control. The intuitives tend to think independentky and aren't as easily controlled.
The intuitives lead by a big margin on intellect except for the isfj. The infj and isfj are the biggest animal lovers. Both intps and the isfj are vegetarian.
The estj and istjs are the best organizers.
The infj, estj and estp have the best taste. The istjs have attractibe, comfortable homes. The isfj has no idea.
The infj has been the most financially successful. The estj and isfj are close behind when their mens' contributions are considered.
The isfj has the highest level of official education followed by the intp and infj. The infj and intps are continuously learning. The estj, esfj and estp are high school dropouts. The estj likes to keep learning in spiritual matters. The infj has the widest range of interest.
The intp (father) and infj are the best artists. The estj, istjs, estp are very creative. The estp is the best all round creaftsman followed by the intp (son) and infj.
The infj is a psychic/medium with Eastern leanings. The intp (father) is a non practising psychic/medium Buddhist with published books on spirituality. The estj is psychic and an energy healer. The istj (daughter) is a non practising psychic with Christian leanings. The intp son is an atheist turned spiritual seeker with Eastern leanings. The isfj is a non practising psychic who filled Hinduism. The estp is a psychic training to be a Christian minister. The esfj is a sceptic.
The intps are the least interested in working except in their heads followed by the isfj and istj (daughter). The infj was most ambitious. The infj, estj and isfj were all computer programmers. The estj became a manager. The isfj because a paramedic. The esfj has been in the same job the longest. The estp is the shortest, followed by the intp (son) and infj.
The esfj is the funniest and the most loved. He's slso the most bigoted. The infj, isfjnabd isfj are the least.
The isfj and infj are the most emotional. The estj and istjs are the least. The intpsvooerate at the extremes.

The intp (son), infj, isfj and istj have travelled the most

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dad: ENFJ
Mom: ISFJ
Me: INTP
No siblings.
Close friends: ISTJ, ISFJ, ESFJ (These are all childhood friends, and the friendships are based on history and good will rather than intellectual stimulation. Relations with the ESFJ can be a bit strained at times.)
Casual friends: INTP, INTP, INTJ, INFP, INFP, ISFP, ENFP, ENTJ (Here's where I get the intellectual stimulation, but these people either don't live near me or have very busy lives, which prevents a closer relationship.)
Former friends I've (sadly) drifted apart from: INTP, INTJ, ENTJ, IxFP
Former friends I've had to doorslam: ENTP, ENFP, ISFP

Giorgos Pyros

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Me ~ INxP (probably INFP)
Mum ~ ISFJ
Brother ~ ESFP
Dad ~ ESxP
Grandma 1 ~ ESFJ probably
Grandma 2 ~ ESFJ
Grandpa 1 ~ ISFJ
Grandpa 2 ~ ISxJ (maybe ISTJ)
Most of my friends are ExTx. My best friend is ExTP, another friend is ESTJ, and two more ExTPs.

Lady Elizabeth

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dad: ESTJ
MOM: ISFJ
Me: ISFP
Grandpa:ISTJ
Grandma: ISTP
Closest Friends: INFP, ISFJ, ISFJ, ESFJ, INFP, ESTJ, ENFP

QueenBeech

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
My father - ISTJ
My mother - ESFP
My little sister - ENTJ
My older sister - INFJ
And then there’s me, the ESTP middle kid. Usually the middle kid is the quiet one. Don’t know how I missed out on that.

Closest friends- INFJ, ENFP, ENTJ, ENTP

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Me: INFJ (4w5)
Mom: INFJ (9w1)
Dad: INTJ (3w4)
Sister: ENFJ (2w3)
Sister's husband: INTJ (9w1)

GirlSmartStreet

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Me (female) : ISTP
grandma : ESTJ
Ma : ISTJ
Pa : INFP
Big sis : ENFJ
Big sis 2 : INFP
big bro : ISTJ
Girl friends : 2 INTPs, INFJ, ENTP, ENFP
boy friends : ISTJ, ISFP, INTP, ESTP, ISTP

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dad: INTJ 5w6 sp/so
Uncle: ISTP 5w6 sp/sx
Grandmother: ISFJ 6w5 sp/sx with a 2w1 and 9w1 fix
Grandfather: ISTJ 5w6 sp/so

It's no surprise we get along quite well, maybe some more Feeling would have helped though. Interestingly my father, uncle and grandfather are all engineers. There's no telling what type my mother is, she is just too broken and conflicted for you to ever be able to tell. Maybe some sort of unhealthy ExFx.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
After studying more, I've changed my mind on some of those.
My mom is an ISFJ, my sister is an ESFJ and I don't know what my dad is.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mom: ESFJ
Dad: ISTP

My closest friends are an ESFJ, INFJ, ENFP, and two INFPs. I have friends who are all over the board though. Interestingly, I'm not particularly close to any STPs other than my dad and most of my friends are feelers.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I suspect my 3w4 Dad is an ISTP.

Ulazzy123

MBTI Type
XSFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I thought it would be interesting to look at data on how types occur within families and see if there are patterns. In this thread post your type, what you can best estimate the types are of your parents (or whoever raised you) and siblings, and the birth order and gender of your siblings.

Me (Female): INTP

Mother: ENFJ
Father: INTJ

(No siblings)
Me: XSFJ, likely ESFJ (20)
Mom: XNFX (deceased since I was 10, leaning XNFP)
Dad: ISTJ
Brother: EXTP (12 almost 13, likely ESTP)
Sister: IXFP
M-grandmother: INFJ
M-grandfather: XSTJ
P-grandfather: ISTJ of them all
P-grandmother: ESFP

M-cousins (mom’s side)-F21 INTJ, M16 ISTJ (siblings), F9 ENFJ
P-cousins (dad’s side): F29 ESFJ, F32 ISFJ, ESTJ M27, ENFP M29 (twin of F29 ESFJ), Enby AFAB 16 INFJ, ENTX M32 (dad’s other brother’s side now), F28 ENFP or ESFJ, M30 ESXP, ESFJ M25

friends: IXFJ, 2 ENFJ, INFP, IXTJ, 2 ESFP, INFJ, ISFP.

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nice to see so many people are willing to be so thorough at typing their friends and family.

I'll say I'm ENTJ and say my family and friends are mostly an assortment of sensors and intuitives, introverts and extroverts, etc. :)