• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your brother must be ESFP then.

Not very likely... He seems more like an intuitive as well. It's confusing. When you talk to him he seems like a NTJ but his actions are more P. He's inconsistent about things, says he hates inconsistent behaviour though. And I can't tell whether he lives in the moment or not; I think it's a mix of in the moment and being stuck in the past at times. My best guess is an INFJ gone totally wrong - just an incredibly inconsistent personality due to the BPD.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not very likely... He seems more like an intuitive as well. It's confusing. When you talk to him he seems like a NTJ but his actions are more P. He's inconsistent about things, says he hates inconsistent behaviour though. And I can't tell whether he lives in the moment or not; I think it's a mix of in the moment and being stuck in the past at times. My best guess is an INFJ gone totally wrong - just an incredibly inconsistent personality due to the BPD.

Well I was just saying that esfps are pretty gay. But yeah infjs don't really live in the moment unless I guess it's a grip

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well I was just saying that esfps are pretty gay. But yeah infjs don't really live in the moment unless I guess it's a grip

Without knowing a member or how he/she would say it in real life, it's sometimes hard to understand how people mean things.
Yeah, well, it's a stereotype. I'd say a bunch of them are also very extroverted ISFPs, appearing like ESFPs. Hung around with a lot of gays in my lifetime.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The ones that I know:
Mom and sister are both ISFJ's and my bro is an ISTP. I'm an INFJ.
I think my father was probably ISTP, too.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Without knowing a member or how he/she would say it in real life, it's sometimes hard to understand how people mean things.
Yeah, well, it's a stereotype. I'd say a bunch of them are also very extroverted ISFPs, appearing like ESFPs. Hung around with a lot of gays in my lifetime.

Both can be pretty gay I guess.

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dad: ENTP 9
Mom: ESTJ 8
Older sis: ENFJ 8
me: INFJ 4
younger sis: INFP 6

Aunt (dad's side): ESFJ
older cousin: IxxP
Younger cousin: ESTP

Uncle (mom's side): ENTJ
Grandma (mom's side): ISTJ

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sisters: ISFJ, ESFJ, an ESTJ/ENFP, ISTP, and INXP.
Bro: ESTP
Dad: ISTJ
Mom: INFP
Bro in law: ENFJ
Friends: 2 ESTJs, 2 ESFJs, 2 ISTJs, INFJ.

stardustrouge

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me: INFP

Mother: ENFP
Father: ISFJ

Oldest half-brother on my dad's side: ??? I think he's an IxFJ. Or maybe xNFJ. So prob INFJ
Second-oldest half-brother on my dad's side: ??? I think he's a ExTP. Probably ENTP
Oldest half-sister on my mom's side: INTP for sure
Younger half-brother on my mom's side: ISTP for sure

My family is complicated AF.

annisaridhani

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Me: INFP 4w5 so/sp
Dad: ENFP 7wx sp/sx
Stepmom: INFP
Sisters: ESFP, and probably an INxx, she's 2 years old so it's hard to see
Brothers: both are probably INFPs
Grandma: ESFP 2wx sp
Friend: ENFP 7wx sx/so

Bolivianinfjgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Me: INFJ - T

Mother: ESTP -T = Most hurtful person ever (and she doesn't really do it on purpose!)
Father: INTJ - A = Most insensible and irresponsible person (And he is very mean on purpose)
Parents = both SUPERBS and SELFISH. Were the worst couple ever, divorced now (fucking difficult divorce)
Sister #1: ESFJ = fucked up ESFJ who after many years is finally calmed instead of being extremely aggressive and square-minded as she was before
Sister #2: ENTP - T = EVIL as FUCK. Really.

Yeah, my family is HELL and I just can't leave them because they are all so fucked up and lonely </3
I lived in severe depression almost all my life until this year January when I touched bottom and found god's light which gives me a little hope even when everything seems to fall appart.

Best friend: ENFP
My long distance boyfriend: ISFP = Such a difficult relationship to maintain! Getting so tired.

Butze

MBTI Type
INFJ
ME: INFJ 4w3
MOTHER: ISFJ passive, non-confrontational, urgh.
FATHER: ESTJ Has to have it his way, but good at heart (like my mother, but both don't show it)
SISTER: ISTJ Probably 9w1: not very profound but caring and loyal and a very good friend.
BOYFRIEND: INTJ 1w2, difficult to deal with for me, uses logic over anything and is pretty demanding, but he helps me keep grounded.

For friendships, I have two ENFJs, one ISFP and one probably INFP or ISFJ, not quite sure yet. I recently had to doorslam a ENFP (she accused me of being too deep... over and over... and just neglected our friendship to a point that I did not see any point in keeping it alive) and a ESTJ (like my father, can't seem to be able to accept any different opinion, very confrontational, very resentful)

AGameOfChance

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me: ENTP
Brother: Not really typeable due to reasons I don't want to get into here.
Mother: ISFP - Very gentle and kind-hearted individual, but really was not ready for the responsibility of having children. Has hardcore avoidant tendencies.
Father: Died when I was young so I have no memories of him, but I'm guessing xNTP.
Grandpa: ESTJ. Well-meaning, but super type-A and often short-sighted.
Grandma: INTJ. She's in her mid 80's and is feisty as ever, not to mention sharp as a tack. I had a discussion with her a while back about how technology has evolved and her lifetime and we eventually got onto the subject of teleportation -- and she was the one that brought it up.
Aunt 1: ISFJ, really on the borderline between sensor and intuitive and far from the stereotype of an ISFJ. Wrote a few books on crystal healing.
Aunt 2: My dad's twin sister. ESFP, high maintenance, unbearable to be around. I'm glad she's several states away.
Uncle 1: ISFP - one of the gentlest and soft-spoken individuals you will ever meet.
Uncle 2: ESTP - has a heart of gold, but incredibly high strung due to being an ex-meth addict.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'll just list those that have been had the most influence in my life growing up.
Dad: INTJ (my dad is a tricky case since he was very much ADHD, all over the place, felt anxiety from sitting still too long, even appeared extroverted, but he told me a few times over the years he's naturally more kept to himself and that his job and position brought out his "extroversion".)
Brother: INTJ (I've been flip flopping on my brother's type since he's still very much growing into his skin, but he's NTJ for sure since he takes on very many of the same character traits of my dad)
Mom: ISFJ (100% certain of this)
Close female cousin, same age, basically grew up together: ENFP
Slew of male cousins I also saw often and grew up with, two INFPs, Se galore with the other cousins.
Mom's sisters: ESFP and ISTJ
The general feeling my brother and I felt growing up around our cousins is that we didn't fit in with them much at all. They were faster-paced, into extreme sports, preferred slapstick, crude humor, (they loved the Jackass series) and while we all got along and they were cool and all, there was not much we could ever connect on . My brother basically stuck to my side while I played along in the chit chat.
With my ENFP cousin, we've always felt like two peas in a pod and often had many of the same concerns and experiences growing up. I always imagined our relationship being the sort of brother/sister relationship I'd idealize (I only have my younger brother) We saw situations from essentially the same perspective often times.
With my male INFP cousins, they tended to keep to themselves and had their creative outlets, but we're also obvious in their attempts at trying to "fit in". Being a male Feeler or female Thinker isn't the easiest.
All in all, I'd say my childhood was one of me constantly seeking out an acceptance from others since I was always made clearly aware of how much I didn't fit in with most others, particularly among other males I grew up around. As a young child, I felt an emotional area of comfort with my mom since my dad seemed devoid of it. But maturing and growing up, my relationships shifted and I grew a fondness with my dad as he was much more readily accessible in discussing big picture life views with me and talking about ideas I'd formed on my own of people through my interactions. He was also very astute in reading people, so we shared that fascination for psychology.
Ultimately, is there a connection between my childhood and my typing? Certainly, I can't imagine anyone growing up and being surrounded by so many personalities and not being molded by them growing up. But has my experiences potentially defined my typing? I can see the influence in my enneagram typing, but MBTI, no.

Cynthis

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me (female): ESTP 8w7

Best Friends: ENTJ 3w4 (female), INTJ 5w6 (female), ENFP 4w3 (male), and INTP 5w4 (female)

Mom: INFJ 2w1 (?)
Dad: ISTJ 5w6
Sister: ENTP 7w8

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I typed my family a while ago but then learnt more about typology.

Me: INTP 9w1 so/sp (but also questioning this and my enneagram)
Wife: INTJ 5w4 sp/sx
Daughter: ENFP 7w6 sx/so (she's only 7 so not all determined yet)
Dad: ESTP 8w7 sp/sx (more ambiverted though)
Mum: INFP 4w3 sx/so
Sis: ENFJ 8w9 so/sp
Dad in law: unhealthy ISFJ 1w9 sp
Mum in law: ISFP 5w6 so/sx
Brother in law 1: Has severe Asperger's and not met him enough times to type
Brother in law 2: INFJ 5w6 sx/sp

What an interesting mix

Ophiuchus_Serpent

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
???
Anyone noticed how so many fathers seem to be ISTJ?

Like, ISTJ is the one that sounds boring but these men work for a living, sustain a family and get all the pussy. They usually have a stable family and make a nice traditional father figure.
Oh, and these guys never go on personality forums unless someone makes them go on.
I love these guys.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJ father
ENFP mother
ISTJ cousin (who grew up as my sister)
INTP girlfriend

Bahar

MBTI Type
INTP
Me:INTP(female)
Dad:INTP
mom:ESFJ
still dunno how could they tolerate each other XD

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Direct Family
Me: NP 9w1 6w7 4w5 sp/so (this is my best guess so far)
Mom: ISFJ 2w1 6w7 1w2 sp/so (cp 6 which is sort of fun)
Dad: ENFP 3w4 8w9 7w6 so/sp
Brother: Too young to tell, but probably a Se or Te dom
Sister: ISFP 9w8 sx/sp (WOAH the one non sx blind)

Friends: ISTJ 6w7 3w4 1w9 sp/sx (Female); ENFJ 2w1 9w1 6w7 (male) so/sp; ISFJ 9w1 6w5 2w1 (male) sp/so; ISFJ 6w7 2w1 1w2 sp/so (female)