• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mother: ISTJ
Father: Never met him, but my family describe him as ESXP.
Grandmother: ESFJ
Aunt: ISFJ
Uncle 1: ESTP
Uncle 2: ENTP
Cousin: XSXP

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude, how do you guys type your family members with confidence? I mean, I'm a fairly family-oriented individual and I feel like I know them all fairly well, but it's like I can see ALL the different possibilities for each of them and it's impossible to pick one with any shred of confidence.

Pierce1

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Mother: ESFJ 2w3
Father: ENTP 3w2 (Just like me, although we have some differences that aren't accounted for in MBTI or Enneagram)

Oldest sister: ENFP 6w5
Youngest sister: ESFJ 2w3 (Just like our mom)

Best friend: ENFP 2w3
Other best friend: ESFP 7w6
Other good friend: ENTP 4w3
Other good friend: ISTJ 1w2
Girlfriend: ESFP 9w8

Anyway, it's really weird, but normally I get along with Es better than Is and my whole family is E. I have one close friend who is an I but I am closer to my other friends than to him. My gf is an ambivert, so that counts for something. I had her take the test, and she's like 55% E. :hi:

I also don't usually get along too well with Js. I have a rough time with people who are too focused and organized, and don't think as openly as I do (particularly in terms of relationships and related things). Once again, the same friend is an exception.

Magmar

MBTI Type
INTJ
I liked it.

Dad: ISTJ
Mom: INFP
Brother: ESTJ
Sister: ENFP
Me: INTJ

marth2212

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Me (Male): ENTP
My girlfriend: INFP
My dad: ESFP and my mom: ISFJ
And my best friends are : an ISTP(female), an ISFP(male),an INFP(male) and an ESTP(female)

Justmeonhere

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mother: ISTJ 6w7
Father: ESFJ 8w7
Grandmother: ESFP
Grandfather: ISTP
Other grandfather: ESTJ
Other grandmother: ISFJ
Aunt: ENFJ
Uncle: INTJ
Cousin (female): INFJ
Cousin (male): INXP
Best friend: ENFP

Litsnob

Mother ISFJ
Father ESTJ
Son INFP
Ex-Husband my guess is ISTJ
Partner INTP
Close Friend ENFP
Close Friend my guess is ISFP
Brother my guess is ISFJ
Sis-In-Law my guess is ENTJ

I am INTJ

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Dad: ISFP
Mom: ISTJ
Me: IxFP leaning towards ISFP (I am my mom's first child, but my dad's fifth child. My four older siblings weren't hardly around when I was growing up; I usually only saw hem on thanksgiving and Christmas. So I feel like I was raised as a firstborn child)
Little brother: ENTP (mom's second child, dad's sixth child. He and I have the same parents and were raised together)
My parents and my little brother took the test online so these aren't just guesses. I don't really have a guess for the types of my dad's first four children.

Taibreah

I only know my sister's type. She's older than me and we're total opposites, but it works out well. She tries to include me in things that I normally wouldn't do. I end up having fun when I thought I wouldn't. But, it doesn't always go that way, just most of the time it works out well.

My sister said she's usually been typed as ENFP in her high school/college years, but now she feels like more of an ENFJ as she's become a parent and feels more responsible.

I wish I knew my friends MBTI, but I know that most of my very good friends have been/are extroverts.

dippy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Me: INFJ
Mum: ENFP
Step-dad: INTJ
Dad: ISTJ
Step-mum:ISFJ

Oldest brother: ENFP
Brother: ESFP
Sister: ISFJ

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Me : INFJ
Mom : ESFJ
Dad : INTJ
Wife : ISFJ
Daughter : INFJ
Best friend 1 : ENTJ
Best friend 2 : ISTP

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
u didn't i already post here ?

*does search*

oh, apparently i made one of the threads that was merged into this giant dinosaur of a thread.
8 years & 2 months ago :happy2:

so here you go

I'm curious about the dynamics between types within a family. As we all know the relationship you have with your mother, father or your sister isn't going to be the same that the relation you have with the rest of the world.
First the relation you have with the father\mother duo is assymetrical, and you can't actually choose to go away in times of troubles for financial, emotional and pratical reasons.

Then come the siblings, the relation you'll share with your 10 years old brother won't be the same than the one you share with your all grown up 30 years old sister, even if this kind of relationship is still much more symetrical than the child\parent one.

Anyway, here's some dynamics and impressions.

My father: ESTJ :
Frequences of conflicts: ++++
reason: control freak?
Force of conflicts: ++++
reason: Won't let me do or think my way, didn't hear about democracy, huge ego on both sides.
Efficiency when working together: -
reason: Is capable, intelligent but his obsession over details and my 'whateverism' don't match well, helps me with some method but his lack of flexibility wastes alot of time.
Unsuccesful strategies: Trying to open him to new idea, especially about religion will result in him screaming and considering he's right whatever my arguments are, then rambling about it like a child all day (booring).
If history and tradition were always right we'd still live in caverns damn it.
It's a constant fight of wills, he won't give up his principles, I find them stupid and irrational. He's very tradition oriented, I live in the present and don't care much about whatever happened past the purely pratical\informative aspect.
Succesful strategies: being the perfect child so he keeps paying for my studies.

Momma:hug: :ISFJ
Frequences of conflicts: -+
reason: I'm a slacker and she cares. Moms you know
Force of conflicts: ---
reason: never a 'real fight', lets people live, is my mom.

Notes :She's very, maybe too accepting of my extreme laziness, worries about me whenever she thinks something is wrong. Will buy me little presents from time to time.

Older Sister 1 (+4years) : ISTP
Doing things together: Will organise stuffs for me, I will try to look like I'm helping.

Older sister 2 (+14years): xNFx
Conflict: Wants cohesion and harmony within a group, therefore some minor conflicts may rise if I overstep boundaries by arguing too much.
Doing things together:: Will check on me, be helpful and try to provide solutions.
Is too generous with me, I never give anything back yet she keeps being nice. I'm planning on buying her something awesome if i'm rich one day.

Older brother (+12years): ENFP\ENTP
Conflict: none what so ever.
Working\doing together: Lets me do things my way and simply checks my ideas to see if it makes sense. Helps in a very pleasant non controlling way.
My idol, have always been my model in life, the cool big brother taking me on rides in his red fiat 500. Always sleeping over at friends place. Took him years to really get into professional life, is now the hard working type. As a teenager I got depressed, wasn't so outgoing anymore, yet everybody would always tell me I reminded them of him (wierd, I know). People still do.
Is always late, so am I.

interesting reading an old post.
ps: the older sister I said was an xNFx is an ENFJ.

and for some reason I didn't mention my elder brother (+15 years) who is an INTP
[MENTION=1180]miss fortune[/MENTION] aah. we were so young back then : P *waves cane*

as to my friends IRL
INTP x2, INTJ, INFJ and hum, that's it, I have no friends :cry:
I used to be friend with an ESFP (a rather smart one) but he dropped me like a hot potato because I somehow insulted his SO I think, but can't be sure because he won't talk to me (I didn't, I said that she was underpaid for her talent-level but there's no reasoning with Fi sometimes :dry: )

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Father: istp (the real life mechanic. He loves to tinker stuffs. Definitely an istp, no doubt about it)
Mother: unhealthy infp if you know what i mean.
Brother: ESTJ. Yeah. I don't like him. Period.
Sister: ISFP for sure. We're bestfriends you know
Sister 2: INT/FP. Yeah because she fangirl and she's shy

Ex boy friend: INTP
Co worker Girl bestfriend: ENFJ (i like enfj alot they're very independent i guess? Or not clingy. But i think they're bad lovers.because they choose friends over boyfriends)
Another company bestfriend: INTJ for sure.
One bestfriend since high school: ESFJ for sure.
Bff college girl: Esfp for sure
Bff college guy: estp (he's the coolest!)
My best girl friend at the moment: esfj
My best guy friend at the moment: istp

That's all i guess.

Rio

MBTI Type
INFJ
Me: INFJ

Mum: ISFJ
Dad (recently deceased): ISFP
Grandad: ESTJ

Best friend: INFP (in denial, insists he's INFJ)

ElleG

MBTI Type
INJF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me: INFJ (firstborn)
Brother: ISFP

Mom: ESFJ (firstborn)
Dad: ISFJ (firstborn)

family of firstborns = a lot of strong opinions and disagreements about the way things should be done ;)

Taibreah

I've been trying to place where my dad fits in in all of this, because I can see him as introverted and extroverted. An Ambivert? He can adapt easily to anything. I've hardly ever seen him get emotional over anything, but he is a caring person. He likes to try new things, but is also interested in working on his own projects for fun. He is sometimes organized, but not extremely. He is always reliable and will be the first to help someone in need if it's a family member or close family member. Maybe someone can help me figure this out? But, so far this is what I think. ISTP?

My mom is a bit easier to type because she is a lot like me, but she's more on the scattered disorganized side. She worries about others a lot and want to help them, and she's very very emotional, the good emotions and the bad. So I would guess that maybe she is xNFP.

Last edited:

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me: INxJ (I thought I was leaning towards INTJ, but I just saw a very convincing argument here that I could be an INFJ with very strong Ti)

Father: ESTP.

Mother: ESFJ.

Brother: ENFJ I'd say. Can be quite introverted from time to time, but ENFJ's seem to be the most introverted of the extroverted types.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Me: ENFP
Brother: Extremely hard to type, since he's a "manly" gay and has BPD
Dad: unknown, probably ENTP. Find him incredibly hard to type.
Stepdad: ESTJ

Friend 1: ISTP
Friend 2: ENTP
Friend 3: ENTP
Friend 4: ENTP
Friend 5: INFP
Friend 6: INTJ

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me: ENFP
Brother: Extremely hard to type, since he's a "manly" gay and has BPD
Dad: unknown, probably ENTP. Find him incredibly hard to type.
Stepdad: ESTJ

Friend 1: ISTP
Friend 2: ENTP
Friend 3: ENTP
Friend 4: ENTP
Friend 5: INFP
Friend 6: INTJ

Your brother must be ESFP then.