• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have a mom.. but she gave off an INFP vibe back in the day
Dad: ESTJ

Friends

My best friend who's a nerd and huge gamer: ISTJ - INTJ (got both results)
My horror loving advice giving friend: ENFJ
A friend I got used to over time, cracks crude jokes all the time: ENFP
My friend who's like a brother to me, competitive: ESTP
My close female gamer geek friend: INFP

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From the top of my head:
Dad: ISTJ
Mom: ExTJ
Brother: ISTJ or ESTP
Another brother: INTP
Sister: ENFJ
Fiance: INFP or ENFP
MIL: ESTJ
SIL: ESFJ

CamilaVanilla

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am an ENTJ.

Mother: ISxJ
Father: ISfP.
Younger Brother: ISTP. For context, he's just a year younger than me.
Paternal Half-Brother: IsTJ. For context, I didn't grow up with him (other than short-lived annual visits). I don't wanna math right now, but he's a few years older (~2-3 years, probably).

I also spent a lot of my childhood hanging out with my aunt (my former role model), who I believe may be an ESFP, and my cousin, who I think is a quiet yet socially-involved xNFP. Anyway, these are the only consistent people in my life. Even the aunt and cousin, I rarely see these days, and based on my track record with my relationships, I probably won't stay in touch very well with my immediate family once I move out. Though that's not really relevant.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's been a while so I'll redo this.

Mom: ISTJ (acts like an ISFJ in public because of Si)
Dad: ENTP
Boyfriend: ISFP
Best friend: INFP
Friend #2: INFP
Friend #3: INFP
Friend #4: ESFP

I seem to attract Fi.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a INxP
My parents are ENFJ and IxFP
My brother is an xSFP
My friends types are INTJ,ENTP,INFP,ENFP,ISFP,ENFP and ENFJ
I seem to attract Fi,Ne and Ni.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Me: IXTP

My mom: INFP with surprisingly well-developed Te (I've actually considered ISFJ for her but INFP still might fit her better)

Her brother: IXTP. Seriously. I'm kind of a clone of him in some aspects, namely Ti-Fe. We are (were) both lazy procrastinators, both band geeks, both interested in natural sciences, both with terrible people skills, both have appreciation for the finer things like sushi (once I took him to a sushi place near my house and the bill between the two of us came out to be $150 after tipping the waitress and the chef).

Her sister: no idea

Her dad: not sure.
He could be ESFJ (very social, very nostalgic, likes discussing the ins and outs of Catholicism and telling stories to everyone who'll listen)
or ISTP (antsy if he's not doing anything like building bookshelves and maintaining his vegetable garden, wants to know how things work)
or maybe ISFP (artificially suppressed artistic nature due to nuns tearing up his painting of the baby Jesus because it was "blasphemous" for not including a halo?, quietly stubborn about his personal beliefs with or without factual evidence to back them up)

Her mom: ESFJ - easily butthurt, people's opinions are everything to her; lives in the past and how she used to be so gorgeous, has almost every disease you can think of, special snowflake and wants you to know about it. Can tell you how to fix every problem ever, has an opinion on everything and she will have you know about it.
Actually she might be ESFP. Possible unhealthy Se - tends to splurge money on things she doesn't necessarily need but has convinced herself that she does, and then yells at my grandfather for splurging. Upset that she doesn't have the kind of married life she always wanted and blames my grandfather for everything. Nothing is her fault.
Either way, she's very unhealthy.

My dad: says he's INTP, but looking back at the little I know about his growing up, I sometimes have a hard time seeing it (strong Se user?). Looking at him now only though, I can definitely see it.

His mom: ESFP - definitely Se dom. Rebellious, angry child, tert Te makes her controlling, inf Ni convinced her it's too late to save her soul so she might as well do the fun, shocking stuff. Hedonistic.

His stepdad: ISTP or ESTJ. Likes his alone time, bad jokes that he'll tell forever and ever, unafraid to fire his workers if their measurements are off (contractor), bad at everything F-related

Friends (mostly my own suspicions):
ESFP
INXJ. Not sure if TeFi or FeTi.
not sure except her stack probably includes Fi (strong moral compass), Ni (at least, she reads me well, and some people would consider that a feat), Se (strong artistic streak), and Te (values efficiency and tangible benefits), not sure what order except likely not Se-dom

Lot of sensors in my family, except for my parents who both identify as Ne-aux for some reason.

Baron

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me : ENTJ
My gf : ESFP
Well, me and my gf's relationship is certainly not an easy one. But because of my domineering and forceful personality i can always control and lead her to understand and even adapt to the way i live, think and how i see the world; and also maybe she appreciate all i've done to get her so i got her respect very very well. Especially since our sexual life is always amazing ;)

Dad : ENTP
My father is an unique case. Maybe because midlife crisis beat him so hard since the last 12 years he seem to adopt an ESTJ-ish persona a lot. Sometimes he looks like an INTP as well. But he's neither as serious as an ESTJ or as clumsy as INTP(no offense). He's basically playful, funny, eccentric, not taking things too personally, smart-talking, likes to debate and much like an ENTP, he's so easily get bored that he could never hold a single job for long. He also seem bored to be a husband and a father. Lol.
Mom : INFJ
Sister : ESTP

I kinda feel pity for my mom anyway. She's an introvert in the middle of extroverts and sometimes, she complains how she feels so left out in the family. Lol.

Strawberry Unicorn

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Me: ISTJ
Mom: ESFJ
Dad: ISFP
Sister: INFP
Best friend: ESFJ

I really need more thinker friends. Sometimes I hurt my family's feelings with my humor. It's kinda annoying. Lol

MattHerman

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me: INTJ

Mother: ENFJ

Father: INFP

Maternal Grandmother: ESTP (most likely)

Friends: I have two INFJ friends and an ISTP friend.

leictreon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
Me: INFP
Mom: ESFJ
Dad: xSTP
Sister 1: ENxJ
Sister 2: INFP
Sister 3: ESTJ or ESFP
Brother: ENFP
Best friend: INFP
Another good friend: INFJ
Drummer friend: xNFP

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me (male): ENTJ
Father: ENTP
Mother: ESTJ
Stepmother: INTJ
Stepfather: INTP
Grandfather: ISTJ
Grandmother: ISFP
Aunt: ESFJ
Closest male friend: ENTP
Other close male friend of mine: INFP
Closest female friend: ISFP
Current girlfriend: ESTP
My golden retriever, Max: ESFP

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Father: ISTJ
Mother: ESFJ
Me: INTP
Sister: ENFP/J (got ENFP as a result of a test once but I had typed her as ENFJ prior so idk abt her tbh. She's super hard to type; I feel like she adopts habits and images (or at least used to) from others pretty easily.)
Brother: ISTP

Uni friends: ESTJ, ISTJ, ENFP
Other friends (all from secondary school tbh): 1 x INTJ, 2 x INFJ, 2 x ISTJ, Two 'friends' who I honestly have never properly spent time with 1-to-1 even via texting or anything; my best guess for them are ISFJ + INFP but idk and I don't think they count but they're in a main friendship group anyway.
Old close friends have been mostly ISTJs + INXXs.

skywar

MBTI Type
IXXJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Father: INTJ
Me: INTJ
Sister 1: ISFP
Brother 1: IXFP
Sister 2: ENFP
Brother 2: ENTP
Brother 3: ENFJ

Grandmother(mother): ENFJ
Aunt 1: ESFP
Uncle 1: CRAZY
Uncle 2: ESFP
Aunt 2: ENFP

Libra_Rising

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I have a very limited "family."

Me: ENTP
current Maine Coon cat: ENTP
Ex-husband: ISTP
Dad: ISFP
Mom: ESTP
Only surviving grandparent (maternal grandmother): ISTJ

I have been surrounded by Sensing people all my life. However, I take comfort in knowing that the 3 cats I've had in my lifetime are most likely Intuitive.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mom: ENFP
Dad: ISTJ
Sister: INTP
Aunt: INTJ
Uncle: ENFJ
Friends: ISTJ, ISTJ, ISTJ, ISTJ, ISFJ, and INTJ

phoenix31

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
To the best of my knowledge…

Dad: ESTJ
Mom: ISFJ
Brother: ISTP
Sister: ISFJ
Husband: ESTP

I was the lone N in the family till my sister married an ENFP, and we get along swimmingly. :) My brother married an ISFP, and we get along well, too.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Family and their types!

I have been feeling this sudden burst of family appreciation and wondered if there was a correlation with the types and the families they are raised in.

My mom is an ESFP, she is the younger sister of an INFP. She eventually got married to my dad, who is an ISFP. Before they were married, my dad gave birth to my half sister, who is either a very stereotypical ESFP or a very unhealthy INTJ. My dad and mom gave birth to two kids together: a ISTP boy and seven years later an ENFP girl (thats me!).

Our relationship with one another is super interesting. My mom is super emotional, but she's also really adamant about my brother and I understanding how to manage ourselves through the real world. Her sense of humor is extraordinary even though she constantly offends my somewhat oversensitive dad. The age gap between me and my two older siblings makes it hard to interact with them, I really idolize them. I never got to really "hang out" with either of them, but watching them develop was pretty cool.

I know for a fact that my Extroverted Intuition and my Introverted Feeling were developed in part of my mom's way of parenting. She felt as though a child should never be censored just because they're a kid. She also believed that children have the right to know what's going on and deserve an honest answer when they ask questions. I'm sure my brother, who isn't as openly talkative as I am, adapted to this by gathering all he could then doing all he can. I didn't feel this way. I wanted to know as much as possible about everything possible. My mom constantly reflects on this, saying that it would've probably kept my brother and I out of trouble in school if we weren't raised to not accept 'because I said so' as an answer.

So, yeah! Family thread! What's your family like? What's their types? Do you think they have something to do with your function stack?

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
My mom is an ESFJ and my dad is an ISTP. My brother is an ENTP. My mom and brother are very socially extroverted while my dad and I are much quieter and reserved. My brother and I always enjoyed getting into abstract conversations that my parents thought were strange. My Si may have developed more quickly due to having sensor parents but it is hard to say for sure. I enjoyed the dynamics of these types growing up.

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Me: ENTJ

Mother: XSFJ
Father: ESTJ

Sister: ENFP

Wife: ENFJ

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know about correlation in functions stack between family members, but I know for sure that most often, parents' children will have the same last letter as them, meaning if the parent is J, the child will often be J. If your parents have different letters here, you'll be most likely to take on the letter of whatever parent you feel the most connected to, or the one you spent the most time with growing up.

I'm an ENTJ, my mother an ESFJ, father an ESTJ, and my sister INFJ (I suspect). Like my father, I lead with Te, but my mother leads with Fe, and my sister with Ni. We are rather different all of us, so I can really only say for sure about the last letter, which I noticed everyone in the OP's family is a P:newwink: