• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Father's mother: ESTJ
Father's father: INxP
Father: ESTP
His younger brother: ESTJ
His youngest brother: INxP
Youngest brother's wife: INTJ

Mother's father: ISTJ
Mother's mother: ExFP
Mother: ISTJ
Aunt: ISFJ
Her daughter: ESFP

Older brother: ISTP (but socially extroverted I think)
Me: ENFP

SO: INFP
Best friend: ENTP
Other good friends: ENFJ, 2 INFPs, ESTJ
School friends: INFJ, INTJ, 2 ESFJs, INFP, ISFP, ISTJ

rmrf

Mum INFJ
Dad INFP
Brother ENTP

Mum's side:
Grandad ISTJ (his brother also is)
Grandma ISFJ?
Aunt ISFP

Dad's side:
Grandad: INFP
Grandma: ESFP?
Aunt: ESFJ?
Cousins: ISTP? ESFP

Friends: INTP x3, ISTP x2, ESFJ x1

Good/Ok School Teachers: Really epic IxTP chemistry teacher, ISTJ dean, ISTP physics teacher, ESFP maths teacher, ENTP psychology teacher (all were male)
Shit Teachers: Erratic and mean spirited INTJ guy for maths, crazy but usually pleasant ISFP lady for English, crazy INFJ woman in primary school who hated me lol

CarolineForbes

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My type ESFJ

Mother: ESFP
Father: ESTJ

Siblings
Oldest Brother: INTP
Middle Brother: INFP Or ISFP
Youngest Brother: ESFJ

Boyfriend: INTP

Current Closest Friend: ESTP

GUYS I NEED AN NF BESTIE IN MY LIFE!! *CRIES*

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Living Grandmother: ISFJ
Mom: ISFJ
Dad: ESTP
Older Sister: INTP
Younger Sister: ESFJ

Aunt: ESFP
Uncle-in-Law: ISFP (probably, could see ISTP)

Me: xNFP

Kyubey

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Dad- ESTJ
Mom- INFP
Brother 1- ENxP (I've been switching repeatedly between ENFP and ENTP for a very long time.)
Brother 2- xNTP
Me- xNxJ (Although I'm leaning mostly towards INTJ.)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Going to try this again... New and improved models.

Immediate Fam

Dad:
Guessing INTJ 9w8(tritype 9w8 3w4 6w5).

Mom: ISFJ 6w7(2w3 9w8)

Brother: INTJ 5w6.

Grandmother who raised me for an interim when young: ESFJ 2w1
Grandfather/same: difficult...very introverted. INFP or a very placid ISTJ. Leaning INFP. No idea of enneagram, except for a withdrawn type. 9w8 possibly.

Other grandma: ISFP 9w1

Other grandpa: ESTJ 3w2

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mom: ESFJ
Dad: ESFJ (unstable though)
Brother: ISxJ
My other sibling are way too young to type ATM

Best Friend: INTJ

Lord help me I live in a household filled with xSxJ's It was pure torture.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dad: ISTJ
Brother: ESTP
Sister: INFP (sometimes ESFP)

No wonder I feel like the odd one out in my family.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My type: ESTP
My wife: ESFJ

Happily married with four kids and hardly ever an argument between us. We've always been good at working out our differences, and since we started exploring personality types together we've only gotten better at it.

My kids are a little harder to type because they're all so young (11, 9, 8, and 4). Still "trying on different hats," so to speak. The older three have taken versions of MBTI and this is what they got...

11-year-old boy: ESFP (his personality is the perfect combination of my wife's and my own, so I'd say that's accurate; he loves to hang out with his friends and just have fun; fantastic baseball player)
9-year-old girl: ISTP (competitive and with the attitude to match it; tough as nails; loves gymnastics and karate; taught herself how to dive this summer and always wants to be in the garage with me whenever I work on my motorcycle; very popular but seems almost oblivious to it; she has a few close friends that she sticks with and that's it)
8-year-old boy: INTP (brilliant kid; really fits the stereotype; loves science and computer games; has the telescope and everything; he read five books on dinosaurs this summer and one on the Euro Tunnel "just because"; scores very high on his exams but has trouble sitting still at school)
4-year-old girl: ???? (time will tell, but she loves performing in front of people...maybe an ESFP in the making, like her Big Bro?)

I should point out here that my poor wife is the only "J" in our household. I thought for sure she'd go gray before me from all the stress, but nope. She's an amazing woman and keeps us all in line.

My father: probably an ESTJ or ISTJ
My mother: pretty sure she's INFJ

My father-in-law: INTJ (he's taken the test; fits him to a "T" and no pun intended)
My mother-in-law: ESFP

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Dad: ISTP (or ISTJ, but leaning to ISTP after studying functions)
Brother: Might be too young, but I think of him as an ISFX, ISFP being my best guess. He's six though, so I think typology is impractical when applied to him as of right now...
Me: You can probably see it on the side of this post, but in case you can't... INTP. Probably. Unless I'm an unhealthy INFP or INTJ or something.
Best friend: ISFP (INFP is possible, but she seems like more of a present-focused person than a possibilies-seeing one.)

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me: INFJ
Dad: INFP
Sister: ESFJ
Brother: ISFP
Boyfriend: xNTP (most likely a ENTP)
Friends: ISFPs, INFJs and ENFPs, mostly

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let me tell you more because this is fun!
Grandad: ISTJ
Grandma: ISFJ
Uncle: ESFP
Aunt (my uncle's wife): ESTJ
Older cousin: ISFP
Middle cousin: ESFx (I know ESFJs and ESFPs are fairly different, but I really can't tell!)
Younger cousin: xNFP (she's very often alone and everything, but this is maybe because she had a very lonely childhood?)

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the past I had a friend who was an ESTP, who was the total opposite of me and turned out not to be a decent friend. At the time we made an interesting pair though, because she was a gregarious fun loving person and I was the silent but loyal friend who was always trying to stop them from doing silly reckless things. Before that I was friends with an ESFJ for a little while, but I moved away and lost contact with them :bye:

At the moment my friends seem to be very kind ISFPs :)

As for family;
Mom - ESFP ..or J
Dad - ISTJ
(divorced. my dad is now married to an ISFP)

They made my brothers: - INTP, INTP, ESTP, and ESTJ.
Me - INFP and a loner :p

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me: INFJ

My dad: ISTJ
my paternal grandfather: INTP
my paternal grandmother: ESTJ
My aunts: INTJ, ESFJ

My mom: ENFP
My maternal grandfather: ISTP
My maternal grandmother: ENFP
My aunt: ENFP
my uncle: ISTP

my siblings:
Oldest sis: INTJ (married to ESFP)
Second sis: ENFP (married to INTJ)
Brother: ENTP

Wife: I thought ESTJ, which she tested out as 12 years ago, but it appears to be related to childhood trauma....most likely IXFP, though still coming around to herself.

MIL: ISFP
FIL: ESFP
Oldest brother: ISTJ (married to a ENFJ)
Oldest sis: ENFP (married to a INFJ)
Next brother: ISFP
Next brother: ISTP
Youngest sis: ESFP
Youngest brother: ENTJ (married to INTP)

My son: INTP
His twin: ESFJ
3rd son: ESFP
4th son: possible INFJ
Daughter: possible ENFP

My dad's second wife ESFP

LadyAeroniel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Me: INFx...I fall right on the borderline of INFP and INFJ...I have both of their traits...I identify as an INFJ ...I'm not very idealistic...I acted very INFP when I was younger...not so much now due to maturing...

Dad: ENTJ...We are super close and he's the one I got to for advice...

Mom: ExFJ...I love her but she's VERY emotional...and she the 'Joan of Arc' type...

younger sister: ENFP...a very surly, hot tempered, aggressive, argumentative, judgmental ENFP who acts very ENTP at times...(she took the official test for her Psych class and got ENFP)...she's also VERY idealistic and we butt heads a lot...she's not very warm and cuddly...she threatens to punch you in the face if you talk too loudly when she's napping...

Fury

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm unsure for like... 90% of this lol

Dad: ESTJ
Mom: ISTJ
Sister: ISFJ
Me: ENFP

Grandmother (paternal): ESFJ
- Aunts and Uncle: ESTP, ESTJ, ESFP, ExTJ
- Cousins: xNFP, ENTJ, ENFP, ESFP, ISTJ, ISTP, ENxx
Grandmother (maternal): IxxJ
- Uncles: ESTJ, IxTP, there are more but I'm honestly not really familiar with them heh
- Cousins: ExxP, ISTJ

Friends: ISTJ, INFP, ISFJ, ENFP

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only other person in the family whose extensive and investigated test results I know is the last on this list.

But for fun, and in spite of my inexperience, I'll try my best guess for my immediate family according to the functions they seem to rely on (maybe I'll revisit this post some time after I've internalised a fuller understanding of MBTI and laugh at myself):

Parent: ISTJ - an awkward stick-in-the-mud, will consult own feelings to make judgements but has no perception of others' feelings and values; great at maths, science, engineering type thinking but doesn't understand people/emotions/left-brain stuff (this strikes me as preferring Fi and Ni to Fe and Ne); insensitive, stubborn, has to have things done own way, always sure of knowing best; basically all the worst qualities of an ISTJ with few of the good ones (I've dated an ISTJ, I know how lovely they can be)

Parent: ISFJ - caring almost to the point of being a busybody (must be strongly Fe); the kind of person who gossips not out of malice but because of caring about what other people do and why they do it; very organised and responsible when it comes to achieving things based on values; I'd almost think ESFJ except for being quite low-energy socially, happy to be alone a lot; always comparing what's going on to own reference pool of prior experiences (I'm figuring that's quite Si)

Half-sibling: ESFP - positively anti-bookish, but very kinetically intelligent, active, and energetic; highly expresses through appearance and personal style; active, always taking charge, doing things independently and assertively; bold, brave, has stepped out and tried things a lot of people would be too timid to (strikes me as very Se); loves performing, especially bodily performing like dance; showy, loves attention; social life seems to be key to emotional life (outward warmth and friendliness seems more like a Se performance than intimate expression of feeling)

Me: INTJ - I'm just an overthinking introspective analytical little cold-hearted critic is what I am; am I really the only intuitive in this family though? Maybe I missed something...

Sibling: ESTJ - I'm pretty sure prefers Fi over Fe in a similar way to the above ISTJ; very practical and concerned with doing things the right way (own way) and rarely admits fault; strong-willed, outspoken, particularly tactless (often downright mean) around family; responsible, rule-following, cautious; doesn't visually express or respond to emotions strongly; my main clue as to intro/extroversion is that in spite of being closed-mouthed, this person is really active, keeps a lot of social engagements, enjoys performing for large crowds, and seems particularly comfortable in these situations

Sibling: ISFP - very sensitive in the sense of tactile, seems to have no filter for Se; seems to feel things very deeply and personally (especially fits the way Fi manifests in childhood); very quiet and internal; kinda passive, tends to "live and let live;" seems to have a hard time expressing self although I get the sense there are just worlds and worlds inside wanting to find expression; so emotionally reserved I probably couldn't have pegged for sure as a Feeler, but having confirmed it from the source it makes a lot of sense

Last edited:

Mileva

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5/4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me female INTP (sometimes peoples say i seem like an INTJ, but i have a weak P) 45% I 100% N 68% T 28% P Choleric/melancholic
I'm often drawn to people with intellect and depth, I rarely befriend someone with superficial behavior and life-philosophy, but my friends are artists all of them in their own way. I feel often like someone that has the power to do whatever I dare to do, and no one will dare to touch me, so sometimes I think of that I am an INTJ, I have som psychic traits too, Often I think of possibilites or predict something that I can see the day afterwards. Ti-Ne fits me good, but I can also say that I have a strong Ni, but no Te and never any Fi on tertiary, I have a strong Fe in the last one that I'm not afraid to use in some kind of emergency of serious outbursts.

My mother: seems really like an ENFP, but she is very intellectual so i guess she has an weak F.

My father is IXXP i have huge trouble to type him because he is drawn into some serious shadow-functions right now...(i'm afraid he is a bit psychopathic) I dont know his ego functions at all because of that.

My brother is a clear ESTP, so is my maternal grandmother and uncle on the same side.

My paternal granny is an ISXJ

My two friends are ENFP and ISFJ and my former boyfriend is a INTP, but a phlegmatical one.

I dont think that I have any clear rationalist in my near family, I often say to myself that i'm the black sheep of the family, but I really dont care if i'm the only one, im used to that.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ESTP and ISTJ parents. No siblings.

Gravitate to FPs as friends.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type