User Tag List

Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: What types are your family and friends?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Mom: ENTP
    Dad: ESTJ
    Middle Bro: ISFP
    Little Bro: ENFJ

i have my mom's NT sense of humor. we're super close. my dad doesn't understand us, but he takes care of us (esp. my mom who gets lost all the time and can't fix stuff). as an estj, my dad is very involved in my bros lives when it comes to attending their sporting events and helping us financially.

my fam has a great balance. mom does the relational abstract communication stuff, dad does the concrete every day stuff and we three kids try to get more of a backbone from having T parents. being raised by Ts was the best thing that ever happened to me. seriously.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Mom: ENTP
    Dad: ESTJ
    Middle Bro: ISFP
    Little Bro: ENFJ

i have my mom's NT sense of humor. we're super close. my dad doesn't understand us, but he takes care of us (esp. my mom who gets lost all the time and can't fix stuff). as an estj, my dad is very involved in my bros lives when it comes to attending their sporting events and helping us financially.

my fam has a great balance. mom does the relational abstract communication stuff, dad does the concrete every day stuff and we three kids try to get more of a backbone from having T parents. being raised by Ts was the best thing that ever happened to me. seriously.
    That's an interesting dynamic between your parents, sounds pretty balanced out though.
    Would you say you relate differently to your youngest brother than the middle one, with the NF combination in common?
    And have you found your parents lacked empathy when you guys needed it? I've heard that for, particularly NF kids, being raised in a really sterile T environment can leave you feeling misunderstood. Although that doesn't really sound like your experience...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

yeah, sorry, not quite sure I understand the question.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

thank you merger! Could not find the original topic.

Senior Member Array LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I know an ENFJ called bronson. The description sounds a little like you, apart from the whole Melbourne thing. The writing style seems a little off though.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

Oh ok, right. well, I've never been to the US, so probably not me Would be quite the place to happen upon someone you already know though.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Dad: EnTJ (Choleric-Sanguine)
    Mom: InFP (Phlegmatic-Melancholy)
    Sister: ISTJ (Melancholy-Choleric)
    Me: ENFJ
    Brother:ESTJ (Choleric-Sanguine)

I could be off, but tried to type my family hopefully somewhat correctly! They've all taken the Florence Littauer test before and came up with the description in parenthesis.

Dad - Growing up my sister and I both felt we didn't relate as well. He's always been very opinionated and demanding, in what he expects of his children or right and wrong. He always has some topic he is crusading about, wether it be politics or religion. As I've gotten older into the workforce, I've grown more respect and appreciation for him. He's a computer genius and tireless help with any projects I need advice on.

Mom - She's always been very laid back and creative. She'll do pretty much anything to avoid conflict, and doesn't care about sides. While I have very strong feelings bonding or conflicting with my dad, my mom is mellow. At times I thought she didn't care, but it's just her personality. She is an amazing listener, always interested in my exciting adventures.

Sister - I'm closest to her of anybody in my family. She definitely has her own opinion, but goes quietly under the rug to get it. Very intellectual, excellent at writing, creativity, and organized although she is very quiet in public. People have asked her if she's feeling ok because she's so quiet, but she merely felt like she didn't have anything needed to say in the conversation.

Brother - He's a tough cookie to figure out. Very opinionated as a child, thought he should be the boss of the whole family. Doesn't read body language and feelings at all, although he can be sensitive. Teenager trying to figure out life. Very logical, does not like change.

Interesting family dynamic. My dad used to have us sit down at the table and write to-do lists every Sunday; I developed very analytical thinking thanks to him. We had a family crisis at one point and dad tried to direct us all in our emotions too all of a sudden, and we're like huh? When we would get in trouble with mom as a kid, she'd tell dad to discipline us when he got home. Then we'd go cry in mom's lap. lol!

I've laughingly told my mom that we have so many opinionated people in our family, if we all decided on one topic we'd make a powerful crusade.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by bronson View Post
    That's an interesting dynamic between your parents, sounds pretty balanced out though.
    Would you say you relate differently to your youngest brother than the middle one, with the NF combination in common?
    And have you found your parents lacked empathy when you guys needed it? I've heard that for, particularly NF kids, being raised in a really sterile T environment can leave you feeling misunderstood. Although that doesn't really sound like your experience...
    absolutely. me (25) and the youngest (12) are like the same. we ask the same kinds of questions, are huge communicators and need a lot of quality time. the middle (20) and i are close, but it's different. i know he feels like the black sheep at times, but because he is aware of how strange my mom can be (in that entp way) and he's the only other person who really knows besides me and my dad... he sort of has an "in" so to speak. he's pretty private though.

it's not my experience probably because my mom is pretty nurturing for an ENTP. not entirely sure why that is, but she seems to understand us NFs and adjust accordingly. she relates to us in the ways we need. although, i doubt she would hardly be the same to other NFs outside of our family... at least to that extent of effort and investment. she doesn't really give me touchy feely words of affirmation, but she is familiar with mbti and so she will say things for me just CAUSE i am an NF. example: in my bday cards sometimes she will write "an nf card for you" and it'll be all meaningful. haha. i have been very blessed in this way.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

MOM: INTP
    DAD: ISTJ
    STEPDAD : ENFP
    SISTER: ESFP (I THINK?)
    ME: ISFJ

Twerking & Lurking Array ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Mom: ISFJ [maybe T, Idk]
    Dad: ENTP
    Me: ISFP
    Jackie: ENFJ
    Maxinne: ISTJ [maybe F]
    Alex: ISFJ

I'm the loner SP. I relate not to any of them [especially my N members ]
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.