User Tag List

Page 27 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: What types are your family and friends?

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Me (16): ENFP
    Dad (47): Borderline INFP/ENFP
    Sister (12): INFP
    Half Sister (9): ENTJ (She lives with her mom half of the time).

As you can see, three elder NFPs are a tough match for a young ENTJ.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

(Family split and both remarried when I was 7 - we lived with Dad and stepmom)

Me: ENFP

Dad: ISTJ
    Step Mom: ISFJ
    Brother2: ESTJ?
    Sister:ESFP
    (step)Sister1: ISTJ
    Still working on Ss2 and Brother1 - pretty sure both are S.

Mom: ESFP
    StepDad: ISTJ

Nobody quite "got" me growing up. Ok, so they don't get me now, either.

Pure conjecture:
    I think at least one of my paternal grandparents is N. At least I tell myself that. I'm going to print out and try to get my 93 year old grandma to do a personality test. Grandpa is dead but I think he was NT.

I'm the only techie in my immediate family, but 3 of my cousins and uncle are techies. I think my female cousin is maybe INFP and my male cousins NTs. Still debating about the other cousins, although one is a chemist and one is a mechanic/car racer.

MBTI
    INTJ

Family:
    ENTJ (Dad) - I generally have a good relationship with my dad because we're both practical, no-nonsense, blunt and don't hold grudges. We argue quite frequently because he has a tendency to get angry over what I consider trivial things and I'll stand up to this injustice, but he'll be really lax over issues which I think are unacceptable. 5 minutes after an argument we'll be on good terms again though. He's very encouraging, but I think his style suited me better than my brothers; I've always got good results academically, but he let his disappointment show whenever my brothers didn't do well at school and they needed positivity and a bit more guidance. When I was a child I barely saw him because he spent all day at work and all night at wine bars. He loves parties. I love him though, and I see him as the linchpin of our family.

ISFP (Mum) - Since becoming a teenager I never understood her, up until a couple of years ago. Now I'm appreciating her a lot more. She is an artist, in literal terms also. I always argued against her 'illogical' approach as a teenager, and because I argued back it made things worse. She's a very good mother though, very caring and quite selfless. Only in recent years have I realised her shyness and vulnerability, and I feel quite protective of her now. She's very isolated but doesn't seem to mind. I feel that her attempts to install some guidance and direction were undermined by my dad's 'anything goes, as long as I don't care' approach.

ESxP (Younger brother) - Truly, he's a mystery to me. I'm not even sure whether he's introvert or extravert because he's so closed up at home, but seems really sociable with friends and they all seem to love him. I think ESTP is probably him. We don't really see eye to eye. I think I piss him off a lot because he sees me as being too rigid.

ENFJ (Youngest brother) - Again, I've only started to appreciate what he's about recently. He's always frustrated me because he's just so unbothered about everything except seeing his friends. Needless to say, he dropped out of school. I suppose I'm frustrated because he really doesn't seem to think about his own life; he always goes on about how all he cares about is making people laugh. But I feel maybe they laugh *at* him sometimes, and now he's the one suffering in some respects. He smokes cannabis regularly as well, which makes me sad. I see it as another way that he's deteriorating himself to fit in with others. I hope he'll grow into his life soon, because it does strike me that he can have low self-esteem sometimes.

(Interestingly, my mum and dad are MBTI opposites, so according to some theories they should be a perfect match... They got divorced. Not without some horrific shouting either. It's a case of totally different values.)

MBTI
    I

Dad - ENTJ
    Preaches, can go on and on lecturing. It's really ridiculous, and I get so bored and tired, with my short attention span. Talks a lot to people.
    I like to joke around with my dad, but we often get into arguments/conflicts. But we make up pretty quickly. He's even said that a great thing about me is that I don't hold grudges at all. If I argue with my dad, I forget about it a few minutes later.

Mom - INFJ
    Very concerned and caring about close people. Worries about a lot of stuff. Can seemingly predict events, good listener.
    Me and my mom sometimes have deep (intellectual) conversations. She gets upset or mad at me easily.

Older Sister - INTJ
    Has claimed that she doesn't like people at one point. Hangs out with people but is sometimes reluctant to interact.
    She and I have friendly conversations. She holds grudges for a long time.

Me - ISTP

While I'm at it - my mom has 6 siblings, and I know the types of four of them:
    ESFP, ISFP, ISFP, ESFJ

My cousins:
    ISTP, ESFJ, ISTJ, INFP, ISFP, etc.

My best friends are usually IxFP or ENFP.

There is no correlation between family and MBTI in this case.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

All my family members are in order of birth. I have a lot of them...

Dad: ISTP? (I'm not really sure, but I'm pretty sure on everything but the "P")
    Mom: ESFJ

Me: ISTJ (18)
    Sister 1: ISFJ (16)
    Sister 2: ISFJ (14)
    Brother 1: E-FJ? (13)
    Sister 3: E-F- (7)
    Sister 4: INF-? (5)
    Sister 5: -S-- (3)
    Sister 6: ---- (9 months)

I have a bunch of siblings. The parentheses are people's ages. Greater understanding of dynamics that way.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Me: ENFP...
    Update: Typed Brother1 as ISTP

MBTI
    ISTx

Family:
    Father (47): INFJ
    Mother (46): INFJ
    Older sister (24): INFJ
    Sister's husband (24?): INFP
    Me (22): ISTJ
    Younger brother (20): ISFP
    Youngest brother (15): ENFP

Best friends:
    1. Female ENFP
    2. Male ENxJ

Only T in the fam and I'm a pretty heavy T too... Fuck my life.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Father ISTJ
    Mother ENFJ
    Brother INXX (very difficult to type)
    Sister ESFJ
    Sister ISFP
    Me ENFP

Had thought they were all Js but now I'm not so sure.

MBTI
    ISTx

Sytpg, how healthy is your relationship between father and mother? If you don't mind my asking.

Banned Array

Father: E/INTJ (he has basically the exact same personality type as I do, it's quite awful)
    Mother: ESFJ
    Sister: ESFP
    Son #1: ESFP (ugh)
    Son #2: ENTP
    Son #3: not sure, he's only four but he's looking very INTJ already (quiet, mathematically inclined, less social, very interested in books and learning, fastidious and organized)
    Last edited by juggernaut; 04-11-2009 at 05:08 PM.