User Tag List

Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: What types are your family and friends?

Me: INTJ
    Mom: ESFP
    Dad: ISTJ

Dad's good for talking about deeper stuff, but it's a losing battle when it comes to arguments. Mom and I "fight" a lot, but she can never stay mad at me because I either shred her arugument to pieces and she comes back saying I was right, or I make her laugh.
    There are two types of people in this world, sheep and sharks. Be a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Headstrong: You're learning the ways of...me!
    INTP Friend: Yay!
    INTP Friend: Wait....NOOOOO

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
    -Plato

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    My parents were exactly like this (ISTJ mom, ISFJ dad). When I was in middle school, they would go on and on about how they felt the system was stupid, and how teachers were morons, and so on. Then, when I showed up with a detention for something silly like chewing gum, they became all rigid about how I shouldn't be blaming anyone else but myself because I had pissed the teacher off (there was no official anti-chewing gum rule).

They do this to my brothers (ENTP & INTP) as well. They would go on and on about how they should be their own people, how they should be individuals and stand up for themselves in the face of everyone else's values (and this would literally come in the form of a lecture). But now that my brothers are teenagers, and one has decided to grow his hair out longer for style while the other has let his grow unruly for lack of caring, my parents harp on them all the time to get it cut. They've even threatened to cut it themselves. In all fairness, though, this pressure comes more from my ISFJ dad than my ISTJ mom...which I think may reflect more of a homophobic tendency than a type related difference.
    That sounds like them alright. Though in your case, the "be yourself" part of it sound sound like the ISTJ's Fi. I guess with my parents, the concern was that if I did whatever I wanted, I would not be able to deal with the consequences. So they valued autonomy, but it was "don't complain when others reject it", and I was a complainer.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Actually, despite my mom and sis both being INFJ, they do not getting along the best. I believe it's because they both take things too sensitively. Being with INFJ's is not too bad really, you just have to be careful what you say. My sister tends to hold grudges too, she once didn't speak to me for a month over some small thing I said to her.

So above all, it's the F factor which makes me not get along with them, if anything. One time they got in a fight over the phone, and it's because one was accusing the other of saying something harsh. I thought they were both wrong in overreacting.
    Oh, being oversensitive, holding grudges, I recognise that all too well...
    My biggest problem with them is probably that they can't take criticisms. They are totally unable to accept a fair critique. Instead, they sulk for ages; for weeks, months or even years you can expect bitter remarks about it. Or they immediately try to retaliate with a desperate, irrational, and probably untrue comment of their own.

And then of course theres that they prefer comfortable lies to uncomfortable truths and that they can't tell jokes, but I'll save that for later..

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    infx

Me: INFJ

Mom: ESFJ
    Dad: ISTJ
    Brother: INTP
    Sister: ISFP
    Brother: ESTP

I get along the best with my sister. Me and my mother get along fine as well, but our communication could be improved. My intp brother and I can have interesting conversations. My mother says he and I were the two children most alike in terms of how we seemed to view the world, but weve never been close. I dont get along well with my father.

MBTI
    ENTP

Me: ENTJ
    Dad: INTP
    Brother: INTJ

My dads side of the family are all NTs, and are arrogant beyond belief. My mom's side are all SJs other than her father, and they are all very anal. My dad my brother and I all get along wonderfully. We regularly sit in my brother's room until 3 or so talking. All of us NTs are up in the air about the P/J, but from what I have observed I think the types I gave were correct. My mom is without a doubt the outsider in the family.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Brother: ISTJ

from my dads past relationship...

half-sister: ISFJ
    half-brother 1: ESFP
    half-brother 2: ESFP
    my sisters first son: ESTP
    my sisters second son: ISFP

In my imediate family I get along with everyone but fundamentaly with no one. I kinda feel manipulated with my father and my brother is usually, untiredly, an ashole forging plans to make me do his SJ stuff. He usually sets traps to "punish" me because he thinks I make my life to "easy" for myself. I respect my mother the most. Although we don't have the same values all the time I still love her because she always speaks her mind.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Me: ENFP
    Mom: ENFJ
    Dad: INTJ? (not so sure on him yet)

I get along best with my mom. My dad and I don't get along that well. He sees things very black and white, and I don't. We get into a lot of arguments.
    ENFP 4w5

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Mom: ENFP
    Dad: ISTP
    Me: INFP

Parents are divorced, no siblings.

My mom has a mental condition, she is very unhealthy. She can't stop talking, and wants constant attention and thinks everyone should cater to her. So yeah, that's why they got divorced, my dad couldn't take it much anymore.

My dad is a great guy, the fact that we are IXXP makes it an excellent living-together relationship (I'm still in the house until I finish my Associate's degree). We leave each other to our space, and we don't really care for planning things to do, we just go and do something when we get bored.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

Senior Member Array

Mom: ISTJ
    Brother: ESTP

And me INFJ (big sister). And I had them confirm the types too.
    Four different temperaments makes a strange family.
    Dad's pretty unhealthy: temperamental, alcoholic, emotionally abusive and something undiagnosed.

EDIT: I'll give this much info for Eck's model.
    Dad: conflict frequency & force: from high to current nearing medium, corpses left after it
    (We're both strong characters and too similar, yet too different. But have been getting along better now that I've learned better how INTPs work. Give him something Ti-ish to munch on and bite my tongue like hell. Now if I could get him to stop being emotionally abusive. Argh.)
    Mom: conflict frequency & force: medium to infrequent, mild and usually irritating
    Brother: conflict frequency & force: besides teasing.. rare, but the few times have been loud and short
    Last edited by sade; 01-09-2009 at 09:47 AM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah

Quote Originally Posted by LunaIndigo View Post
    Me: ENFP
    Dad: INTJ? (not so sure on him yet)

My dad and I don't get along that well. He sees things very black and white, and I don't. We get into a lot of arguments.
    ENFP-INTJ doesn't seem like a good match; so I'm not surprised. At least in my imagination they have very different ways of looking at the world. I also recognize that black and white thing; INTJs have a tendency to do that. Narrow-minded may be too harsh, but they certainly have a very fixed way of seeing things. When that view is challenged by the world they easily get frustrated. I often find them childish because of that.