• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Mom: ENTP
Dad: ESTJ
Middle Bro: ISFP
Little Bro: ENFJ

i have my mom's NT sense of humor. we're super close. my dad doesn't understand us, but he takes care of us (esp. my mom who gets lost all the time and can't fix stuff). as an estj, my dad is very involved in my bros lives when it comes to attending their sporting events and helping us financially.

my fam has a great balance. mom does the relational abstract communication stuff, dad does the concrete every day stuff and we three kids try to get more of a backbone from having T parents. being raised by Ts was the best thing that ever happened to me. seriously.

bronson

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Mom: ENTP
Dad: ESTJ
Middle Bro: ISFP
Little Bro: ENFJ

i have my mom's NT sense of humor. we're super close. my dad doesn't understand us, but he takes care of us (esp. my mom who gets lost all the time and can't fix stuff). as an estj, my dad is very involved in my bros lives when it comes to attending their sporting events and helping us financially.

my fam has a great balance. mom does the relational abstract communication stuff, dad does the concrete every day stuff and we three kids try to get more of a backbone from having T parents. being raised by Ts was the best thing that ever happened to me. seriously.

That's an interesting dynamic between your parents, sounds pretty balanced out though.
Would you say you relate differently to your youngest brother than the middle one, with the NF combination in common?
And have you found your parents lacked empathy when you guys needed it? I've heard that for, particularly NF kids, being raised in a really sterile T environment can leave you feeling misunderstood. Although that doesn't really sound like your experience...

bronson

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
yeah, sorry, not quite sure I understand the question.

bronson

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
thank you merger! Could not find the original topic.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I know an ENFJ called bronson. The description sounds a little like you, apart from the whole Melbourne thing. The writing style seems a little off though.

bronson

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Oh ok, right. well, I've never been to the US, so probably not me :) Would be quite the place to happen upon someone you already know though.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Dad: EnTJ (Choleric-Sanguine)
Mom: InFP (Phlegmatic-Melancholy)
Sister: ISTJ (Melancholy-Choleric)
Me: ENFJ
Brother:ESTJ (Choleric-Sanguine)

I could be off, but tried to type my family hopefully somewhat correctly! They've all taken the Florence Littauer test before and came up with the description in parenthesis.

Dad - Growing up my sister and I both felt we didn't relate as well. He's always been very opinionated and demanding, in what he expects of his children or right and wrong. He always has some topic he is crusading about, wether it be politics or religion. As I've gotten older into the workforce, I've grown more respect and appreciation for him. He's a computer genius and tireless help with any projects I need advice on.

Mom - She's always been very laid back and creative. She'll do pretty much anything to avoid conflict, and doesn't care about sides. While I have very strong feelings bonding or conflicting with my dad, my mom is mellow. At times I thought she didn't care, but it's just her personality. She is an amazing listener, always interested in my exciting adventures.

Sister - I'm closest to her of anybody in my family. She definitely has her own opinion, but goes quietly under the rug to get it. Very intellectual, excellent at writing, creativity, and organized although she is very quiet in public. People have asked her if she's feeling ok because she's so quiet, but she merely felt like she didn't have anything needed to say in the conversation.

Brother - He's a tough cookie to figure out. Very opinionated as a child, thought he should be the boss of the whole family. Doesn't read body language and feelings at all, although he can be sensitive. Teenager trying to figure out life. Very logical, does not like change.

Interesting family dynamic. My dad used to have us sit down at the table and write to-do lists every Sunday; I developed very analytical thinking thanks to him. We had a family crisis at one point and dad tried to direct us all in our emotions too all of a sudden, and we're like huh?:shock: When we would get in trouble with mom as a kid, she'd tell dad to discipline us when he got home. Then we'd go cry in mom's lap. lol!

I've laughingly told my mom that we have so many opinionated people in our family, if we all decided on one topic we'd make a powerful crusade.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
That's an interesting dynamic between your parents, sounds pretty balanced out though.
Would you say you relate differently to your youngest brother than the middle one, with the NF combination in common?
And have you found your parents lacked empathy when you guys needed it? I've heard that for, particularly NF kids, being raised in a really sterile T environment can leave you feeling misunderstood. Although that doesn't really sound like your experience...

absolutely. me (25) and the youngest (12) are like the same. we ask the same kinds of questions, are huge communicators and need a lot of quality time. the middle (20) and i are close, but it's different. i know he feels like the black sheep at times, but because he is aware of how strange my mom can be (in that entp way) and he's the only other person who really knows besides me and my dad... he sort of has an "in" so to speak. he's pretty private though.

it's not my experience probably because my mom is pretty nurturing for an ENTP. not entirely sure why that is, but she seems to understand us NFs and adjust accordingly. she relates to us in the ways we need. although, i doubt she would hardly be the same to other NFs outside of our family... at least to that extent of effort and investment. she doesn't really give me touchy feely words of affirmation, but she is familiar with mbti and so she will say things for me just CAUSE i am an NF. example: in my bday cards sometimes she will write "an nf card for you" and it'll be all meaningful. haha. i have been very blessed in this way.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
MOM: INTP
DAD: ISTJ
STEPDAD : ENFP
SISTER: ESFP (I THINK?)
ME: ISFJ

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mom: ISFJ [maybe T, Idk]
Dad: ENTP
Me: ISFP
Jackie: ENFJ
Maxinne: ISTJ [maybe F]
Alex: ISFJ

I'm the loner SP. I relate not to any of them [especially my N members :(]

Curious1

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
Mother - IxFP (probably an N but I'm not sure)
Father - ENTJ (guessing and unsure about the J/P part)
Both 1/2 sisters - ENFPs
1/2 brother - ENFP
1/2 brother - INTP

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
EDIT

Family
Mom: iSFP (who is selectively Extraverted; that can get annoying)
Dad: ESTP
Nanna: ESFP (who is so much like what people described Marilyn Monroe to be)
Grandpa: ISFJ (who is so true to this type it hurts)
Brother: ESTP
Female Cousin: EStP
Male Cousin #1: ESFj
Male Cousin #2: ISTP
All Uncles and Aunts except one SJ uncle and two SJ aunts are SPs.
Only a few out of the eleven (Yes! Eleven!) are introverted and they're extreme.

Friends
Good Female Friend #1: ESFJ
Good Female Friend #2: IStP
Good Female Friend #3: ESTP
Good Female Friend #4: iNFJ
Good Gay Male Friend #5: isfP (He's very Fi-dom)
Good Female Friend #8: ISFJ
Good Female Friend #9: iStP
Most of my closest (straight) guy friends have been NTs. I don't typically hang around Sensor guys too much. They either think I'm too weird or too serious. My best guy friend in high school, an ESTP, told me that I was rather intimidating. Maybe that's why I'm not friends with too many of them...?

Relationship
Boyfriend #1: EnTP

Don't interact with too many TJs.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Mother: ENFJ
Father: ISTJ
Brother: ISTJ

Friends:
ESFJ
ESFP - though we are estrangled
ISFJ
ISTJ
ISTJ

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Mother(EXTJ):pretty sure ENTJ at this point. Extremely independent, driven, career woman. Ivy league grad. Status oriented. Very artistic. Plays by the rules. Somewhat socially naive. Will argue about anything. Used to provoke me into arguments just to see how "good" I had gotten at defending my positions. Very controlling, which is where we have issues. Needs to have everything exactly how she's envisioned it. Cannot rest to save her life. Also, very loving. Would do absolutely anything in her power to help someone she thinks deserves it. Creative.

Grandfather(EXTJ):Strong silent type until you got him talking, then he wouldn't stop. Always had some story to tell with a moral at the end. Very punctual and observant of traditions. We got along great. He was such a strong man, so sure of himself. Even when I knew he was wrong, I'd just listen to whatever he had to say without argument. Not emotionally showy, but expressed his love by spending lots of time doing activities that bonded us together. Had immense respect for him. I was his favorite, which meant a lot.

Grandmother(ESTP??):She's flashy, extremely outgoing, and all about her social organizations. She could careless what anyone thinks, she does as she damn well pleases. At her worst, she tries to pit people against each other on the sly. At her best, she is utterly hilarious, great to talk to, always on the go, and forever young. We've never had a problem.

Favorite Uncle1(EXFJ)

Favorite Uncle2(ESFP)

BIL(ISFP)
: Very sweet, depressive, guilt-stricken about leaving his mother, and unmotivated to do much of anything. He occasionally comes to me for advice.
BIL2(ESTJ): Love him!! Absolute favorite in-law. No emo frills, but totally high maintenance material guy. He's funny, gets straight to the point, and loves going out and doing exciting new things. Collects motorcycles and all things that look expensive. Never ever late. Ultraconservative. We have great debates that always end in us laughing at each other. Total man's man, but gets along great with the ladies cause he knows when to just shut up and listen.:D
MIL(INFJ):Also very sweet, but has a way of getting people to do her bidding in ways that only benefit her, and then convinces herself that it was for the good of everyone involved. She is very generous with her material possessions and would offer her home to a complete stranger. Depressive and jealous of others with an irrational temper that she doesn't mind displaying. Attracts abusive EXTPs.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Mom: ENFP
Sister 1: ESFJ
Sister 2: ESFx

Dad: Ixxx - never tested very possibly INFP with a highly developed T as a master electrician but am very unsure.

Husband was ENTJ

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My father was an ESFP. But he had viral meningitis a few years back and he's not quite the same person. He took the test recently and scored ESFJ, but his J was only 1% so I'm not sure about him. I also have conflicting feelings about him. We don't really connect and never have. I don't blame our types or anything but there is a realy S/N barrier. I am also very introverted, he is very extroverted so he finds it hard to understand that I need a lot of time to recharge. I love him dearly, but he has let me down a lot in the past. But we are working through our issues now and I can't take it away from him he's an excellent father. There's just no connection or communication going on.

My mother is a hardcore ENFJ. We get on rather well, but he also clash. Our enneagram types are also very similar, I am 2w1 and she is 2w3. She often manipulates, mostly without realising it and I catch her out and an argument will errupt. But she's a fantastic parent, considering what a hopeless case her INFJ daughter is ;P She gets the balance between being tough and gentle perfectly. She has helped to make me the best individual I can be.

I am the oldest of three siblings. The second sibling is INFP. She is my best friend. I love her dearly and she is probably the only person I can be myself around. I rub her up the wrong way with my bossiness though ;P There isn't such a need for verbal communication, which is perfect for us as we are both very introverted. It's like we "just know" with most things.

My youngest sister is ENFP. There is quite an age gap between us so I am more mothering towards her. She never fails to make me giggle. But she can be very moody, but somehow I am able to handle her...just about :)

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Mom - ESFJ
Dad - ISTP
Sister - ISTJ
Other Sister - INFP
Brother - ISTJ

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP