User Tag List

Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 918

Thread: What types are your family and friends?

  1. #161
    lackluster primate Array Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Father: ENTJ:
    Conflict frequency: infrequent
    Reason: Generally have similar perspectives. Socially, we tend to debate a lot -- it's good practice, plus it's enjoyable to defend a position in a friendly atmosphere. Makes for great opportunity to advance personal philosophies.

    Force of conflicts: good-natured
    Reason: I'm not interested in ostracizing a parent over gaps in ideology. It's rare for an issue to arise that would sufficiently test the mettle of this mutual commitment.

    Efficiency when working together: sufficient
    Reason: Outside of family get-togethers, we don't really collaborate on group projects.

    Succesful strategies: See above.

    Unsuccessful strategies: Taking friendly debates personally. He gets enraged; I become mean-spirited.

    Mom :ISTJ:
    Conflict frequency: often
    Reason: Vast philosophical differences in lifestyle.

    Force of conflicts: profound
    Reason: Not really worth getting into.

    Notes: Exceptionally smart. Very self-motivated. Destructive.

    Younger brother: IsFP:
    Good fellow; yet, lazy and lacks ambition. His lack of credentials has stunted employment opportunities, which has made for a rocky relationship with our father.

    Other mentionables:

    Wife: ENFJ:
    Great Type pairing with INTJ. Sometimes the NJ urgency makes it difficult to see eye-to-eye on SP issues.

    Brothers-in-law: ESTP; ENTJ
    Couldn't ask for a better matchup.

    Best friend: INTJ:
    Known since I was a kid. Highly intelligent. Somewhat linear religious perspective creates artificial distances.

  2. #162
    Senior Member Array sonata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    iNtJ
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Mom: INFJ - we get along very well for the most part. We're extremely similar and she knows me probably better than anyone. She's always been there for me and pretty much saved my life on multiple occasions. However, the T-F thing is definitely there. She doesn't always make sense, and she's devoted to fixing everyone she meets (including me). I sometimes say things that hurt her feelings without knowing and she'll ignore it and then two months later she starts yelling about it. This hasn't happened so much lately, though. I try to be good.

    Stepfather: ESTJ - This doesn't work. Vicious cycle of nastiness. He speaks to me like I'm a complete idiot, I rip his logic to shreds in the worst way I can think of. He has an obsession with household chores. They fascinate him. What those two see in each other is a great mystery of life. I guess he's dependable and she likes his sense of humor.

    Sister: ESFJ - She's a lot younger than me so there was never much 'rivalry'. She has this sort of instant charm thing --- people who see her immediately adore her. Whenever we have the opportunity to do something fabulous like go to Italy, she complains that she will miss the dogs and cats too much. She and my mom go from over-the-top (from my perspective) Fe expressions of love to screaming, crying hatred every other day. I sort of mediate. Her father ^ understands her better than anyone else in the family. I do love her, but she thinks I hate her.

  3. #163
    Senior Member Array Darjur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    493

    Default

    As it looks. N's seems to really dislike the SJ's.

  4. #164
    lackluster primate Array Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    As it looks. N's seems to really dislike the SJ's.
    No -- at least not for me.

    My reasons are unrelated to type.

  5. #165
    The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    6,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    No -- at least not for me.

    My reasons are unrelated to type.
    if types have a correlation with personnality is it really unrelated?

    I'm not saying it's a rule, just that there's a correlation.

    edit: the strength of the S\N could also have a role.

    I mean, i have an isfp sister. she's not SJ, and is smart. Yet she's totally blind to some concepts, unable to see potential when at the same intelligence level an N would get excited\curious at least.

    Yet she's working in a scientific environnement. It's a really different approach to the world that can be frustrating for an N and lead to communication problems.
    I never really clash with her but I know i'd go crazy if i had to face her view of life everyday. It's like she doesn't see half of what's under her nose and will get overly interested in that one little and incomplete part.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #166
    lackluster primate Array Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    if types have a correlation with personnality is it really unrelated?

    I'm not saying it's a rule, just that there's a correlation.

    edit: the strength of the S\N could also have a role.

    I mean, i have an isfp sister. she's not SJ, and is smart. Yet she's totally blind to some concepts, unable to see potential when at the same intelligence level an N would get excited\curious at least.

    Yet she's working in a scientific environnement. It's a really different approach to the world that can be frustrating for an N and lead to communication problems.
    I never really clash with her but I know i'd go crazy if i had to face her view of life everyday. It's like she doesn't see half of what's under her nose and will get overly interested in that one little and incomplete part.
    Well, without getting into specifics, my rationale is primarily concerned with adverse biochemistry and its relationship to lifestyle/behavior.

    Type is far removed from analytical consideration -- more a caveat, if mentionable at all.

  7. #167
    Plumage and Moult Array proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,523

    Default

    Merged threads.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  8. #168
    Senior Member Array fleurdujour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to look at data on how types occur within families and see if there are patterns. In this thread post your type, what you can best estimate the types are of your parents (or whoever raised you) and siblings, and the birth order and gender of your siblings.

    Me (Female): INTP

    Mother: ENFJ
    Father: INTJ

    (No siblings)

    Me (female): INFJ

    Mother: ESTJ
    Father: ISTP
    Brother: ISTP

  9. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Mom - ISTJ - she's incredibly emotionally volatile and takes out whatever bothers her on everyone around her. she needs to get exactly her way to the dot. If you disagree with anything she says, it's because you hate her (in her mind). She treated me like shit as a child because I reminded her of her slacker asshole ENTP dad. She can't understand my way of thinking much at all. But she's very intelligent. Unfortunately she just uses it to manipulate everyone.
    Dad - INTP - we get along extremely well and always have, but he's a bit of a pussy and never stands up to my mom. He's usually very quiet and withdrawn because it's his way of protecting himself for the world. He's incredibly intelligent (a genius I would say), but doesn't use his intelligence much in his everyday life except for his job (real estate investor). I really like talking to him because he always understands everything I say immediately and can add some cool insight, but I'm kinda pissed at him for never protecting his children against his crazy-ass wife (and he should have divorced her long ago)...
    Brother - ENTP - he agrees with everything I say, pretty much always (3 years younger). He's funny, but somewhat of an arrogant asshole. He's a smart little fucker, though. We have interesting conversations, I guess, but he never disagrees with me, so they end up being a bit short (unless I disagree with him, and then I explain why, and then he agrees and it ends anyway).

    But yeah, I'm the only F, and an FJ at that, so I end up feeling like I'm protecting all of them all the time. They don't really get that part of me or see it much... My mom feels like she does everything for the family, but she really has no idea...

    Also, I think I understand people in a way that most of them don't, so it's hard to talk about people-oriented stuff, which is a big part of my thinking...
    Holy Jesu- we need to football huddle on this shite. I can RELATE.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

  10. #170
    Senior Member Array fleurdujour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Holy Jesu- we need to football huddle on this shite. I can RELATE.
    Ha I agree ... I am not the only J, but the only F and the only N, and let me tell you, that was tough growing up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 05:39 AM
  2. [E6] Enneagram 6: What are your variants and what scares you?
    By The Great One in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 06:30 PM
  3. [ISFJ] isfj: what are your hobbies and interest?
    By gasoline in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 07:10 PM
  4. [NT] NT only: Which type are your closest friends of the same sex?
    By fragrance in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 10:22 AM
  5. [ISTJ] ISTJ's - What type are your parents?
    By swordpath in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 07:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO