• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are your family and friends?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Me (16): ENFP
Dad (47): Borderline INFP/ENFP
Sister (12): INFP
Half Sister (9): ENTJ (She lives with her mom half of the time).

As you can see, three elder NFPs are a tough match for a young ENTJ.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
(Family split and both remarried when I was 7 - we lived with Dad and stepmom)

Me: ENFP

Dad: ISTJ
Step Mom: ISFJ
Brother2: ESTJ?
Sister:ESFP
(step)Sister1: ISTJ
Still working on Ss2 and Brother1 - pretty sure both are S.

Mom: ESFP
StepDad: ISTJ

Nobody quite "got" me growing up. Ok, so they don't get me now, either.

Pure conjecture:
I think at least one of my paternal grandparents is N. At least I tell myself that. I'm going to print out and try to get my 93 year old grandma to do a personality test. Grandpa is dead but I think he was NT.

I'm the only techie in my immediate family, but 3 of my cousins and uncle are techies. I think my female cousin is maybe INFP and my male cousins NTs. Still debating about the other cousins, although one is a chemist and one is a mechanic/car racer.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Family:
ENTJ (Dad) - I generally have a good relationship with my dad because we're both practical, no-nonsense, blunt and don't hold grudges. We argue quite frequently because he has a tendency to get angry over what I consider trivial things and I'll stand up to this injustice, but he'll be really lax over issues which I think are unacceptable. 5 minutes after an argument we'll be on good terms again though. He's very encouraging, but I think his style suited me better than my brothers; I've always got good results academically, but he let his disappointment show whenever my brothers didn't do well at school and they needed positivity and a bit more guidance. When I was a child I barely saw him because he spent all day at work and all night at wine bars. He loves parties. I love him though, and I see him as the linchpin of our family.

ISFP (Mum) - Since becoming a teenager I never understood her, up until a couple of years ago. Now I'm appreciating her a lot more. She is an artist, in literal terms also. I always argued against her 'illogical' approach as a teenager, and because I argued back it made things worse. She's a very good mother though, very caring and quite selfless. Only in recent years have I realised her shyness and vulnerability, and I feel quite protective of her now. She's very isolated but doesn't seem to mind. I feel that her attempts to install some guidance and direction were undermined by my dad's 'anything goes, as long as I don't care' approach.

ESxP (Younger brother) - Truly, he's a mystery to me. I'm not even sure whether he's introvert or extravert because he's so closed up at home, but seems really sociable with friends and they all seem to love him. I think ESTP is probably him. We don't really see eye to eye. I think I piss him off a lot because he sees me as being too rigid.

ENFJ (Youngest brother) - Again, I've only started to appreciate what he's about recently. He's always frustrated me because he's just so unbothered about everything except seeing his friends. Needless to say, he dropped out of school. I suppose I'm frustrated because he really doesn't seem to think about his own life; he always goes on about how all he cares about is making people laugh. But I feel maybe they laugh *at* him sometimes, and now he's the one suffering in some respects. He smokes cannabis regularly as well, which makes me sad. I see it as another way that he's deteriorating himself to fit in with others. I hope he'll grow into his life soon, because it does strike me that he can have low self-esteem sometimes.

(Interestingly, my mum and dad are MBTI opposites, so according to some theories they should be a perfect match... They got divorced. Not without some horrific shouting either. It's a case of totally different values.)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Dad - ENTJ
Preaches, can go on and on lecturing. It's really ridiculous, and I get so bored and tired, with my short attention span. Talks a lot to people.
I like to joke around with my dad, but we often get into arguments/conflicts. But we make up pretty quickly. He's even said that a great thing about me is that I don't hold grudges at all. If I argue with my dad, I forget about it a few minutes later.

Mom - INFJ
Very concerned and caring about close people. Worries about a lot of stuff. Can seemingly predict events, good listener.
Me and my mom sometimes have deep (intellectual) conversations. She gets upset or mad at me easily.

Older Sister - INTJ
Has claimed that she doesn't like people at one point. Hangs out with people but is sometimes reluctant to interact.
She and I have friendly conversations. She holds grudges for a long time.

Me - ISTP

While I'm at it - my mom has 6 siblings, and I know the types of four of them:
ESFP, ISFP, ISFP, ESFJ

My cousins:
ISTP, ESFJ, ISTJ, INFP, ISFP, etc.

My best friends are usually IxFP or ENFP.

There is no correlation between family and MBTI in this case.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All my family members are in order of birth. I have a lot of them...

Dad: ISTP? (I'm not really sure, but I'm pretty sure on everything but the "P")
Mom: ESFJ

Me: ISTJ (18)
Sister 1: ISFJ (16)
Sister 2: ISFJ (14)
Brother 1: E-FJ? (13)
Sister 3: E-F- (7)
Sister 4: INF-? (5)
Sister 5: -S-- (3)
Sister 6: ---- (9 months)

I have a bunch of siblings. :D The parentheses are people's ages. Greater understanding of dynamics that way.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Family:
Father (47): INFJ
Mother (46): INFJ
Older sister (24): INFJ
Sister's husband (24?): INFP
Me (22): ISTJ
Younger brother (20): ISFP
Youngest brother (15): ENFP

Best friends:
1. Female ENFP
2. Male ENxJ

Only T in the fam and I'm a pretty heavy T too... Fuck my life. :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Father ISTJ
Mother ENFJ
Brother INXX (very difficult to type)
Sister ESFJ
Sister ISFP
Me ENFP

Had thought they were all Js but now I'm not so sure.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Sytpg, how healthy is your relationship between father and mother? If you don't mind my asking.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Father: E/INTJ (he has basically the exact same personality type as I do, it's quite awful)
Mother: ESFJ
Sister: ESFP
Son #1: ESFP (ugh)
Son #2: ENTP
Son #3: not sure, he's only four but he's looking very INTJ already (quiet, mathematically inclined, less social, very interested in books and learning, fastidious and organized)

Last edited:

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Father: ISTP
Mother: ISFJ
Me(female): ISFP
Brother(2nd from me): ENFJ/ESFJ
Brother(youngest): ESTP

P.S. My mother and I took the test. For my 1st brother, I believe he's N because he likes programming which focuses on the abstract(btw, I hate programming.).

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Me (male) - INFJ
Mother - ESFJ
Older sister (4 years) - ESTJ

Couldn't get my father to take the test, as he says he doesn't believe in "these things". I think it's because he's afraid of getting "labeled" and analyzed. He is xSTJ (i think he's an I, but i am not totally sure)

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Brother - ISTJ
Grandma - ESF?
Grandpa - ISTJ
Mother - FAIL
Father - FAIL

Krys - ENFP
Casey - ENFP
Chase - INFJ
Tim - INTJ
Shan - ENTP
Curtis - ENTP
Barry - ESTP

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me: INFP
My mom: ISFJ
My sister: ESFP
My step-dad: IxFP....?
My dad: ENTP

My grandma: ESFJ
My uncle: ENTJ ?
Aunt #1: ENTP....maybe INTP
Aunt #2: ENFP

Last edited:

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
dad ESTJ
mom ENFJ
sister ISFJ.

Friends ENFP, ENTP, ENFP, ExFP, ExTP, INFP, INFJ, ISTP

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dad - ISTJ, very high IS, moderate TJ
Mom - ESFJ, very high SF, moderate EJ

Me - INTJ, very high N, moderate ITJ
Brother - INFP
Sister - ESFP

Husband - INTJ, strong INT and low J

Close friends
M: INTJ, strong INT, low J
F: INTJ, strong on all preferences
B: INTJ, moderate on all preferences
J: INTJ, moderate on all preferences
R: INTJ, strong on all preferences

Haha, see a pattern here? :D

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(Based on my opinion; they haven't taken a test except for my brother who was slightly too young to understand all of the questions [he scored ISTJ, but I think that's wrong])

Mom - INFP
Father - ESTP
Sister - ISFP
Brother - ISTP

I don't have any friends, really, so I can't list any for that category. Back when I did have friends, they were mostly NFs with a couple of people from each of the other temperaments.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Mother - extremely unhealthy xSxJ
Father - very unhealthy IxxP
Sister - xSFP

Ex - INTP

Various friends (best guesses, could be wrong):
- INTP married to ISFJ
- ESFP married to ISxx
- ISTJ married to ENTP
- ISFJ (maybe?)