• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Because I'm an XXXX."

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Stop using your type as an excuse.

Yeah, you may be an XXXX. And that type influences your natural preferences. You may not like to speak in public because you're an INTP. You may not prefer to sit at home and watch CNN because you're an ESFP. Whatever.

But, dammit, your type does not dictate what you are and are not capable of.

Push your boundaries. And stop using your type as an excuse to sit at home/not get the girl/stay unemployed/act like a jerk/whatever the case may be.

With love,
Rajah

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Well I can do what I want, because I'm ISFP.

wolfy

awsm
I wish I was an ENTP so I could start these types of threads. Bravo!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Yeah, you may be an XXXX. And that type influences your natural preferences. You may not like to speak in public because you're an INTP. You may not prefer to sit at home and watch CNN because you're an ESFP. Whatever.

Push your boundaries. And stop using your type as an excuse to sit at home/not get the girl/stay unemployed/act like a jerk/whatever the case may be.

With love,
Rajah

I agree with you, because that's the politically correct thing to do, and I'm an...

Ironically, I'd have to disagree with you in order to show that I agree with you. So I will.

Type doesn't limit ability, but it does define natural talent and inclination. That does it make it something of an excuse as to why you don't perform as well at something the first few times as another type did, but it's not an excuse for failure to improve from your own previous performance.

There, so I just agreed with you by disagreeing with you. Enjoy. :)

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9

With love,
Rajah

can i propose to you?

wolfy

awsm
You can overcome your limitations with skills and knowledge but on the other hand without limits and boundaries what strength can we find in types?
None it would seem.
What would define the types? Our strengths come with weaknesses.

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You can overcome your limitations with skills and knowledge but on the other hand without limits and boundaries what strength can we find in types?
None it would seem.
What would define the types? Our strengths come with weaknesses.
I think the point is to recognize your natural talents (dictated in part by type), and strive to stretch them. What's the point if you don't?

wolfy

awsm
I think the point is to recognize your natural talents (dictated in part by type), and strive to stretch them. What's the point if you don't?

That's how I see it too. But by accepting the talents as true you also accept the weakness.

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
That's how I see it too. But by accepting the talents as true you also accept the weakness.
True. But accepting the weakness doesn't mean you have to be paralyzed by it.

wolfy

awsm
True. But accepting the weakness doesn't mean you have to be paralyzed by it.

Results are everything.
If you need to you can build your weak areas through skills and knowledge. The pay off wouldn't be as good as working on your talents.

I agree with what you said in the OP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well as an enfp...i'd appreciate you not noticing my weaknesses because i prefer not to think of them.

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Results are everything.
If you need to you can build your weak areas through skills and knowledge. The pay off wouldn't be as good as working on your talents.
Not true. Anecdotal completely, but... I was an abysmal public speaker. I ran off stage crying nearly every time. Worked really, really hard at it. Ended up taking awards in moot court and am now teaching. So something clearly NOT a preference and NOT a talent ended up being a valuable skill after lots of work.

Not only that, overcoming that difficulty gave me a lot more confidence. That was the best thing I got out of it - turning something I was terrible at and afraid of into something I'm reasonably good at.

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
not after seeing how i look. which reminds me, i need to take pictures.
I'm looking forward to it.

... my soon-to-be betrothed?

(My boyfriend may have issues with this.)