User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 66

  1. #41
    Your time is gonna come. Oom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    On the other, you have these really whiny NTPs that insist on viewing everything in terms of humanity in contexts where that don't make sense, focus on how a system affects people, say weird things about authenticity and being human, and have really esoteric personal truths that are based on some subjective sense of justice with an unclear origin that they can't explain properly.
    I wonder if you're referring to me.

    If you are, you didn't have to write a whole paragraph on me.

  2. #42
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    I wonder if you're referring to me.

    If you are, you didn't have to write a whole paragraph on me.
    I'm not referring to you specifically. But you did remind me of an entire spectrum of NTPs. Several would fit in that category.

    It wasn't meant to be insulting, although it might have come across that way because I happen to like that group of NTPs less than the other one. That's only because I can't understand where the group you're in is coming from most of the time, though.

    NTPs are so complex that trying to categorize all the different variants of them would take forever, though.

  3. #43
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    It wasn't meant to be insulting, although it might have come across that way because I happen to like that group of NTPs less than the other one. That's only because I can't understand where the group you're in is coming from most of the time, though.
    LOL. "Hey, no offense, but you're whiny, make statements about humanity that don't make sense, and have esoteric beliefs which you think are 'truths' (but are really subjective). That's why I think that you belong to my invented subtype of NTPs that are whiny, make statements about humanity that don't make sense, and have esoteric beliefs which they think are "truths" (but are really subjective)."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  4. #44
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    LOL. "Hey, no offense, but you're whiny, make statements about humanity that don't make sense, and have esoteric beliefs which you think are 'truths' (but are really subjective). That's why I think that you belong to my invented subtype of NTPs that are whiny, make statements about humanity that don't make sense, and have esoteric beliefs which they think are "truths" (but are really subjective)."
    It sounds mean when you say it like that. I hope they didn't take it that way. If they did, I apologize.

    I've actually had that subtype in mind for a long time, and not all the qualities applied to that person.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Jesus Christ, it seems to me this thread has been taken a little to serious.

    Strengths = Good for you

    Weaknesses = Put it into perspective and get over it.

    Just an observation but do NT's not generally like any form of criticism?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  6. #46
    Senior Member velocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    epic
    Posts
    477

    Default you go girl!

    when we limit ourselves to only one small (& safe) slice of the universe, we forget that there are whole other dimensions out there. (both internally and externally - just waiting to be explored! )

    and we are already so infinitesimal, we shouldn't try to squash ourselves any more.

  7. #47
    Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Just an observation but do NT's not generally like any form of criticism?
    Does anyone really like criticism?


    I... suppose. Yeah!

  8. #48
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Does anyone really like criticism?
    I understand the effectiveness of its use. I find the emotional reaction to criticism to be a hindrance to improving upon weaknesses and thus something that should be aimed to be avoided. But, that's only because I'm an ISTJ.


  9. #49
    Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I understand the effectiveness of its use. I find the emotional reaction to criticism to be a hindrance to improving upon weaknesses and thus something that should be aimed to be avoided. But, that's only because I'm an ISTJ.
    I appreciate critique. I use it to improve what I'm doing. But I can't honestly say I enjoy it!


    I... suppose. Yeah!

  10. #50

    Default

    I like the Japanese saying 'Good medicine is bitter to the taste'

Similar Threads

  1. Is it possible to be an "XXXX"?
    By swordpath in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 09:21 PM
  2. Being an XXXX is fun...
    By Fay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 07:51 AM
  3. Ask an XXXX
    By ThatGirl in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 09:33 PM
  4. You Know You're An XXXX When...
    By PoprocksAndCoke in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 02:14 AM
  5. Just because you're an N....
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO