User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Yep. I can't possibly dislike incorrect grammar.

Because I'm an ENTP.
    Believe me, I don't get it either. The right-brained Ps might have given you all a bad reputation as far as precision and ability to spell goes.

I've noticed that NTPs exist between two poles. You have the ones that insist on precision in meaning (often defining words to avoid ambiguity), use a larger lexicon, and are bothered by poor grammar and spelling on one side.

On the other, there are the ones that claim spelling and grammar are "conventional cant" or something, assume they know what words mean when they don't, have very short attention spans, struggle with verbal complexity, and are very good at throwing out simple, random, irrelevant ideas, and coming up with ways to solve problems as they arise.

So my theory is that the first group of NTPs consists of left-brain, Ti-focused ones, and the second group consists of right-brained, Ne-focused ones. Most NTPs aren't at one of the two poles, and fall somewhere between them.

On the other hand, the only real difference might be that I like the way the first group thinks, and dislike the way the second group thinks.

Yep. I can't possibly dislike incorrect grammar.

Because I'm an ENTP.
    I thought Jaguar meant your ability to bite your tongue meant you weren't ENTP.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I don't know if this is your attempt at humor guys, but I can't help but feeling extreme prejudice against some of you that are posting in this thread. It's weird.

Anyways, MBTI shouldn't be a system that people are based on, it should be a system based on people. Just because I'm an INTP doesn't mean I don't like fluffy kittens and crying when I see the Notebook. It's a stereotype that INTPs don't do that kind of thing, but just because you go against the grain doesn't mean that you aren't classified into it.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I thought Jaguar meant your ability to bite your tongue meant you weren't ENTP.
    Possibly both.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Believe me, I don't get it either. The right-brained Ps might have given you all a bad reputation as far as precision and ability to spell goes.

I've noticed that NTPs exist between two poles. You have the ones that insist on precision in meaning (often defining words to avoid ambiguity), use a larger lexicon, and are bothered by poor grammar and spelling on one side.

On the other, there are the ones that claim spelling and grammar are "conventional cant" or something, assume they know what words mean when they don't, have very short attention spans, struggle with verbal complexity, and are very good at throwing out simple, random, irrelevant ideas, and coming up with ways to solve problems as they arise.

So my theory is that the first group of NTPs consists of left-brain, Ti-focused ones, and the second group consists of right-brained, Ne-focused ones. Most NTPs aren't at one of the two poles, and fall somewhere between them.

On the other hand, the only real difference might be that I like the way the first group thinks, and dislike the way the second group thinks.
    Actually, I'm a right-brained person with wicked Ne, and I insist on precision, correct grammar and spelling.

Analyze that.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    I don't know if this is your attempt at humor guys, but I can't help but feeling extreme prejudice against some of you that are posting in this thread. It's weird.

Anyways, MBTI shouldn't be a system that people are based on, it should be a system based on people. Just because I'm an INTP doesn't mean I don't like fluffy kittens and crying when I see the Notebook. It's a stereotype that INTPs don't do that kind of thing, but just because you go against the grain doesn't mean that you aren't classified into it.
    Threads do the crazy things threads do, but I think you hit on the point. Sometimes people stereotype themselves into a particular box. And that's a potentially pretty huge downside of sticking a four-letter personality label on yourself.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post

That actually reminds me of another axis that has nothing to do with other one.

On one side, there are NTPs who are very focused on structure and meaning in terms of a system, are sensitive to logical nuance, and tend to insist on understanding things in an objective way.

On the other, you have these really whiny NTPs that insist on viewing everything in terms of humanity in contexts where that don't make sense, focus on how a system affects people, say weird things about authenticity and being human, and have really esoteric personal truths that are based on some subjective sense of justice with an unclear origin that they can't explain properly.

Again, this could be just another way I've come up with to separate out the NTPs I comprehend and like from the ones that confuse and annoy me.

Yeah, it's dangerous to buy into the type thing completely. It's just one tool to help in understanding yourself.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Actually, I'm a right-brained person with wicked Ne, and I insist on precision, correct grammar and spelling.

Analyze that.
    You must have highly developed left-brain skills in addition to your right-brained nature?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Sometimes I even insist on good spelling. Other times, spelling itself is sufficient.

I love posting at 2 AM.

I... suppose. Yeah!