User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INTP or INFP?

MBTI
    INTP

Default INTP or INFP?

hi guys, i'm not sure if i'm an INFP or an INTP.
    When I'm really sad i.e, almost at the point of breaking down,(although thats really rare in my case) I avoid showing anyone such emotions and when I do cry, I cry silently . I usually become pissed off (and sometimes even get saddened) if someone calls me stupid or something similar because I'm forgetful. I tend to make fun of people who I consider too sensitive or stupid. For example, my younger sister one day was telling me about her teacher who scolded her for making a mistake in her math class. I however, considered it to be an inane thing to whine about and I started laughing because she was mad for such a stupid thing (if i was in her place, I wouldn't give a damn to the teacher). So, she starts crying and tells me that i'm a jerk when I didnt mean to be one. In addition to this, I never apologize even if its my mistake. However, I do get embarrased for saying something stupid or even for something like getting shouted at in public. I also do feel offended at times when people tell me to stop wasting their time when I ask a question. I often dream a lot, argue about things that interest me and I hate feeling unintelligent.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

INFP.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

INFP.

You had me at "When I'm really sad".

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Did you do your cognitive functions test?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

well, I took the test and i got INTP
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.7)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.7)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.8)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.7)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.1)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************** (46)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9.3)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.5)
    good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situations dynamics.

Your Cognitive Development Profile
    The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.3)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********* (9.6)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************************** (47.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************ (12)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.4)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.5)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situations dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
    Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Improviser; then Theorist; and lastly, Stabilizer.
    To read more about the four temperaments click here.

The reason why Si and Te are that low is that I don't like STJ much.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

INFP.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Eh, I don't see definitive INFP. Though mentioning sadness is a little suspect.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

I can relate to this fellow quite thoroughly, though I believe myself to be a definite INTP.

I agree with Orangey; he could most certainly be an INTP.

Could you list some of your interests, Ankitn?
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/EnglerMeister/hehh.jpg

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

he only described his feelings and emotions and how he deals with people's feelings etc., a thinker would have mentioned something about thinking at least.