• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

N elitism

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I don't know what the hell you're talking about with universal worth and helping the species. I don't know how this is relevant to anything I said. Proceed and someone will respond eventually... I just don't have the energy.

i was hinting that helping progress towards only a certain species (or even an entire universe of species) would also be classified as elitism. so yes, i'm an elitist. perhaps not by type, but by being (and possibly, location).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i was hinting that helping progress towards only a certain species (or even an entire universe of species) would also be classified as elitism. so yes, i'm an elitist. perhaps not by type, but by being (and possibly, location).

Oh. Well, I am vegan, and try to help all species.

But regardless, I think it's safe to assume that we are speaking of elitism within our own little elite human group.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
are you afraid of not being politically correct? or why is the topic "ugh"-y?

the people that are most prone to becoming "elitist" in their mentality are the mentality dominant ones (Se/Si/Ne/Ni). people with these are auxiliary functions are in a gray area and will most likely see things in a more balanced light.

i'm willing to bet that there outside of people who know their MBTI type exists no N elitism, because people don't know their type, and therefore aren't proud of it. like whoever said it, it's more a detached form of "selfishness". on the other hand, S elitism manifests itself as by the book bureaucracy (at least that's how i picture it), where change is neither welcomed nor permitted.

in all honesty, i would want N elitism to be more prevalent. both to study the effects on society at large and to see what changes may come about from it. it may be "evil" looking at it from one perspective, but on the other hand, what if a greater goal could be achieved through this?

SPOILER ALERT
for those of you who haven't seen the watchmen movie.

in the final scenes of the movie, ozymandias decides to blow up entire metropolises across the globe, realizing that the blame can only be put on dr. manhattan. for as long as dr. manhattan stays away from the planet, humanity is united in world peace.

/SPOILER

i see that scene from two sides: on one hand, you have an extreme number of human causalities, for which you can mourn the loss. but on the other hand, you have attained world peace... in a time where war was lurking everywhere. to me, this demonstrates just about the most extreme scenario of N elitism. my point is that even if it is extreme, any N elitism would always serve a goal that would eventually aid mankind as a whole. look at the discovery of nuclear science, and later, the atomic bomb. we took many lives from the japanese the day the bombs dropped, yet they also served to cement the power of the technology. i'm not saying it necessarily is a good thing, i'm just saying that there are always two sides.

Slaughtering hundreds of millions of innocents = NOT WORLD PEACE. In fact, that's the exact opposite.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Slaughtering hundreds of millions of innocents = NOT WORLD PEACE. In fact, that's the exact opposite.

really? i think you're trying to equate inequalities here, blue gandhi.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
really? i think you're trying to equate inequalities here, blue gandhi.

Am I? You seem to be suggesting here that "elitism" would mean that the ends justify the means when it comes to mass murder. How is that N? Or even logical? Mankind was not served as a whole. It was snuffed out by madness.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Am I? You seem to be suggesting here that "elitism" would mean that the ends justify the means when it comes to mass murder. How is that N? Or even logical? Mankind was not served as a whole. It was snuffed out by madness.

it was an alternative to a global scale nuclear war. would you be able to justify the losses of, say, 5 million people total versus 4 billion and a completely destroyed planet if you had to choose? sure he killed people, but those people would have died anyway, don't you think?

... and you're right. it's not N, it's NT.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
it was an alternative to a global scale nuclear war. would you be able to justify the losses of, say, 5 million people total versus 4 billion and a completely destroyed planet if you had to choose? sure he killed people, but those people would have died anyway, don't you think?

... and you're right. it's not N, it's NT.

No, it's not justified, because the 4 billion were not dead yet. We have free will, and that's an atrocity. It's the same reason why dropping atomic bombs on civilians was a national shame for the United States.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
No, it's not justified, because the 4 billion were not dead yet. We have free will, and that's an atrocity. It's the same reason why dropping atomic bombs on civilians was a national shame for the United States.

i'm not asking whether it's justified, i'm asking what you would choose. there is no middle route, there are no alternatives to those two situations.

you see your regrets before you see the goodness of your actions. why am i even having this discussion with you, blue gandhi?

Snow Turtle

I'm shocked that there is no popcorn emoticon.

Cute_Popcorn_by_A_Little_Kitty.png

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
i'm not asking whether it's justified, i'm asking what you would choose. there is no middle route, there are no alternatives to those two situations.

you see your regrets before you see the goodness of your actions. why am i even having this discussion with you, blue gandhi?

"Kill for peace" has been tried throughout history. It hasn't worked. I would never consider killing all those people, no matter the outcome.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
"Kill for peace" has been tried throughout history. It hasn't worked. I would never consider killing all those people, no matter the outcome.

jesus. either you're a complete logical idiot, or you just don't get my point.

if a nuclear war breaks out and bombs are being dropped on major cities across every country on the entire fucking planet, don't you think there'd be more than 5 million causalities? do you not understand that i don't give you the option to choose between; it's kill 5 million now or a full scale nuclear war. it isn't "kill for peace" as much as it is "kill for survival". world peace is a perk in this situation.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well there is a biased towards Ns on here but IRL hmm not sure.

I guess because Ns see the bigger picture it makes them better at controlling the overall situation rather than smaller details and so they are commonly very suited to leadership, more so than S you could argue and so Ns do get more attention.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think the real person comes out on internet forums. They're probably just as common as in real life.

EDIT: elitists, I'm referring to.

CJ99

MBTI Type
ENTP
jesus. either you're a complete logical idiot, or you just don't get my point.

if a nuclear war breaks out and bombs are being dropped on major cities across every country on the entire fucking planet, don't you think there'd be more than 5 million causalities? do you not understand that i don't give you the option to choose between; it's kill 5 million now or a full scale nuclear war. it isn't "kill for peace" as much as it is "kill for survival". world peace is a perk in this situation.

pure mercury i think what Sentura is saying is 4 billion die or 5 million die (those 5 million being part of the 4 billion) therefor either way a certian 5 million die and you chose whether or not another 3.95 billion die.

btw how did u get into this arguement from N elitism?:huh:

CJ99

MBTI Type
ENTP
I just remembered that there is a quote where jung talks about N and says its importance outweighs the number who use which is sort of N elitism.